Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madame Professor

The Professor looks to Luna curiously. "I actually think Yugi makes a good point. I'm curious why you think it would be a waste for the Priest to use their potion so early in the game. Not only would it give the village the knowledge of one innocent, the Priest, but it would also show the allegiance of who is up on the block. Knowing one and maybe two villagers from the start only helps the Village."

Looking to her fellow citizens, she voices her option once more, "Before the night falls, I urge you to see the logic here. Assuming James was not our Priest, we could prove the innocence of maybe two of us, with one vote. 80% chances are odds I'm willing to take. There is still time to get information."
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

Please remember, there are no copy machines in the village!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

BAMF

BAMF woke with a start, ink smeared on one side of their face. Looking out the window, they saw the gathering of people and cursed before throwing on their cloak again and stumbling outside. As they made their way to the group, they heard folks voting against the lynching. Glancing around at the town, they nod. "No lynching sounds nice, but it also sounds like two more dead. I don't see a better option right now."

BAMF votes against the lynch.

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

LunaLilith22

Luna turned to the professor "Unveiling who two of the humans are when two can be taken out at night isn't helpful, also I have no special skills or crafts to offer this village so I would rather have the power saved so that it might be used to prove someone guilty or save someone important from the mob that we are turning into. I question why you would want to see it get used so early on, especially as it would become more useful later on when we will have, god willing, lowered the number of the foul beasts to the point that they can only take one in the night."

Madame Professor

"The thing to remember is the Werewolves and Vampires need to get rid of each other in order to win. Why go after two people you know aren't the competition?" She looks to Luna, "Even more to the point, assuming the bodyguard is still with us (another 80% chance), they could ensure they are protecting an innocent villager with their action, rather than a minion of evil. It would also reduce the number of people the Seer would have to scry on, again assuming they are still with us, in order to find the baddies. Two people are going to die at night, whither we act or not. I am simply voting to act."
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

desert ashes

Moirae glanced between them all, quietly debating not only those around her but the arguments they made -- most especially the ones in her head.

"I would prefer to abstain from lynching this time, but ... on what grounds beyond potentially saving a life that may be gone tomorrow?  Another villager is sure to die tonight.  That soul we will definitely have on our hands as by abstaining we do nothing.  If, by chance, we are correct and get ourselves a werewolf now, at least that's one down.  On this I'll go with the majority and say LunaLilith."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

LunaLilith22

Luna nodded at Madame Professor's words "You make some good points and obviously know more about these matters than I, I withdraw my refusal to let the priest use the vial on me, though I will not ask that they do so. I leave it up to their discretion, though keep in mind that I am only useful as a fellow voter and hold no ability beyond the norm to expose those that seek to harm us. Try to make your decisions for the good of the town as a whole."

Galactic Druid

Current Votes:

No-Lynch Thursday - 11

LunaLilith - 5

AffablyEvil - 1

Blythe - 1

Yet to vote: Perse

Last Chance to Change your Vote! As soon as that last one is in, the nigh phase begins!

persephone325

"I see all the valid points everyone is making. But I can't bring myself to vote for someone who might be a villager and, therefore, risk losing three innocent people. So, I vote for no lynching."
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

last chance to change votes! Voting closes at noon!

Verasaille

Lady Vera huffs in annoyance as everyone seems to be wanting more proof. "Well, far be it for me to appear bloodthirsty. But I am certain that even if no lynching occurs, someone will die tonight."

(changing vote to no lynching in case that was unclear.)
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

By the evening, the urial shock of losing two of their own had worn off, and the village was thinking more clearly. They had to way to be sure whatever happened the night before had been because of one of their own, and the last thing they would want to do was kill an innocent. In the end, they decided that it was perhaps best if they had no lynching at all, returning to their homes in the hopes that, if there were forces of darkness lurking among them, they would be just as forgiving.

Night Phase Two Begins!

Posting and sharing information in this thread is prohibited until the following day, which will begin after a few PMs with night role players.

Galactic Druid

Many of the villagers slept soundly, felling they made the right choice. When morning came, however, they weren't so sure. LunaLillith22 was nowhere to be found. After a search, she was located, still in her bed, a ghostly pale. There was nothing unusual about her home or possessions, suggesting another villager was gone. While she was at least the only kill from the previous night, it was still enough to once again rule the village. There was, without question, something sinister lurking in the village. Would they be as forgiving as they were the previous night?

