Crown Wars (3.P DnD, Forgotten Realms) (recruitment open)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 29, 2013, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 01, 2013, 08:34:29 PM
By the way, I don't think you ever gave a yes or no to the idea of my joining you as an underling again. ^^; Kimera's actually going to be playing in this game as my Eidolon, and he's apparently fine with participating in M/M content, so getting an answer will be important in determining whether he'll be a noble extraplanar steed summoned to carry my character forth into battle, or some centaur-like demon called up to serve in more erotic capacities.

Ooh im loving it already, and a centaur like demon thing would be both hot, thematic, and intimidating@

Now is Kimera playing a character AND your Eidolon or just your Eidolon.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 01, 2013, 09:43:10 PM
Are you permitting flaws?

Say yes Zaer, Say yes. You have to say yes! Do it Zaer Look into my eyes and say YES. PLease!

TheGlyphstone

And while you're answering questions...could I take the Drow Fighter Substitution from Drow of the Underdark (+2 Init and +Dex to damage vs. flat-footed targets, lose Heavy Armor and Tower Shield proficiencies)? I'm going to start as Fighter 2/Swordsage 1, because you took away Weapon Familiarity with bows and Swordsages don't get martial proficiency with ranged weapons.

EDIT: And back to the falling Star discipline, the Eagle Eye stance keys off your ranks in Spot. I assume this is changed to Perception, and the Rank requirement is reduced by 3 to account for PF's lower max skill ranks?

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 01, 2013, 09:45:22 PM
Ooh im loving it already, and a centaur like demon thing would be both hot, thematic, and intimidating@

Now is Kimera playing a character AND your Eidolon or just your Eidolon.

I think he'll just be my Eidolon.  He wanted to play a demon of some sort, from what I understand, but it looks like NicciKotor gets the only Outsider slot in the game, so Zaer suggested playing my Eidolon as a compromise.  They checked with me to see if I'd be okay with it, and I am, so now he gets to be a demonic centaur-thing. ^^

Hmm, I wonder if he'd get to count as a strategic asset if I used Greater Evolution Surge to grow him from Large-sized to Huge...?

theLeslie

Yay, updated personality, appearance, and character traits/flaws.  Now I just need to know who my fellow Ilythiiri are, so I can start causing trouble.  I'm thinking this is going to be a very fun game for as long as I manage to survive.  I wonder how long she will remain free, how many children she'll have forced upon her, and if maybe...  just maybe.. she will somehow come out on top.

RubySlippers

I have plans and might come out stopping Dark Elf expansion as her chess pieces are moved into place.  ;D

Will finish her up tomorrow.

NicciKotor

Who's character is from a hentai called Kuroinu, by the way. She gets gang raped by a bunch of ogres and doesn't do much else.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 01, 2013, 11:37:54 PM
Who's character is from a hentai called Kuroinu, by the way. She gets gang raped by a bunch of ogres and doesn't do much else.

According this site she is called Cloe.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 01, 2013, 09:43:10 PM
Are you permitting flaws?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 01, 2013, 09:46:24 PM
Say yes Zaer, Say yes. You have to say yes! Do it Zaer Look into my eyes and say YES. PLease!

*struggles with gaze attack, but manages pull through*

NO! No flaws!

But seriously though reason why no for them is to balance the players into equal play field much as possible. There is huge gap already between commoners and nobles.

Quote from: Re Z L on April 01, 2013, 09:19:20 PM
And now to consolidate the stuff I have put together for my character so far...

Tel'rasir Hune, the Mad Alchemist of Nova Attornash

Appearance
Just pretend he has four arms!

Character Sheet (Nearly Finalized)

To do list:

• Stronghold
  • Followers

Ok, although I would argue bit about the pic choice :P. Looks more drow than 'dark elf'. You could go ask CandyLips to recolor his skin to more dark bronze in color.

Quote from: theLeslie on April 01, 2013, 08:40:16 PM
Appearance

After much thought, I decided to just take the easy way out, and I made a commoner.  I look forward to her getting her butt kicked and being taken advantage of!  While the picture is quite naked, the character will only be wearing slightly more.  What good is clothing when you only want to run around naked?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=544879

Heh, masochistic hedonist scoundrel :P. Would make fine war spoil catch, and fun for years to break in to be obedient to would be conquerors.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 02, 2013, 12:42:55 AM
According this site she is called Cloe.

