(Interest Check) Monsterhearts

Started by writersmelody, March 23, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on March 25, 2013, 02:34:27 PM
Author has them on their site here.

Same site has an 'Under the Skin' page for the additional skins except for the Angel.

Thanks for the links. I already had the corebook, so I did not go to the site.

One thing I was always kind of curious about was how aware characters would be of their sex move. Did anyone know?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 25, 2013, 06:55:36 PMOne thing I was always kind of curious about was how aware characters would be of their sex move. Did anyone know?

It doesn't seem to be explicitly spelled out anywhere (lots of things don't...looks like wiggle room for the gaming group). I think that...If your character knows what they are, and they're NOT a virgin, then it seems sensible that they're pretty aware of any obvious effects of it.

...And if they don't know what they are, then they clearly don't.

There are a lot of these sorts of holes that might be profitably filled in one way by one gaming group and another by another: are monsters secret or does the world know they exist and hunt them? or not hunt them if they behave within limits (a la Anita Blake)? if monsters are secret, do all monsters know about other monsters...or is a vampire not going to know much more about werewolves than horror novels say about them?

I've been listening to the podcasts of Monsterhearts games at The Walking Eye. Much hilarity. (They also raise some interesting questions)

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

writersmelody

And on that note, TOPICS ARE POSTED! There is an OOC, a Game Info thread, and a Character Creation thread. I will be talking with you all more about Sex Moves and am happy to answer any questions you may have in the OOC thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169317.0 - the OOC, for general chatter and questions
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169319.0 - the Game Info thread, contains important information about  character creation
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169322.0 - the character creation thread, to be used when we've talked about your concept :)
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

Cold Heritage

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on March 25, 2013, 07:36:12 PM
I've been listening to the podcasts of Monsterhearts games at The Walking Eye. Much hilarity. (They also raise some interesting questions)

:( That got pretty dark in session 2.

writersmelody

Be warned, it could happen in this game. Especially if you play the Infernal.
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

Cold Heritage

It's just an opportunity to go and do interesting things to Pastor Tom.