Day Three Begins!

This is the last time players will have the option to vote for no lynching. Gameplay is the same as day 2.

Players

• Remiel
    • Blythe
    • James M
    • Silver
    • Moirae
    • persephone325
    • SunshineSparkle
    • yugi006
    • Leorobin
    • BAMF
    • Verasaille
    • LunaLilith22
    • Madame Professor
    • KatKwik
    • Strangefate
    • Queenie
    • Rafiki23
    • Lady Lunarius
    • EmyKat
    • AffablyEvil
    • Ceralilly

Potential roles remaining.

• 2-3 Werewolf players
    • 2 Vampires
    • The Seer
    • The Bodyguard
    • The Priest
    • The Shaman
    • The Diseased Villager
    • The Lycan
    • 8-9 Villagers
    [/center][/list]

Galactic Druid

Aaaauuuughh I give up on getting this code right.

Ceralilly

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 16, 2015, 01:05:56 PM
    Aaaauuuughh I give up on getting this code right.

PM me the code and I can look at it too honey. :-)
    I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Strangefate

Strangefate awoke early that morning, once again hearing the cries of his fellow villagers.  Another had been murdered in the night although fortunately only one this time.  It was the same woman they had nearly hung and he was not sure what to make of this as he made his way to the village square.  Nonetheless his voice rose over the gathering, “Clearly the monsters mock us.  We spare a life only to have them take it in the night.  Nevertheless, I cannot overlook the fact that on the advice of some we might have hung an innocent person yesterday.  With this in mind I suggest we consider lynching Madame Professor today since it was her idea.  She may even be one of the monsters for obviously they would rather target one of us than their own and whittle us down ever faster, and they no doubt have the advantage in already knowing each other’s names.   I am by no means convinced she is a killer, and may change my vote, but I would hear her defend herself at least.”
    A/A/Misc
    On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Madame Professor

The Professor took in the sight at Luna's house, her face full of grief. She knew how this looked. With so few in town that knew her, she knew what was going to happen next. She says a small prayer for the innocent woman and heads into town, hoping they will listen to reason this time around. Walking into the square, Strangefate's words touch her ears and she is hardly surprised. With the turn of events as they were, she couldn't blame him. Stepping forward, there is no mistaking the sadness on her face. "Luna's fate was a tragedy. One I had hoped to avoid..."

The Professor pulled back her cloak, revealing the collar of the cloth underneath, "I had feared, with her zealous speech the previous night, she would be an easy fall back for the villain's to hide under and I had hoped to not prove her own innocence, but my own. As I had tried to explain yesterday, The more information we get early on the better. Strangefate is right about the villains having the advantage. I did not want to give myself away so early, as to provide the Seer, should they still be with us, some cover.

"Luna's death tells me that my vagueness convinced the Vampire's I was indeed the Seer and saw Luna as a Werewolf. I say Vampires, because it would make no sense for the Wolves to attack a Vampire at night, since they have night immunity. Assuming that is true, it means the Werewolves didn't get a kill in last night. Either James gave them a bad case of food poisoning or whoever was attacked was protected."

She paused, letting that all sink in, hoping the village would see her logic. "Lynching me, however, will get us nowhere. Since the villains have forced my hand, I'll be using my holy water this evening and as such, I'd like to nominate Blythe. My reasoning: I'd like to be sure our Sheriff has our best intentions in hand when it comes down to a tie."

Blythe

Blythe says, "You contacted me with suspicions in case you perished during the night phase making it clear that if you died that one of those I should suspect is Luna. You nominated LunaLilith for lynching, but it ended up not happening. The following night, Luna perishes. I did suspect you were the Seer because you seemed so sure, and you told me that you had a reason for nominating Luna that you were afraid to disclose. What else was I supposed to believe? Your cover worked, but you deceived me...and voted LunaLilith, who was most likely innocent (barring a possible role as the Wolf Man), up in the previous round. I think I'm being set up here. Too much isn't adding up here, and as such, I have to cast my vote for Madame Professor. If someone has stronger evidence for someone guilty, I will consider changing my vote, but right now, too much isn't adding up here."

