News:

Main Menu

Heavy Rain *SPOILERS*

Started by Aragem, February 28, 2010, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Okay, if you have not played Heavy Rain, then PLEASE READ NO FURTHER.

This thread will be only for those who played and completed Heavy Rain.  We will be discussing plot, story, scenes, and who the killer is.  Please, please, please, do not read this thread and get anything spoiled for you and get mad because it was spoiled because you were given

FAIR WARNING.

Professor Loki Caprion

Okay, first... I really did NOT see it coming! When John was drowning in the flashback and said "don't forget me, Scottie," my jaw dropped. The character I liked the most, who seemed to be so likable and genuinely caring... was the very killer he was claiming to seek out!

But there's a few things that nag me.

How, how, how, how did Madison get Norman's phone number? When she calls, she even says "you don't know me, but..." How did she get it?

Why did Madison seem so shocked when Ann told her the name of her living son? Did she know Scott?

And finally... why is it so bloody hard to get the "Baby Master" achievement, for me? I keep messing up one keystroke when I rock the baby to sleep and that screws the whole scenario. Grr!
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Aragem

Madison is a journalist.  She has connections so very likely she has someone in the police that can give her access to phone numbers.

I don't know why she seemed so shocked.  I thought for sure that Ann said Ethan Mars name or something.  Madison didn't know Shelby, so why the shock?

Shelby. . . If you played through the game again and pay attention, you get hints. 

1.  At Hassan's store, if you got for sympathy, Shelby says that he lost someone close to him.

2.  Jayden analysis says the killer is a male, white, 30's or 40's.  Shelby seems to be in his late 40's.

Professor Loki Caprion

Hopefully there'll be more revealed in the DLC! :) I can't wait for it!

A little side note; Ethan's voice actor did some amazing agonized wails in "The Lizard" scene. I imagine that's the kind of noises someone would make when cutting off their own finger.

Aragem

Yeah, it was really heart wrenching.  the first time I did the scene, I did it with a hatchet.  The second time, the scissors.  I don't want to go through that again.

So one playthrough, I had Ethan fail all his trials.

Professor Loki Caprion

My first time through, I used the pliers. They seemed the fastest way, to me. Then I played through and used the scissors for the achievement. Then I had to do it a THIRD time, again with the pliers, because I didn't cauterize or disinfect the wound, silly me.

The only trial I failed on my "clean" play through was killing the drug dealer. With him begging for his life as I held a gun to his head in his daughter's bedroom... I couldn't bear to pull the trigger.

Aragem

*shudder*  A very scary scene.

Sol Invictus

I must say that every single one of Etan's trials were amazing.  From the adrenaline pumping car chase to the jumping through eletrified wired because a door was taunting me.  Every single scene was perfect.  I'm only done one playthrough but im going to do at least one more so I can see what happens if Ethan fails them all.