Interest check: Changeling, The Dreaming (oWoD or freeform)

Started by Annie, April 25, 2012, 12:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

Marie Reynolds

Well your quite welcome Annie and I was thinking about a small suburb maybe in Connecticut or Rhode island where their is an equal presence of Seelie and Unseelie fae they will each have  their own freehold however their will be a neutral ground freehold run by a motley that has been in this suburb that is a mixed motley of both Seelie and Unseelie as they came together for mutual protection and business of maintaining the area until maybe a year or two go other Motleys of both groups started showing up and the game will focus on the struggles to keep things calm between all the new residence and eventually deal with other issues that will reveal themselves through the progression of the plot please deal free to make any suggestions and please excuse the format I'm typing from my phone

SeriousMoonlight

I'm glad people will get an opportunity to choose between Seelie and Unseelie fae. That sounds great so far.
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Elias

SeriousMoonlight

Hey Marie and any other players, I have a minor suggestion for the chronicle. I'm going to be playing a Seelie Sluagh and she inherited a large manor from her deceased uncle - as in, 6+ bedrooms large. Perhaps this could be a base of sorts for the motley that they all live in together, like the neutral ground freehold you were talking about?
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

The neutral ground will be provided for by NPCS though your more then welcome to use it for the Seelie freehold if you wish

Annie

Still haven't decided which kith to choose. ;P

But I can tell she'll be a Seelie. ;)

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Marie Reynolds

Cool so what is you changelings job personality and or what myths might you be drawing

Annie

Really don't know right now. Gotta think about that. :)

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Kolbrandr

Are the holds noble run? I'd like to play a sidhe is what it is, so I'd like some of that pomp and circumstance and all.

Are we otherwise trucking in the War in Concordia whole metaplot thing? Reign of High King David instead?

*so.. yeah, giant changeling nerd*

And.. starting characters? Other?

SeriousMoonlight

Name: Orianna Toussaint
Fae Name: Maerwynn (Wynne)
Kith: Sluagh
House: Unaffiliated
Concept: Ghostly musician
Mortal Age: 22
Mortal Seeming: Orianna is of average height, standing around 5'5", although her choice of footwear often makes her appear slightly taller, and very slim for her height. Her lidded eyes and gaunt face make her look like she is constantly daydreaming even though she rarely misses anything going on around her. Her pitch black hair is very long, reaching well past her shoulder blades, and it always appears to look slightly tousled no matter what she does with it. She enjoys wearing smudged black eyeliner and takes care to dress herself well, although she doesn't exactly keep up with current fashion trends. Overall she looks quite surreal and almost inhuman and often finds herself gaining attention that she generally does not wish to get. Her facial expressions tend to be quite blank, and generally speaking she smiles most when she's nervous. The most distinct thing about Orianna are her eyes - they are a startling shade of violet.
Fae Mien: Orianna's sluagh nature shows through to an even larger degree, and she looks more like a ghost than a fae. She looks haunted and otherworldly, a trait that some people find quite attractive. All of her facial expressions appear calm and serene, her rare smiles gentle and sagelike. Her already long hair becomes even longer and seems to shimmer like polished obsidian. She generally wrangles it into a messy bun, but wisps of hair escape often and she's usually too busy poring over a book to notice. Her violet eyes darken and seem to almost glow when she hears something that interests her. She quite enjoys Victorian-era fashion and often dresses to the nines in black dresses and veils similar to Victorian mourning clothing, corsets and all. In her mortal seeming, Orianna seems a tad 'off' - in her fae mien, she looks like she stepped out of another era entirely. Her voice has, of course, lowered to nothing more than a whisper, as is the Frailty of her kith.
Personality: Although Orianna generally looks quite morose and like the kind of individual who spends far too much time writing bad poetry, she generally doesn't play into the melodrama that her kith is known for. She does, however, have the same level of almost uncomfortable politeness common in most sluaghs, and she expects the same from everyone else. Tardiness and rude manners irk her to no end, and if you're late for an appointment with her you can be quite sure you'll have an angry changeling to deal with. She doesn't tend to speak much, preferring instead to listen and occasionally bring new information to the table if she feels she has anything valuable to offer. Orianna prides herself on being able to get information and she has many contacts, although she is still spreading her network. Bartering information brings her true joy, and nothing excites her more than learning a juicy tidbit of information. Of course, it's always hard to tell if she's excited or not, as she tends to keep her emotions very much in check. However, she opens up around people she considers friends. She actually has a tendency to be less polite to people she is fond of, and often makes cutting sarcastic remarks as a strange manner of expressing her friendship. She often seems aloof, as most sluaghs do, but she truly loves and cares about the very few people she trusts. If you've befriended Orianna, you have a friend for life. If you betray her or cause harm to someone she cares about, she will do everything in her power to make life hell. The one time Orianna is able to truly lose herself is when she's performing and playing her cello. Her whole demeanor shifts, and her body language and facial expressions become vivid and intense. When the performance ends, she's back to normal.
History: Orianna Calliste Toussaint was born to two doting French parents living in New England. They tried to make sure their darling daughter had everything, although she was much more interested in the antique toys and spiderwebs in the attic than anything shiny and new. From a young age it was clear she didn't feel comfortable around other children, and eventually she wound up being homeschooled. During that time, she started taking cello lessons and soon discovered her passion in life. By age sixteen she was performing as much as she could while still focusing on her studies, and by the time she hit age 22 she'd released two albums and become relatively famous in the world of classical music. When she went through and emerged from her Chrysalis, instead of being afraid she embraced her newfound self and became immersed in her new identity. Recently her uncle passed away and left her a rather large home - a beautiful, if slightly run down, manor where she currently lives.
Other: Orianna enjoys the company of her wraith friends a lot, sometimes more than other changelings or mortals. They assist her in gathering information in a way no living entity ever could. If someone has irritated her, she'll often take the opportunity to unnerve them by talking to any wraiths that happen to be hanging around nearby. The only pet she has is a white Angora rabbit named Alastair who looks more like a particularly large cottonball than any sort of animal.