Madame Professor

The Professor shakes her head, "For the record, I don't believe you are guilty of anything, Blythe. I am merely trying to get the most valuable information I can, especially with the death of Luna. I did suspect her after everything, and I did not expect to survive the night, since I was covering for the Seer. As I explained to you, though, if I were villain, Luna would have been the last person I'd go after. After how I urged for a lynch, it would draw far too much attention to myself. As you can see. And can you really blame me for being suspecting her, if I were to die? I voted for her. If the situation was reversed, everyone would be pointing fingers are Luna right now.

"I said I had a reason for nominating Luna, and I just gave it publicly. And I have stated me reason for nominating you. I believe you are village, as I haven't seen an evidence otherwise. I am merely trying to show that to the rest of the village. If you are truly a villager, the holy water will show that and the Bodyguard, assuming they are still with us, can protect our Sheriff. Voting to lynch me only helps the villains, because I'll simply use the holy water on myself. I would much rather prove two people innocent than one, especially if that person has the final say in a tie."

The Professor looks to Blythe hopefully, "It's obvious I'm not the Seer, given that Luna was a villager. Why else would I push for a lynch when everyone was willing to ride out the night? If I were a villain, voting not to lynch would have been the safest course of action. I am truly the Priest. I truly believe you are innocent and I would like the chance to prove it to the village so we can be confident that our Sheriff has our best interests at heart. Surely you can understand that? My nomination is not done with any malice at all. And nor was it when I nominated Luna."

Ceralilly

Ceralilith steps out of her home after much deliberation, and finally states what has been bugging her.

"Yugi was very intent on bringing Luna down. I think it is pretty obvious there is some correlation:

Therefore I vote to lynch Yugi. If he is innocent let the evidence prove it so."

She stepped back and thrust her neck forward defensively.

Edit* Sorry I am a mite loopy LOL
    I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

yugi006

"I wasn't the one who got the ball rolling. All I want for was a lynch so information could be gained. It didn't exactly have to be Luna but she was the one most likely to be lynched so I voted for her. Looking at what happened by not lynching one. No information was gained from it."

"How will the bodyguard be found out if we vote to lynch Blythe? Even if you save him now with your holy water there is no guarantee that the vampires and werewolves will kill Blythe at night. The person that needs to prove their innocence at the moment is the person who convinced others that Luna should be lynched."

Madame Professor

"The Bodyguard doesn't have to show themselves, but Blythe being the tie breaker in votes, is someone very worthy of protecting if he is truly with the Village. If I can use my holy water on him, I can prove my own innocence as well as his own." The Professor took a deep breath. "It's tactics. If I have to use it on myself, it's a waste as far as I am concerned. I would rather use it on someone else and gain more information for the village."

Looking to Yugi, she said, "And given that there wasn't a lynching... I wouldn't say I was all that persuasive. Tried to convince, yes. But again, it would make no sense for me, if I was a bad guy, to kill Luna at night, after pushing for a lynch. It draws far too much attention to me, as it already has. I'm hoping I can be more persuasive this day and show I only have the best interests in the village at heart."

yugi006

"It's highly suspicious that you would mention being the Priest at this moment in time. I was the one mentioned that if Luna was going to be lynched that the Priest use his or her powers to save her. You didn't mention that you were the Priest then. Would you have been willing to save Luna with your supposed powers?"

"I still don't have enough information to make a vote yet."

Galactic Druid

(Please remember to vote in bold. It makes it easier to track everything.)

Madame Professor

The Professor nodded, "Of course. That was my plan. I felt the speech she gave that first day gave the villains an easy target to hide behind and I hoped to get two concrete confirmations of allegiance right out the gate. I was vague, because the lynching didn't appear to be happening and I thought I could provide cover for the Seer. "

She sighed, "It's why I jumped on it when you brought it up. It's why all my reasoning focused so heavily on the Priest using their power. Because it was my intention all along. Since it is obvious I'm not the Seer, I'm laying my cards on the table. Using my power will confirm my own innocence and Blythe's, which at this point, it is very important to know whose side the Sheriff is on. Lying about using my power would do me no good, as it would mean I'd definitely find myself on the block the next day, assuming I survived the night and would not help the village at all. How else do you expect to get information?"