Frontier life game

Started by RedEve, September 16, 2017, 04:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

I have tried something like this a few times before, but unfortunately it tends to peter out. I hope that this time will be the one that lasts.

The idea behind this solo game is as follows:
The year is 1875. The civil war has been over with for a year. A civil war veteran living in a frontier life decides that it's finally time to take a wife.
After the war, the former Union Cavalry men only owned his saddle and his Army issue rifle and revolver.
By the starting point of our game, he has become a respected member of his little community, as the proprietor of the general store and the deputy Marshall.

He is now in his early 40s and realizes that if he doesn't start a family soon, it will probably never happen.
A former acquaintance of his has made a life for himself in Kansas, where he is a small town preacher.
Living with him and his wife as their ward is a 20 year old young woman whose mother worked at a brothel and who gave the child to the preacher and his wife in her infancy to avoid that she ended up sharing the same fate.
The preacher and his wife raised the girl as their own, but the people around town remember her true background and thus she is having trouble finding a husband as the daughter of a common whore.

Knowing that his out-of-state friend is looking for a wife and in the knowledge that no one in his friend's town will know his ward's background, the preacher writes to his old friend to offer him his ward's hand in marriage.

The story would start with the bride-to-be's arrival and then the first weeks and months (and possibly beyond that) of their marriage.

I originally played the role of the bride-to-be in the earlier incarnations of this game, but I am willing to play either role this time around, as long as I find a committed partner for this idea.

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list