I really don't know what to say to this...but I think Farnsworth sums it up nice

Started by Wolfy, September 22, 2011, 12:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violence

There's a chance that I'm entirely wrong on this account...  But, as I understand the Nobel Prize isn't handed out in the same way as the Emmys or something.  It's not decided based on "who deserves it more" or "who's past actions are deserving of recognition" but on "who will make best use of this money".  That's why they don't give the prize posthumously.

So when they gave the prize to Al Gore or the organization of which he was part, they didn't do so as a snub to her.  They did so because there was still work to be done in his field.  Meanwhile, there probably wasn't a whole lot of smuggling still required to get children out of Nazi Germany in 2005.

While it is tragic that she wasn't honored for what she'd done, that's not really what the Nobel Prize is about.  Like I said, at least as I understand the prize.
"Inciting Violence" (O/O) | "Random Acts of Violence" (Requests/Ideas) | Language of Violence (A Story I'm Working On)

And it all breaks down at the role reversal . Got the muse in my head she's universal . Spinnin' me round she's coming over me.
Domestic Violence (My OC's) | The Art of Violence (Stuff I Draw'd) | The Absense of Violence (A/A)

Cravings::  ANYTHING with Ballerinas! | Playing a cheating wife/girlfriend scenario. | Something that lets me play Jaime Lannister.