Starship Troopers: Even the Bugs Leave you Alone Eventually (reloaded)

Started by Hunter, October 28, 2010, 04:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

This is a reroll of an idea that I wasn't quite ready for at the time.  I'm basing this partially on the second movie as well as the first so read it all the way through before commenting (or not).  Thank you.

Premise:
Okay, so it's hardly a surprise that the plan went to hell and back.  There's bad news.  And there's worse news.  Oh, and some good news too.

The bad news: Your company commanding officer went down way too early in the retreat that nearly got everyone killed.

The worse news: You didn't get the withdraw order in time to get off planet.  And the fleet has long since beat feet.

The good news: You managed to fall back to one of the electrically fenced outposts.  So as long as the power holds out, you're safe.

More bad news: You've got a month, maybe more provisions before everyone starts starving to death.

More good news: After a day or so, the bugs stopped trying to get in.  Now they just stand around and watch.  And wait.

What I'm looking for:
I'm looking for a group of volunteer mobile infantry troopers, a mix of both genders from three different squads.  The clock is running, so to speak, and besides those daily shifts of standing watch; you've got nothing to do but hang out and hope for rescue.  (Which never comes, btw.  Everyone dies heroically in the end, of course.)

Or at least, nothing official to do.

(As a note, I'll be playing the Lieutenant of the first squad.  Also, please play your stated gender.  I confuse easily.  ^_^)

Character Sheet:
Image: please post an image of your character

Name: what you're know by, can include a handle if you like

Rank/Squad: Only one LT, Sgt, Cpl per squad please.

Background: Short and sweet, please

Notes: Anything you'd like to add.

Hunter

Forgot to add my character.  Duh?

Image:

Name: Javier Rolen

Rank/Squad: Lieutenant, First Squad

Background: Javier comes from an eight generation military family, each member without exception serving in either the army or the marine corps.   Javier started as a grunt and field promotions quickly kicked him up to officer level.   Javier tends to come across as cool and collected, particularly during combat, though he's also known for having a temper (the main reason he's never gone any higher).  Javier shows complete confidence in his squad and trusts them just as much.

Notes: Straight.