*struggles with gaze attack, but manages pull through*

NO! No flaws!

But seriously though reason why no for them is to balance the players into equal play field much as possible. There is huge gap already between commoners and nobles.

Seems like it would help commoners even more than Nobles. Nobles have enough feats to flesh out a build a bit already. Commoners have 2. So if that is actually why you don't want them it seems like its more a reason to allow them.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Anon315

I plan to take all the women, regardless of level. They will all be mine! Mwahahaha. I'll need to start crafting some poisons.

Also, there's no need for flaws. Seriously. *says the Commoner* Unless you want to take weak willed so I can dominate you easier. ;)

NicciKotor

Quote from: Anon315 on April 02, 2013, 01:09:26 AM
I plan to take all the women, regardless of level. They will all be mine! Mwahahaha. I'll need to start crafting some poisons.

Also, there's no need for flaws. Seriously. *says the Commoner* Unless you want to take weak willed so I can dominate you easier. ;)

Pretty sure I am immune to toxins.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on April 02, 2013, 01:06:11 AM
Getting Elora started:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=544962

Muse, nobles are 12th level. Not 13th level :P. But I approve the homebrew trait (makes sense for Eilistrae worshipper).

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on April 02, 2013, 01:03:59 AM
Seems like it would help commoners even more than Nobles. Nobles have enough feats to flesh out a build a bit already. Commoners have 2. So if that is actually why you don't want them it seems like its more a reason to allow them.

True, but it would give 2 feats to nobles also and so it is 1-1=0 solution and back in square one. Overall I like keep things balanced so others who do not take flaws are then not overcome by those who took them (as some flaws are not really flaws at all depending which ones you pick or flaw weakness is overcome by sheer levels/items).

Quote from: NicciKotor on April 02, 2013, 01:16:22 AM
Pretty sure I am immune to toxins.

There are drinking/alcohol rules in pathfinder and they say outsiders are not immune to alcohols :P.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 02, 2013, 01:25:46 AM

True, but it would give 2 feats to nobles also and so it is 1-1=0 solution and back in square one. Overall I like keep things balanced so others who do not take flaws are then not overcome by those who took them (as some flaws are not really flaws at all depending which ones you pick or flaw weakness is overcome by sheer levels/items).

SO this is your way of saying you expect some players to be retarded enough to shoot themselves in the foot by taking a flaw that mars their main ability, then complain about it? If you don't want to balance flaws then just throw extra feats at everyone, we can all use them.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 02, 2013, 01:25:46 AM

To be honest, given your reasoning, it sounds to me like the best solution is just to give commoners access to flaws, while not letting nobles have access. ^^; That should balance things out nicely, and give commoner players a little more room to vary their builds and really feel like they're customizing their characters.

Also, since you're on now and answering questions, I've got a question of my own.  Would it be possible for me to trade in a number of my racial abilities for some sort of constant translation effect, similar to the innate Tongues ability that so many outsiders get?  Mechanically, I want it so that I don't have to spend languages to communicate with any of the creatures I end up summoning, but from a storytelling perspective, I think it would really open up some good roleplaying options...

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 02, 2013, 01:32:48 AM

Also, since you're on now and answering questions, I've got a question of my own.  Would it be possible for me to trade in a number of my racial abilities for some sort of constant translation effect, similar to the innate Tongues ability that so many outsiders get?  Mechanically, I want it so that I don't have to spend languages to communicate with any of the creatures I end up summoning, but from a storytelling perspective, I think it would really open up some good roleplaying options...

Im not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if items can cover that fairly cheaply. Not that something like trading elven magic and elven immunities for it wouldnt be reasonable.

Kunoichi

I was thinking Demonic Resistance and/or Demonic Trait, myself.  Basically, I would be flavoring it so that instead of those bits of demonic heritage, my character would be getting the translation ability from her demonic ancestor, who would probably have been a Succubus...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on April 02, 2013, 01:32:48 AM
To be honest, given your reasoning, it sounds to me like the best solution is just to give commoners access to flaws, while not letting nobles have access. ^^; That should balance things out nicely, and give commoner players a little more room to vary their builds and really feel like they're customizing their characters.