Character sheet is located here. Please tell me if there's anything you need me to change and I'll get right on it!
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

Well the noble houses being in charge can happen ic cause the Seelie and Unseelie freeholds will be being built and edtablished

HairyHeretic

If there's room for me, Seelie Troll. I'm about to scoot for work, so will check back in in 12 hours time or so.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Marie Reynolds

@ Hairy Heretic: Of Course.

@ Kolbrandr: It will be just very shortly after the disappearance of High King David at the moment though that may change depending on  further brainstorming.

JohnTheGreat

Hooray for having a GM, now I just need to learn the difference between old and new changeling -.-

Kolbrandr

I actually wasn't a great big fan of that supplement anywho if you wanted to ignore it and have the overall national political situation still be stable.

As far as the holds, right, they're respectively unseelie and seelie controlled, what I mean is, the titular ruling head of each, member of the various houses? All the holds in general ultimately report up to the Concordian Duke of the area, who, given the map, answers to Queen Mab of the Kingdom of Apples, who answers to whoever is in theory the King or Queen of Concordia? (or no one at all, if David's just vanished) Just wanting to sort out the local feudal chain of people.

Annd, sorry, missed if you replied, build characters as starting and such?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: JohnTheGreat on May 06, 2012, 08:22:57 AM
Hooray for having a GM, now I just need to learn the difference between old and new changeling -.-

A lot.

They have a VERY different feel to them.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Marie Reynolds

@kol their will be stability for the beginning the Dukes have kept David's disappearance quiet part of the game will also be garnering favor with nearby duke as Changeling presence has been very low until know
@ John I play both wood and neodymium so I can help with the transition

Kolbrandr

I think I might be asking this too vaguely, erm.

Who runs each hold in the area in what you're envisioning, is what I'm asking. Are they commoner run? Noble run? Is there a local court to speak of?

Marie Reynolds

I said it the town is not under a Duke  that will have to be worked on and any semblance of leadership will have to be established by the pcs

Kolbrandr

Okay, what I mean is if the holds in the village, if any of them have a local baron or some sort of thing, court of functionaries, etc.

I was looking for the whole feudal society aspect of Changeling as an element of this, and that doesn't really seem to be the bag of three loosely held freeholds then or what you're leaning towards as something in play.

Probably better I withdraw from this, thanks anyway though and I wish you guys luck with the game.

AndyZ

One stupid question: child PCs aren't allowed on Elliquiy, right?  I forget what the name of the characters are who are children (not Wilder or Grumps) but would they be disallowed also?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

SeriousMoonlight

I don't think they'd be allowed - I think the oldest a Childling can be is thirteen or twelve?
Hello, I'm Moon!

Marie Reynolds

I'll double check on the age of childlings
Kol what I have been trying to tell you is aside from the neutral motley their is a very low Changeling presence be they Barons dukes or whatever the motleirs that show or form upon arrival will be forming the politcal structure