The Unconquered Sun is calling you.

Started by stargirl, September 29, 2012, 05:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

I really don't want in.  I don't have any good ideas.  I was just offering to take the ST seat if you couldn't get anyone else.  Someone else can take the spot that was supposed to be for me.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AllieCat

Maybe there's enough interest in a second game? I've never played Exalted before... :)

Zaer Darkwail

Playing exalted is easy; you just roll bunch of dice and hope get much as possible successes on them (90% of time, rest 10% are virtue rolls). Complex part is to build char so it fits your concept and can survive lethal exalted universe.

traveller5k

A second game sounds like a good idea; I didn't want to put people off by putting a limit on players. It's the number of players I'm comfortable STing for at the moment rather than anything like that.

As for the game I'm planning to use Second Edition with the appropriate errata plus a couple of extra tweaks that I prefer. I try to avoid too much combat, especially for large groups as I know how Exalted can get a bit clunky on forums in that regard. And I tend to run fast and loose to a degree with rules when I don't feel they add to the situation at hand.

I'd be looking to run the usual heroic style of Exalted game for a mixed party of mainly celestials, though I am quite willing to entertain half-castes and the like for people. I would also look to work in people's backstories and actions into the plot of the game to bring everyone along.

Setting-wise, I do actually have an adventure set in the north-east I've been wanting to run for a while, centrered initially around an independent settlement caught between the westward encroaching northern reaches of Halta and the Tear Eaters. How does that sound to people?

Anon315

I am unfamiliar with the Tear Eaters, but I will read up on them. Otherwise this sounds like exactly what the group wants and I would be very much behind the idea.

ShadowFox89

Maybe concurrent games running in the same continuity with their own ST in each? It'd take some cooperation, but those games tend to be fun.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

stargirl

North-East? Tear Eaters? Looks like you plan to have the Lover involved in the story. That would send the story to the extreme section, I guess.

Quote from: traveller5k on October 02, 2012, 04:12:28 PM
A second game sounds like a good idea; I didn't want to put people off by putting a limit on players. It's the number of players I'm comfortable STing for at the moment rather than anything like that.

As for the game I'm planning to use Second Edition with the appropriate errata plus a couple of extra tweaks that I prefer. I try to avoid too much combat, especially for large groups as I know how Exalted can get a bit clunky on forums in that regard. And I tend to run fast and loose to a degree with rules when I don't feel they add to the situation at hand.

I'd be looking to run the usual heroic style of Exalted game for a mixed party of mainly celestials, though I am quite willing to entertain half-castes and the like for people. I would also look to work in people's backstories and actions into the plot of the game to bring everyone along.

Setting-wise, I do actually have an adventure set in the north-east I've been wanting to run for a while, centrered initially around an independent settlement caught between the westward encroaching northern reaches of Halta and the Tear Eaters. How does that sound to people?

Videospirit

I'd be up for playing in a second game. AndyZ is cool as a storyteller if you want to go with the 2 different storytellers in the same continuity idea.

avorae

Ok I have no clue what the Tear Eaters are... Could someone give me an idea of which books that they would be in so i can find a copy to read up on them.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: avorae on October 04, 2012, 11:19:11 PM
Ok I have no clue what the Tear Eaters are... Could someone give me an idea of which books that they would be in so i can find a copy to read up on them.

Try the books about the North. I think they're a tribe of cannibal mutant barbarians. They might work for one of the Deathlords and/or worship ghosts.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Muse

I believe what Cold Heritage says is correct.  They worship their ancestors and the Lover Clad in a Raiment of Tears.  As a result, they have a lot of powerful ancestors--ghosts--, half-ghost heroes, and are generally dangerous in a necromantic fashion. 

And of course they're nomads, so they're strengthened by a hard life to begin with and hard to pin down in one spot. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if second game is also made I am interested join in on it. As said I do not want steal anyone's spot in first game :P.

traveller5k

Quote from: stargirl on October 02, 2012, 07:47:03 PM
North-East? Tear Eaters? Looks like you plan to have the Lover involved in the story. That would send the story to the extreme section, I guess.

I was probably more aiming at the exotic section at most; in fact that is something I'll need to know, what level of content people are comfortable with/expecting.

ShadowFox89

I wonder if there's anyone interested in running a Modern Shard alchemicals game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

avorae

Quote from: traveller5k on October 06, 2012, 07:07:50 PM
I was probably more aiming at the exotic section at most; in fact that is something I'll need to know, what level of content people are comfortable with/expecting.

The exotic section works just fine for me.

Muse

NC Exotic would be my first choice.  :)  Doesn't have to have non-con elements, but exotic is kind of important for adult exalted. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

stargirl

Well, I think we need NC too. Not that it should go into each scene. It is just that some NC charms are just too much into NC range, so I would say that the same for us it to put it under NC Exotic.

If someone are going to try to make beastmen, then it should go into Extreme, right? :p (Just kidding, I hope)

ShadowFox89

I'd be really interested in playing a game in the West or Blessed Isle.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Still hoping to hear back from Taveler! 

I have a character almost ready on the assumption he's using base creation, and if not it's good guidelines for whatever method he uses.  :)

Muse

I've just heard from Traveler.  Real Life has gotten busy for him and he doesn't have time to run after all.  (He's also bowing out of the pathfinder i was running for him.)

Anyone interested in taking over?

Arianhro

I'm nO ST but if there's ever space I adore Exalted...
On/Off And More
A&A Timetabling - Updater 23rd October

Muse

And now I'm wondering how crazy I'd be to try running two exalted games at once. 

Are people stuck on the idea of a celestial level game?  (Solars and Lunars?)  Or could we try something with Outcastes and elementals?  Or even God Blooded? 

Are there any particular directions (with their associated gender polotics) that people especially favor? 

The familiar family groups of the north?  The matriarchy with total romantic freedom of the East?  The patriarchy with bondage elements popular in the south? 

The West can be an issue for a game with a lot of girls.  The storm mothers enforce a strong taboo against women on the water--unless they join a specific guild called the Taya. 

Zaer Darkwail

Tya you mean, the female sailors are all Tyans or exalted (DB's also can be expection even storm mothers rules but customs are strict in West overall).

Anyways I do not mind play god-blooded or 'lesser' than celestial exalt. I would not mind a full blown real dynasty game which focus on everyday affairs in Dynasty. Or group of university students who study in different academies in realm who hang out and are perhaps even childhood friends.

Or be Lookshy DB's and god-bloods/heroic mortals.

stargirl

Me too. I don't mind playing DB or anything else. I actually like that very much.

As for taboo, this isn't necessarily bad. We can have that or not. So for me, make what you would like more and I will follow.

avorae

I'd really be interested in a DB game...