Curse of the Nine (Pathfinder Seeker Thread)

Started by Black Howling, March 18, 2011, 09:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NicciKotor

Quote from: Eternal Blade on March 18, 2011, 11:26:13 AM
Here she is. Let me know if I did anything wrong.

You could save yourself a lot of money by getting a twilight mithril chainshirt. It would only cost 5100 gp, and you could get +5 ac, no check penalty, and no spell failure chance.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Eternal Blade

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 18, 2011, 03:31:45 PM
You could save yourself a lot of money by getting a twilight mithril chainshirt. It would only cost 5100 gp, and you could get +5 ac, no check penalty, and no spell failure chance.

Chain shirt doesn't fit how I want my character to look, and it's only a 3 ac upgrade. Not to mention that isn't likely a property that will show up a lot in the game, so no thank you.

Ebb

Here's Kelnik, the half-orc sorcerer. I'd be happy to hear about any rule violations that might have crept in, or suggestions for improvement. Also I still need to buy mundane equipment. And a picture.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8281

Nicci: It looks like your character on plothook is locked from view.

Callie Del Noire

I don't suppose teiflings are allowed? (In a 'tainted' pc mood. :D)

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Black Howling on March 18, 2011, 09:16:20 AM
The ancient secrets of a great empire lay beneath the ravaged Plains of Andora. Legend has it that these wild lands were once the center of the greatest human empire the continent had ever seen. Magic the likes of which we cannot fathom was practiced amidst the empire's towering spires, warriors wielded magic blades that could slice holes in reality, and the sky was ruled by floating vessels carried across the winds by trained griffins. Evidence of the empire exist across the entire continent, but the only solid proof ever found laid in these very plains.

The legends say the plains were scorched when the empire grew decadent, scorched by a hole to the nine hells that the empire's very own mages opened. History says that the empire was wiped in but a fortnight after the portal appeared, and that it just mysteriously closed after the damage was wrought, leaving but a warning to the survivors that no human civilization should ever rise there again. The Kingdom of Rosalia has dismissed this legend as a mere superstitious folk-tale, and for the past ten years they have worked tirelessly to try and recolonize the land.

Rosalia's attempt has been very successful so far, and already several prominent towns dot the landscape while dozens of villages and hamlets surround them. For all their success, however, they still find themselves in need of aid. Recently savage creatures have been found pouring from the ruins that can be found across the countryside, causing a panic that the lands may be too wild to tame. Researchers from the kingdom are also interested in the ruins for what secrets they might hold. These among many other reasons are what brings you to these cursed fields.....

That's much of my inspiration and ideas in a nutshell. I'm looking for a group to help explore this region, which is set in a homebrewed setting of mine. I have some really good plot for the game despite the somewhat vague introduction, and I'm looking for characters that enjoy delving into strange new lands and carving mysterious stories. Character creation rules are as follows.

--Players start at 6th level.
--Roll 5D6 taking the highest 3 for ability scores.
--Character wealth will be 20,000 GP plus one personal item of around 5,000 GP.
--Core and APG are the only for sure content allowed, ask about anything else.
--Content from D&D 3.5 must be presented to me to convert.
--This is a western themed game, so use only digital 3D and choice pieces of art for pictures. No anime, it's too oriental.
--Max first hit die for HP as usual, and then roll the remaining five with a minroll of the average. 5 for D10, 3 for D6 etc.
--No monster characters, this isn't the game for that sort of thing.

I already have a possible four interested players, so inquire within. For now it's sure that the healing/support role is taken, as is one of the possible hybrid roles. Only looking for a maximum of six players total, those I've talked to before hand should cast interest in the thread so I know you're still game.

I think the first post pretty much covered it, but I'm just a lowly PC.

Laughing Hyena

Working on my own character. Seems we have a lot of good characters so far. Yes I was one of the four that was in the reserved slots. :-) Anyway does anyone of you have survival or did you all skip that?

Ebb

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 18, 2011, 03:58:11 PM
Working on my own character. Seems we have a lot of good characters so far. Yes I was one of the four that was in the reserved slots. :-) Anyway does anyone of you have survival or did you all skip that?

Survival? Is surviving important?

(In other words, nope.)

Revelation

NicciKotor

I'm a pally, all I care about is spreading the joy of LOVE AND PEACE!!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 18, 2011, 04:01:42 PM
I'm a pally, all I care about is spreading the joy of LOVE AND PEACE!!

Sure.. and I'm here..

hmmm...

for fun and profit?
I might spare a couple points. :D

Black Howling

Quote from: Ebb on March 18, 2011, 03:42:36 PM
Here's Kelnik, the half-orc sorcerer. I'd be happy to hear about any rule violations that might have crept in, or suggestions for improvement. Also I still need to buy mundane equipment. And a picture.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8281

Nicci: It looks like your character on plothook is locked from view.

I had her fix it, though I have to ask a few things about your character. First of all, your ability allotments are very strange. I'm not not usually one to question a strange build, but I'm seriously wondering about this sorcerer. You have some of a couple of their prime assets low, such as wisdom and dex. One or the other wouldn't have seemed odd, but the mixture has me thrown off. And for the feats? Might I ask some of the basic ways you intended to play this character? I just want to make sure you have a good idea of him.
Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 18, 2011, 03:45:58 PM
I don't suppose teiflings are allowed? (In a 'tainted' pc mood. :D)
No, I don't really want monster characters. I know the tiefling isn't too bad in that aspect, but it is still a higher race then the basic PC's, and not the theme I want to set for this particular game. Also, now that Hyena has claimed his spot in the game (He was on the invite list) I'm not sure there is for sure a spot open. Between setup and the questions I've been answering I haven't had time to properly guage the interest, and with those wanting in right now it looks like I'm gonna have to choose between some people.

