RWBY inspired GG

Started by Sephiriel, January 01, 2014, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheresmycow

Quote from: TheLegionary on January 08, 2014, 07:22:08 AM
Guys,
I have to study more about RWBY! This conversation is highly technical!
What surprises me is that RWBY started less than one year ago!
LOL
For reaching mid season so far, with 16 episodes to its name, it's a rather involved series with all sorts of little details.  Aura is very similar to the more mystical take on Chi/Ki/Qi, and something like Dust is a lot more complex than magical gunpowder.  I'm quite looking forward to the rest of the first season, which I heard was starting up in February.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Thrasius

A little late to comment as well, but I hope everything went well TheHangedMan. I'd also like to say that the compliments are much appreciated.  :-)

Sephiriel

My dear Hanged ~ pets lovingly ~ do we need any other characters besides Hotaru's to get this show on the road?

TheHangedOne

Well, that depends. If Hotaru makes a student, that's eight students, which is two teams. We could definitely start with that.  Me and you should probably come up with a few other professors, though. I still need to work on the Headmaster's sheet, too.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Revelation

Should any other characters be from schwarz be up for it I'm happy to work out any relation or history between characters if interested, hit me up. Just saying!

TheLegionary

Hi everyone,
I was thinking about coming out with another student, but later to add some more spice to the plot. He would be a bully. However, I prefer that Hotaru comes out with her RWBY girl!!!

Hanged,
Welcome back!

Revelation

Well we do need a cardin to beat up get along with!

TheLegionary

Be careful with what you wish, Changingsaint. Last time I played someone like that, people got so pissed off with me that they wanted to really beat me up. LOL

Wheresmycow

Quote from: Changingsaint on January 09, 2014, 04:44:08 AM
Should any other characters be from schwarz be up for it I'm happy to work out any relation or history between characters if interested, hit me up. Just saying!
My character's based in Feur, otherwise I'd take you up on the offer.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheHangedOne

Hello, everybody! Just checking in, and letting everyone know that the game will be starting soon. Currently, just waiting for Hotaru's sheet, and for Jane to be around for me to do a bit of brainstorming and double-checking with.  I know it's been kind of quiet the past few days, so I figured I'd say something.

Edit: And I stopped being lazy, and got Headmaster Vainamoinen's sheet up. If anybody's curious about the prestigious leader of the Academy, go check him out.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

TheLegionary

Hanged,
I think we are all waiting for it. Just finished watching all the episodes.
I was going out but then I decided to finish the episodes first.
Wow! It is really great!
I knew Blake was a Faunus from start. Honestly, the duo Phyrra/Jaunice Arc seems by far the most interesting, complex couple.
Believe it or not, I was reading the credits in the last episode and I saw a friend of mine is one of the editors! What a small world!
See you!
TL

Revelation

Hey someone else actually liked Jaune. I have to admit as cliche as his story was he's been my favorite character along with Pyrhha so far.

And yeah, Blakes image song made it pretty obvious she was a fauna.

Just waiting for the game to get started! But I am patient.

Hotaru37

Hey everyone.  I should have my character sheet up in the next day or so.  Been catching up on some college work along with some other things but I should have it done soon.  Sorry for the delay.   :-)
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

TheLegionary

Quote from: Changingsaint on January 11, 2014, 11:02:54 PM
Hey someone else actually liked Jaune. I have to admit as cliche as his story was he's been my favorite character along with Pyrhha so far.

Cliches are a good way to simplify reality. Honestly, it is very difficult to come out with original characters and whoever claims to be creative to this point, probably does not know literature a lot. LOL Playing with cliches - and RWBY is full of them - is also fun. Nothing against them!

Jaune is interestingly clumsy, a prototype of a loser. I have a feeling about what is going on in the coming episodes: he will slowly change his condition with Pyrrha's help. The entire plot seems to be very girly, meaning to convey a good message. Wouldn't this be the case if Jaune turns out a hero? His fight with the Grimm is a glimpse of what is to come - of course, he had some help from Pyrrha, but he was capable of putting up a fight. And in the end, he offered a hand to Cardin.

