Games That Are Far More Fun and Addicting Than They Should Be

Started by Trouble, May 17, 2010, 05:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samael

Quote from: Caeli on May 19, 2010, 12:54:48 AM
My friends have been going nuts about League of Legends.

Me, I want to wait until I get Windows 7 and reformat my computer before I start playing. >.>

It is really a good game (and windows 7 rocks).
A match takes between 40 mins to an hour, usually.
If you don't have a tank, you have already lost the match.
If one of your team disconnects and the game turns into a 4 vs 5, or 2 vs 3, you have already lost.
If a few of your team mates die 3-5 times in the first 15 mins, you have already lost (its called 'feeding', where opponents get a ton of money from the kills, and will have gear vastly above yours very quickly, steam rolling you).

But it got a ton of neat characters to play, and with a good, balanced team its hella fun.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Oniya

Went to play the elements game and got a Malware Blocked alert from my anti-virus. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Samael

argh, really? I'll delete the link.
A shame, the game was really good.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Wolfy

Rayne

Harvest moon, and the sims. I don't know why those games are fun, but they are.
Also, pandemic 2. Yay morbid sense of humor
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

GeekFury

Quote from: Rayne on May 22, 2010, 03:10:36 PM
Harvest moon, and the sims. I don't know why those games are fun, but they are.
Also, pandemic 2. Yay morbid sense of humor
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

Was just playing that on New Grounds! FINALY WON! Started in Madagascar then made the ultimate Parastite before it infected anyone where else, then BANG! Insano Strain killed the world with, SCIENCE!

cronort

I started Seed
Played around with the purple flowers for like 10mins and started seeing pink.
I leave for four hours, come back, and well...

I have trees of black flowers. Even my trees are dark : ( Lol

I'd show a pic but can never seem to get prt scr to work

Daimon de Broken Hearted

.Hack
D&D online
And Halo, shooting little aliens in head, dose not get bored.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Phaia

Quote from: Kazyth on May 17, 2010, 06:42:26 PM
It needs to be said.  Plants vs. Zombies: http://www.popcap.com/games/pvz

I love this game, so very, very, very much.

**lost now killing zombies with my pea shooters and SQUASH!!!**

cronort

Wish there was an actual .hack mmo :/
Doesn't even have to be VR
Though that would be epic

Bliss

Quote from: Oniya on May 19, 2010, 03:01:58 PM
The only thing saving you is the fact that there are a limited number of levels.   >:)

I got yer limited number of levels right here.

This is the only level.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

cronort

Oh! I almost tried DDO but um.. Stormreave is p2p and the free one takes too long to download. If I can find it on disc maybe.

O.o Only one level? *Clicks*

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

cronort

Lol. That games tarded. But :P I played it for a bit.

Ty

This is my addicting flash game of choice. Amorphous+
http://www.kongregate.com/games/innocuousGames/amorphous

Though this is addictive too : Elona Shooter
http://www.kongregate.com/games/noanoa/elona-shooter

Zuma :A game I am quite addicted to, but only played the version from Steam
http://www.popcap.com/games/free/zuma

Oniya

Dating myself, but I remember being addicted to the original version of this one.

http://www.elizium.nu/scripts/lemmings/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Marguerite

http://games.yahoo.com/free-games/sushi-cat

Sushi Cat, a game about feeding a fat cat sushi. Addicting, when it should not be at all.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

RampantDesires

KoL anyone?

If you are skilled perhaps the Naughty Sorceress will rock you on the dais... (does require quick registration)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Caeli

Echo Bazaar
http://echobazaar.failbettergames.com/

My new favorite browser game! As a warning, it's text-based, for those who are more interested in hack-and-slash or action-type games.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 28, 2010, 04:27:56 PM
KoL anyone?

If you are skilled perhaps the Naughty Sorceress will rock you on the dais... (does require quick registration)

*Coughs*  This post is so true, that my 'true meter' just exploded... ;)

I've been playing for over 3 years and I love it ever so much!!  Best free role playing game on the net!  :D
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

RampantDesires

I LOVE KoL I haven't played much in the past few years sadly, but I have all of the old school goodies :)

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Trouble

Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

gaggedLouise

Kitten Cannon would have to score high for me. Not that I hate cats, far from it, but following the kitty as it bumps its way through the air and the landscape, hitting cactuses, bombs and bouncers, and making those loud, surprised meeows, is absurdly addictive.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Oniya

Quote from: Samael on May 18, 2010, 08:22:46 PM
Gemcraft Chapter 0
So damn addictive...

Yesssss.....

*hides her little sheet of notes for where she's found the amulets*