Curse of Strahd looking for 1 or 2 M characters.

Started by Roman100, February 04, 2020, 09:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman100

So I am running Curse of Strahd and I wanted to have a decent balance of genders/sexualities because A) I didn't want anyone to be left out of the smut that was to follow and B) My OCD -commanded- it of me.  The current party is still in Death House and the group is a little larger than a normal D&D game but I'm fine with a little larger group since I've upped the difficulty anyways.

Originally I had a good, balanced cast but then a game I was in as a player started to tank and I wanted to help out the other players so I offered them a spot in this game.  That would be fine but now there's not enough husbandos to go around and the natives are getting restless.

So, if you want to play a male character in a smutty D&D game full of half-elf girls that are eager for attention then . . . well you're pretty average, actually.  But!  But I want to add at least one M character to the roster.  I'm trying to avoid doubling up on classes but as we get more characters that becomes harder and harder.  The current party is as follows:

2x Paladins
Ranger
Rogue/Wizard
Cleric
Bard
Wizard
Druid

So, we've got a decent amount of healing but we lack people focusing on ranged combat.  Several characters can -do- ranged combat, but the Ranger is melee focused and so is the Rogue/Wizard.  Put up your concepts here and we'll talk!

FYI, this game is being run on Discord.  I'm putting this message up here because I'm specifically looking to add players to a existing party and the non-Elliquiy forum seems to be primarily 1v1 requests.

ReijiTabibito

What character options are open to us?  I've got a couple of ideas, but before I go running off to think of things, I want to know what I have to work with.

Roman100

Well, I won't veto anything outright but I'm looking to match the bleak, lower-fantasy horror tone of Curse of Strahd.  All the characters so far are human and half-elf and a Yuan-ti Pureblood.  The setting of Ravenloft is almost all human and while the characters are all coming in from other worlds, (some from Faerun, some from Eberron and some from the Warhammer universe where they haven't noticed a difference yet) I'd like to keep in that theme.  As far as character options go I'm allowing UA but no homebrew.

In short a Dragonborn character might have a tough time being labeled as a monster by the townsfolk but if you can sell me on a concept I'll be open.

ReijiTabibito

OK.  Since you're allowing UA, I assume that extends to SCAG, Xanathar, and any of the other class options?

Roman100

Yeah, those are fine.  Just no homebrew or 3rd party stuff.

Xeal

Also if you decide to be from Eberron, Sharn specifically, I wouldn't be against already knowing your character and setting something up, depending on their walk of life of course.

Snowball

Hi, I'd be curious to learn more about the game and see if I'd be a good fit for what you have going!

Given the party composition, I'm interested in playing a Warlock. That's a good ranged combat / crowd-control fit, and there's a sliding scale of how much I can antagonise the paladins, haha. Straight Fiend Warlock who thinks a deal with the devil is worth it if it gets rid of Strahd? Fey warlock who believes Strahd needs to go down, and have a little mischief along the way? We can discuss my patron more, I like it when the warlock patrons are involved in the story and make active demands.

O/Os

Status: Getting a bit busy, but expected turnaround within 3 days at the longest.

Roman100

Snowball, does that mean you're interested in playing a character from Barovia?  Only one other PC is currently from Barovia.  Can you tell me a bit more about what you're thinking?

Snowball

Absolutely. I'd like to be from the local area, hence more actively affected by Strahd's reign.
I haven't played CoS before, but I know a little bit about it given Strahd's infamy.

Maybe I'm one of the few people in Barovia who actually know/suspect that Strahd is a vampire. I ran afoul of his tax collectors. At my darkest moment, my patron offered me a way to help the people of Barovia and take down Strahd. Maybe my patron is the one who pointed me in the direction of the group in the first place?
O/Os

Status: Getting a bit busy, but expected turnaround within 3 days at the longest.

Roman100

Hm, okay.  Well, the normal range of Patrons might not be available because of the fact that Ravenloft is supposed to be a prison and it's hard to get in or out except under special circumstances.  What were some of the ideas you had for Patrons?

Snowball

Well, I'm pretty flexible on patrons. As I said earlier, some kind of demon-lord who wants to take down Strahd could be an option, and I view this as the lesser of two evils, so to speak. If this would make more sense, what about a Hexblade Warlock who found the weapon within Ravenloft? I could have found a bow if you'd accept the Xanathar's Improved Pact Weapon invocation. Maybe even a Great Old One patron related to the Dark Powers and the mists around Ravenloft itself, as elements within the prison seek to finally deliver a death sentence to the inmate.

I'm flexible though, so if there's a patron you think would be easy to work into the story, I'd happily take a look and see what kind of character I can brew up!
O/Os

Roman100

Okay, I'll start thinking about some ideas there.  Do you have any ideas about the character themselves?  I presume human since they're from Barovia.  What about personality?  Are they going to be one of the 'souless' that live in Barovia?  If you haven't heard about them, essentially because extraplanars can't enter or exist it means that souls can't either so the souls in Barovia just keep getting recycled but there aren't enough to go around.  Like musical chairs except little Jimmy loses out on a soul instead of a seat.

AndyZ

You said it’s in Discord.  What day and time is the game?

Also, would you want folks to keep out if they’ve played through Curse of Strahd before?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Roman100

It's asynchronous.  Not set date or time, just using Discord because I have an easier time checking it on my mobile than the website and I'm usually on my mobile.  And if you can keep yourself from sharing spoilers then I don't care if you have played through CoS or not.  I'm changing some things around, of course, so I think most people will be pretty well kept on their toes, anyways.

Also, I should warn prospective people that I'm expecting at least a few characters to die during the campaign.  I'm letting the dice fall where they may and I replaced the normal Death Check system with the Warhammer FRPG Critical Hit table.  For those of you unfamiliar with it the phrase "death from shock and blood loss is instantaneous" is pretty common on it.

Snowball

Yep, I'm thinking human. Nothing too fancy.

Oh, I really like the idea of being a soul-less. Perhaps my patron could show me a bit of my past life? I like to develop personality by bouncing off other players, but right now I think he'd be snarky but good-natured, just sort of worn down by life in Barovia. Uses dark humour to cope. He'd be glad for the other characters' optimism as outsiders, but be a little cynical as to their hopes of truly defeating Strahd.

May I ask what level we're starting at?
O/Os

Quietly

You've brought up fetishes. What kind of smut are the players/you into?
The devil in detail is in the details.

Roman100

I don't think I actually have brought up any fetishes but it's a pretty varied group.  There's not much smut going on right now but there's a wide variety of characters.  Some are more promiscuous than others.  To be clear, this is a real D&D game it just happens to have smut.  Most of the players don't have much in the way of limits, though.

Isengrad

original artwork by karabiner

Green Goo Theory

Seconding the above question.  More people needed?  If so, is the OP still updated as far as what's currently requested? 
Coming soon...

Silas Wolf

Color me interested I'm a big D&D fan and have always wanted to be in a ravenloft setting.
Signature by Amaris
My Dice roller ID is 73705

Roman100

At the moment we are full up but I will contact people in order when they posted interest if any openings happen.

But if any of you guys find another game that's being run, let me know because that's what I -wanted- originally but no one would run. Or, rather, 4 people did.and then dropped during the first encounter.