Callie Del Noire

Well if it's already full, I'll stop taking your time. (shame about Callie not being a teifling though. :-D Been wanting to play a rouge since Starfox vanished)

Ebb

Quote from: Black Howling on March 18, 2011, 04:07:26 PM
I had her fix it, though I have to ask a few things about your character. First of all, your ability allotments are very strange. I'm not not usually one to question a strange build, but I'm seriously wondering about this sorcerer. You have some of a couple of their prime assets low, such as wisdom and dex. One or the other wouldn't have seemed odd, but the mixture has me thrown off. And for the feats? Might I ask some of the basic ways you intended to play this character? I just want to make sure you have a good idea of him.

Sure, I'm happy to discuss, either here or through PM. I'll freely admit to being a Pathfinder novice, so I have no expectations that this is an optimal build. But it is more fun for everyone if all of the characters can at least pull their own weight, so if there's anything obviously crippled then I can certainly change it.

I'm not sure why wisdom and dex are prime assets, for example - is this primarily a saving throws issue? Essentially I see Kelnik as a big, imposing half-orc who can deal out some damage, either through spells or by enlarging himself and having a go with the greataxe. He's not particularly crafty, per se, and probably ends up hitting the dirt more often than most characters.

Not a huge amount of thought went into feats. Intimidating Prowess since Intimidation is sort of one of his signature skills. Combat Casting since I thought he might find himself in melee more than most casters. And Magical Aptitude because... well, no particularly good reason there, so if you could suggest an alternative I'm all ears.

As I said, we can certainly discuss changes. If you'd rather not clutter up the recruitment thread then PM works for me.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ebb on March 18, 2011, 04:20:06 PM
Sure, I'm happy to discuss, either here or through PM. I'll freely admit to being a Pathfinder novice, so I have no expectations that this is an optimal build. But it is more fun for everyone if all of the characters can at least pull their own weight, so if there's anything obviously crippled then I can certainly change it.

I'm not sure why wisdom and dex are prime assets, for example - is this primarily a saving throws issue? Essentially I see Kelnik as a big, imposing half-orc who can deal out some damage, either through spells or by enlarging himself and having a go with the greataxe. He's not particularly crafty, per se, and probably ends up hitting the dirt more often than most characters.

Not a huge amount of thought went into feats. Intimidating Prowess since Intimidation is sort of one of his signature skills. Combat Casting since I thought he might find himself in melee more than most casters. And Magical Aptitude because... well, no particularly good reason there, so if you could suggest an alternative I'm all ears.

As I said, we can certainly discuss changes. If you'd rather not clutter up the recruitment thread then PM works for me.

Clerics (particularly good ones with at least a decent charisma) should always look at the Channelling feats. Extra Channeling and Selective Channeling are good options. You get to AOE Heal your buddies in a fight, keep the bad guys from benefiting and undead don't like positive energy anyway. :-D

NicciKotor

I have a crap lot of healing as a pally. Something around 24d6 per day. I can also channel like a cleric, but it is only worth it if 3+ people are hurt badly.

All the more reason for more Love and PEACE!!

Ebb

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 18, 2011, 04:22:37 PM
Clerics (particularly good ones with at least a decent charisma) should always look at the Channelling feats. Extra Channeling and Selective Channeling are good options. You get to AOE Heal your buddies in a fight, keep the bad guys from benefiting and undead don't like positive energy anyway. :-D

Okay. I'm playing a sorcerer, though.

Laughing Hyena

hmm.. we have a supposed aggre warrior, a tank warrior, a sorceress, a rogue supposedly and a priest. Am I missing anything?

Lady Lunarius

mee i'm a witch working on it right nowwww
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Revelation

As a barbarian I have a lot of HP, and I also have DR 3/- for now, which means I will be taking less damage per hit against me... I'll prolly need that.

We have a Barbarian (Moi), Paladin (Nicci), A Witch (Lady Luna), and a Fighter/Sorceress going into Eldritch Knight. I do not know if anyone else is in or out. Best to let the GM decide who's on the chopping block. Ebb is making a sorcerer, Hyena I am not sure what he is making.

Callie Del Noire

Opps.. don't know why I had that short circuit there..

Good ones for a Sorcerer include elemental substitution, augmented summoning, Arcane Armor Training, Arcane Strike, and Arcane blast/shield later on at 10th.

Black Howling

Ebb, I'll pm you about the character sometime early this morning. Right now I'm cruising past 24 hours, and can't think properly enough to approve characters at the moment. So far it's looking pretty good.

Lady Lunarius

Yes I know I need the Adventure Items and a few other things but I'm working on those here shortly. That and adding up all my coinage.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Laughing Hyena

Looks like the rogue is the runner up here now. Guess i'll have to fill in that niche once more.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 18, 2011, 05:28:02 PM
Looks like the rogue is the runner up here now. Guess i'll have to fill in that niche once more.

Oh but you always play them so charmingly
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Laughing Hyena

Hmm.. is there a way to play an assassin without being of evil alignment? Or at the very least using poison without it potentially backfiring on the unfortunate?