News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fandomverse (Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, August 14, 2013, 03:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Batman4560

Oh he should become Ogion from Legends of earthsea.

Cynadea

Okay throwing this in:

The threads would be separated this way:
Middle Earth: High and low fantasy

Deep Space Nine: Scifi

Gotham: Super heroes, and normal humans

Raccoon City: Post-apocalyptic/Zombie

I need to find something that is suitable for a modern fantasy/Gothic (As in vampire, werewolf, angels and demons), I'd rather have it be fictional than a real city... Any suggestions?

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

steelsmiter

Quote from: Batman4560 on August 14, 2013, 10:42:34 PM
I can only imagine.
Well, in 4 he was looking at optional early retirement. that was turn of the century type stuff... though looking at his IMDb bio, it's almost obvious why he played the way he did in LW1.
Quote from: Aysande on August 14, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

I need to find something that is suitable for a modern fantasy/Gothic (As in vampire, werewolf, angels and demons), I'd rather have it be fictional than a real city... Any suggestions?
Where was Buffyverse held?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

apygoos

Quote from: Aysande on August 14, 2013, 10:46:06 PM
Okay throwing this in:

The threads would be separated this way:
Middle Earth: High and low fantasy

Deep Space Nine: Scifi

Gotham: Super heroes, and normal humans

Raccoon City: Post-apocalyptic/Zombie

[/quot'e]
Godrics Hollow/Hodsmead village/Hogwarts? [harry potter]

doodasaurus

Quote from: steelsmiter on August 14, 2013, 10:48:23 PM
Where was Buffyverse held?

Sunnydale, California.  Not a real place, though there is at least one Sunnydale up by San Jose!  ;D

In a lot of the modern vampire stuff, they don't bother naming the city the action takes place in, alas.

Ember Star

my friend suggested Mystic Falls from the Vampire Diaries
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

steelsmiter

Quote from: Ember Star on August 14, 2013, 10:54:50 PM
my friend suggested Mystic Falls from the Vampire Diaries
your friend is a genius!
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

PoppyHoneymeade

I would suggest Halloween Town, but cartoons aren't allowed :(

I'd be interested in this (and as a side note am both British and a Pratchett fan) but I have no idea who I'd play yet.... far too many choices.

That being said I'd suggest Stargate Command for the Sci Fi as with a little imagination you could use the stargate to access all sorts of places... Field trip to Betazed anyone?

Batman4560

Did they ever name the city from underworld?

Cynadea

I prefer Mystic Falls to anything Harry potter *nodnods*

Underworld happens in Prague.

doodasaurus

Quote from: Batman4560 on August 14, 2013, 10:57:47 PM
Did they ever name the city from underworld?

Nope.  It was one of the places I specifically checked for!

Ember Star

Quote from: steelsmiter on August 14, 2013, 10:56:10 PM
your friend is a genius!
LOL. I knew he'd have something for it. He likes modern fantasy a lot.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

steelsmiter

Quote from: PoppyHoneymeade on August 14, 2013, 10:57:32 PM
(and as a side note am both British and a Pratchett fan)
I cry every time I read Thud pp. 333-336 as
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sam is killin' dwarves with flame throwers as he shouts Where is My Cow and Young Sam can hear it
Or in Men at Arms when
Carrot kills Cruces and we find that the gonne is buried with Cuddy
or in Night Watch (my favorite book ever)
Keel and the line. Sam's expertise with traps in general
or in Snuff
when Young Sam gives the picture to the goblin girl because an exchange of something special must be made in order to allow Commander Vimes to solve the mystery with the snuff container
. Perhaps those aren't especially emotional moments but for me they were.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Cynadea

Quote from: steelsmiter on August 14, 2013, 11:09:04 PM
or in Night Watch (my favorite book ever)

Oh my god, that book. I think I could read it all over again... if I had not let my sister borrow them. I miss Anton suddenly.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Aysande on August 14, 2013, 11:36:10 PM
Oh my god, that book. I think I could read it all over again... if I had not let my sister borrow them. I miss Anton suddenly.
Yeah I have a story involving a character named Edna Coates that is a niece to Ned and was killed prior to the actual events of Night Watch (and became a zombie), which as you can imagine is a good reason for Vimes to accept her application to the Watch (after the events of Snuff). I haven't gotten anyone to run it in Fate Core yet.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

arkhos

Quote from: doodasaurus on August 14, 2013, 07:11:52 PM
That said, there is no such thing as too much Claudia Black.  It is not possible.  Just sayin'.  :D

Wise words. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Cynadea

steelsmiter

Took forever for me to post my sheet, not sure if you need anything in there besides what I posted. I'll have to watch LW4 again to find out what the kid's name is though it seems like Vicky Lynn resonates with me.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

apygoos

i cant decide.. Potter..House MD...or something else...

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Cynadea

The game-related discussions can be done on the ooc now :)

And please make sure to send the sheets to me and/or Ember by PM, not post them on the thread. I'll make a separate thread to post all the apps together.

apygoos

Ember Star

apygoos

also: you mean a 2 paragraph minimum per post right? not maximum, i hope..
Im thinking mostlikely House, cant decide if i want him or someone else though..