Poly Family (Interest Check)

Started by LimitlessNikkie, May 01, 2014, 02:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimitlessNikkie

So I've had this floating around in my head for a while. I want to have a small (four person) sandbox style game where essentially two established in love couples coming together to try to form a cohesive poly family (a unit that shares a deep and emotional bonds though there may or may not be a sexual relationship between same sexes though they share the before mentioned emotional bond).

I want to explore the emotional ups and downs of the two couples as they try form one working unit. I want to explore the jealousies and hurt that can happen at the beginning, basically I want to go threw the 'growing pains' of forming these kinds of relationships in a world that generally shuns the idea.

I want to see if there is any kind of interest in a game of this kind. Please feel free to post questions.

eternaldarkness

I'll jump on this one as the male half of either couple if you find yourself short a few people. I actually am poly, so if you want someone that can play all the issues and emotional angst convincingly, i've got you covered. Also, are you only wanting this story to be about a closed quad, or would the characters be able to branch out a bit to other partners? Although two couples can definitely have enough drama to keep players entertained for whole lifetimes, being able to eventually add a few more into the mix (in the form of secondary characters) would be fun too.

LimitlessNikkie

To start out with I want to limit the story to the two pairs though once that dynamic is settled it might be interesting to add other secondary characters depending on how the other finalized players feel about it.

WildStallionNYC

i'm interested, would like to know more about ages and relationships you are thinking...

LimitlessNikkie

Ages and relationships, I would leave up to the players. I figured when (if) we got enough people interested then we could discuss types of characters and the personal dynamics of their own relationship since what I want ideally would be for the two original couples to be very much in love with each other, very secure in their relationship before trying to go into a poly situation.