True that easiest solution would be give commoners access to flaws but then it would be unequal to nobles who do not get them (as commoners do have potential out pace them and enter 13th level before Nobles get there and they keep the fast XP track all way to 20th level).

Simply put; I do not want add flaws because I do not want like add them to this game. As I think pathfinder gives already generous amount of customization (in traditional 3.5 game I would allow flaws but not in pathfinder or this hybrid game).

Anyways what comes to Tongues; Linquistic is meant to cover any language needs and most summoners should have several ranks in it anyway (even if it's not class skill). I would allow a variant which gives you something like 'Succubus Tongue' which gives +2 bonus to bluff and diplomacy and double languages learned per rank in linquistic skill (like Aasimar's true speaker racial trait but without zone of truth as it replaces only one trait than two). In this case demonic resistance would be traded off (lack of resistance but more oomph for social stuff).

NicciKotor

Who and I have been fooling around with our characters behind Zaer's back. Mostly so the rest of you get to see what you are missing when dealing with my Ghaele character.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169998.msg7987542#new

Kolbrandr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 02, 2013, 02:27:44 AM
True that easiest solution would be give commoners access to flaws but then it would be unequal to nobles who do not get them (as commoners do have potential out pace them and enter 13th level before Nobles get there and they keep the fast XP track all way to 20th level).

Simply put; I do not want add flaws because I do not want like add them to this game. As I think pathfinder gives already generous amount of customization (in traditional 3.5 game I would allow flaws but not in pathfinder or this hybrid game).

Anyways what comes to Tongues; Linquistic is meant to cover any language needs and most summoners should have several ranks in it anyway (even if it's not class skill). I would allow a variant which gives you something like 'Succubus Tongue' which gives +2 bonus to bluff and diplomacy and double languages learned per rank in linquistic skill (like Aasimar's true speaker racial trait but without zone of truth as it replaces only one trait than two). In this case demonic resistance would be traded off (lack of resistance but more oomph for social stuff).

If people are jonesing for a couple more feats (and admittedly I wouldn't mind a couple more myself) to the point of flaws being pushed for, I would say one of the house rules I've encountered in a few pathfinder games and found works out pretty okay is to up the general feat progression for everyone to a feat per level, instead of 1 every 2. This is after all the sort of game that encourages branching out from just taking immediately effective to class feats and looking into the skill boosting ones, leadership ones from heroes of battle, etc.

Anyway, you dodge in that way the issue of who takes flaws or doesn't and if worthless flaws are taken, or who ends up with both extra feats and a fast level progression because they took flaws and someone else didn't and etc, and give a bit more room in feat spreads regardless. And yes that's a bunch more feats that ensues, but in the great grand scheme of things it doesn't really up character effectiveness by more than a CR or two tops, at least in my experience. Particularly here, where people can be encouraged to go broad with them, instead of deep, if that makes sense. You largely end up feeling somewhat more capable. There's a trust each other not to exploit that aspect of things, but that's true of anything you can do in default Pathfinder anywho, to a point anyway.

Kolbrandr

also..

Quote from: Muse on April 02, 2013, 01:06:11 AM
Getting Elora started:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=544962

hooray, someone made a good aligned person from that nation, I was starting to worry about the whole "undeserved reputation for evil" thing..

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, ok. I go with Kolbrandr's suggestion; Every level gives a feat.

Muse

oops, sorry.  I could have sworn you said thirteen.  I'll start on the rebuild.  :)

And NICE. 

Zaer, can you coppy us the information on the Landlord feat?  How much would be wise to budget towards it? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

I didn't think commoners could get 10 levels before nobles could get 1.  I'll have to look into feats so I don't waste my purchases.  I am playing a warmage and have spell focus and toughness so far.  Greater spell focus makes sense, but not sure what else to get.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Quote from: kckolbe on April 02, 2013, 07:53:36 AM
I didn't think commoners could get 10 levels before nobles could get 1.  I'll have to look into feats so I don't waste my purchases.  I am playing a warmage and have spell focus and toughness so far.  Greater spell focus makes sense, but not sure what else to get.

That is utterly unfair you know.  Why not medium growth for all characters commoners will still gain faster and nobles will have to work longer just being higher level already and they have more to deal with as leaders over commoners who can tell us to fraak off. At least dealing with good elf leaders. And the commoners under my character will not have many demands on them.