Hotaru,

I am intrigued by your character! We need more girls here!

Guys,

I am also looking forward to starting this plot.

Wheresmycow

Part of what made Jaune a likable character for me was the brevity of that particular arc.  I know some people criticize RWBY for rushing through stories, but I actually felt that the quick pace helped things along.  We got to see Jaune with a low self-esteem, we got to see him get picked on.  We all get it, we know the cliche then BAM, a good resolution.  The series didn't linger on it for a long while, which helped me keep on liking Jaune rather than getting tired of seeing Jaune as a loser.  Similarly, the conflict between Ruby and Weiss, and Blake and Weiss had a satisfying punch but moved on rather than dragging things out.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Sephiriel

If you guys also check out the RWBY wiki and read the producers/ writer's blog you'll also see 'confessions' about their muse leaving them in the mud from time to time. I love how they always ask the fans their opinion on characters and story and how much they communicate with them.

In any case, thank you guys so much for your patience. My last days were drowned in orderly chaos and it's partly my fault that the game hasn't started yet. In a couple of days we'll be set to go.

Wheresmycow

Oh neat, I think I'll have to check those out.  I didn't know about that before, thanks Jane.

And I look forward to the next couple of days.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

TheLegionary

It looks refreshingly cold, specially for me! Today temperature reached 33 degrees again!

TheHangedOne

Quote from: TheLegionary on January 14, 2014, 07:39:11 PM
It looks refreshingly cold, specially for me! Today temperature reached 33 degrees again!
Celsius, or Fahrenheit?
Check out my poet tree!

TheLegionary

Celsius! I was melting down!

TheHangedOne

Oh man, that sounds too hot. It' was in the 60's (Fahrenheit) today, and rainy, so I was feeling pretty comfortable.
Check out my poet tree!

Delta 8O8

Hey.
I was wondering if you had room for one more.
If not as a student, then I can settle for some highly skilled Mercenary or something...

Anyways, I love the RWBY series. Been following Monty Oum since Dead Fantasy, and Rooster Teeth since, of course, Red vs Blue.
"O'er Azure Skies and Emerald Plains
"Be without fear in the face of your enemies
Stay Low, Go Fast
Where Freedom and Justice Prevail!
Be brave and upright, that God may love thee.
Kill First, Die Last
With Courage and Strength
Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death.
One Shot, One Kill
We will fight to the end
Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong."
No Luck, All Skill
For Liberty in our Land!"
This is my Oath

TheHangedOne

Quote from: RebelJap8O8 on January 15, 2014, 01:53:50 PM
Hey.
I was wondering if you had room for one more.
If not as a student, then I can settle for some highly skilled Mercenary or something...

Anyways, I love the RWBY series. Been following Monty Oum since Dead Fantasy, and Rooster Teeth since, of course, Red vs Blue.
Well, we currently have seven students.  With groups of 4, that means one more makes an even eight; two full groups.  Hotaru did mention making a character, but she has been quiet since then; for good reasons, I imagine.

Taking that into account, I'll still say it's fair for you to do what you want. You could be an eighth student,  which is really needed, or, if you prefer, you could be one of the following:
A) A trained Hunter assigned to the Schwarz post (those Hunters will be plot centric, so it's easy to work a PC one of those into the story)
B) A teacher at the academy (we're short on staff, at the moment, so this would actually be my preference for you or Hotaru)
C) A native or non-native that has taken an interest in the Mist phenomena. They may or may not be trained as Hunters, but should have combat experience of some sort, to keep them viable.
D) Make a suggestion!  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Hotaru37

lol  Yes, I did promise to make a character and I should be done with it tomorrow.  Between college work and my job I have been going loco.  lol   :-)
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole