Seeking and Scheming [MxM]

Started by Lain, February 27, 2014, 06:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lain

( Please Do Not Post Replies Here! )

🌳 What You Can Expect 🍃
Preferences 🦋 Stories 🌱 Ideas 🌼 Characters 🌲 Lain's Lair
My Posts: 700-1,500+ words avg. 🪴 Tense: present/past, 3rd person 🍀 Post Rate: several per month - weekly🪶 Where: forums 🥀 Currently: Unavailable

ABOUT ME: I have gone by many handles in the past, most of which have been forgotten. Lain is simply a version of a childhood nickname that was originally shortened due to my similarity to the character Lain in the 1998 anime series Serial Experiments Lain. "Lain" simply stuck.

I am a fur-parent of 3 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, 6 cats, several aquariums and too many plants to count. My life offline revolves around them and their every whim. I am a homebody; I think recluse is a better word for me… Aside from the animals I spend much of my time crafting, repurposing, and up-cycling old and ‘broken’ treasures and giving them new life.

Other than that I work full time for a medical technology company. Most of my weekdays are spent in front of a computer, so I often ‘unplug’ when the workday is over. I, like so many others, come here to escape the real world and create a new one with fellow writers.

WRITING STYLE: Oh man, I have been writing almost since I could hold a pencil, and have been co-writing with others since 1998/1999. I started on AIM but have since moved to strictly Forum. I will no longer RP Via IM. I don’t have the time or capacity for it. I love long, detailed, posts that IM simply will not allow for. I only write in the 3rd person RPs, and again, I love long detailed posts. Please, feel free to check out my current and past games for some writing samples.

As I age, I am finding myself far more interested in a challenging story. A challenge, yes, I do love a challenge and trying new things in writing. I enjoy having to think about a reply. That is not to say that I will not enjoy a simple romance story. If there is depth with serious story and character building, I am a happy camper. I am most interested in a story when there is either depth in characters, what makes them tick or the dynamics between our characters. Or depth of emotion between our characters or the world around them. I can not stress enough, please, give me a story.

SMUT: I honestly have a hard time writing smut for smut’s sake. I would rather a bit of emotion thrown into the mix. At least a reason for it, such as manipulation or something along those lines. I enjoy the slow burn, the chase, and the struggle. The clashing of dominant personalities in story and in bed. Be aware: I love a good, juicy plot! Smut, well that depends on the story and the characters.

PARTNER DO'S & DON'TS: Please understand that, like so many others, I work full time and real life sometimes does not allow me to post too quickly. I try to post within a week of your post, sometimes I can post within a few days when time allows. I think this is a very common understanding on this board and it does not stop with me. This place is for fun, so let’s keep it that way, these are games after all! Meant to be enjoyed.

Please, do not get pushy with me, I may be slow sometimes but pushing me for a post will only have me (and my muse) digging in my heels and not produce. I do not do this intentionally, I simply tend to wilt under pressure. Additionally, this is the reason I usually only have a small handful of stories going at a time; I put the pressure onto myself when I owe many posts and productivity slows and sometimes stops.

So, all in all, please be patient!

PLEASE! Let me know if you are no longer interested in our story! I will move it to my 'hiatus (Frozen in Time)' section if I do not I hear from you for an extended period and it's been weeks/months since your last post. I may reach out, depending on our status as co-writers or how long our story has been running. This is not to rush you, I just have mild OCD and like to keep my thread tidy and up to date. If you lose interest I totally understand, I may be bummed out, but I understand. I ask that you simply keep me in the loop! However, when I am ghosted; our story will be moved automatically to the 'Ended (Dead Zone)'.

A final note; if I have not explicetly ended our story, even if it's been a while, reach out and maybe we can pick it back up.I am usually open to picking up old tales, especially the favorites, dusting off the fluff and continue on as before.

COMMUNICATION: I am honestly pretty laid back and can be easy to talk to. I do hope I make my co-writers feel welcome to reach out to plot or to confront me about something that I am doing is bothering them. If I write something you don’t feel comfortable with, just let me know. Despite my wishes, I am no mind reader, so how else will I know if I am not told. I would much rather we both enjoy ourselves and feel comfortable writing in our story than either of us being uneasy or annoyed. Especially when the problem is something that a little bit of communication can fix.

My Heritage Is Rebellion.

Lain

💧 General Preferences ☘️

CHARACTER/GENRE TYPES: Purposefully vague.*

YES
• Dominant Characters
• Intelligent Characters
• Mental Characteristics
• Middle-Aged/Older Characters
• Switch Couples
• Bromance
• Animal Traits (Tails, ears, claws, fangs)
• Angel/Demon
• Action/Adventure
• Tragedy
• Horror

MAYBE
• Fantasy
• Mystery
• History
• Romance
• Science Fiction
• Supernatural
• General mutilation
• Branding
• Drug/Substance Use (Not including recreational)
• Cannibalism (Depends on the story)

NO
• Dim Characters
• Female Characters
• Hermaphroditic Characters
• High Fantasy
• Canon
• Fem Boys
• Cross Dressing

HARD NO

• Superhumans
• Full Animals
• Full Furries
• Wuxia
• Robots/Cyborgs/Androids
• Extraterrestrials
• Ability-wielders
• Drug/Substance Abuse/Dependence (Alcohol excluded)

🍀 Sexual Preferences 🔥

THE KINK BREAKDOWN: (These are all related to M/M only)

YES
• Biting/Scratching
• Scars/Brands
• Power Play
• Virginity/Deflowering
• Anal Penetration
• Oral/Throat Penetration
• Worship/Pet Play
• Bondage (light to extreme)
• Humiliation

MAYBE
• Incest
• Voyeurism
• Rimming
• Enemas
• Harem
• Young (20's) Characters
• Force/Non-Con/Sadism

NO
• Cum Facials
• Tickling
• Intestinal Penetration

HARD NO
• Sexual mutilation/castration
• Under 18 Characters
• M-Preg
• Fisting
• Rape/Full Non-Con (if it drives the story, we can discuss)
• Beastiality
• Bathroom Play (scat/urine)
• Third Sex
• Women/Trans women
• Fem Boys
• Cross Dressing
 • Trans men

PAIRINGS & CHARACTERS: So now here is the real fun! Sexually I will only write as a man attracted to men. I do not have any preference as to what gender my co-writer is. I simply prefer not writing heterosexual or lesbian smut. I do like 'manly' men, a little bit of grit, a little bit of grease and some hard and rough edges - it's what I am attracted to personally is all, so it's easier to be interested in that as a writer. Give me a grimy pair of work boots over a pair of sneakers without a speck of dirt on them, please.

I love strong-willed characters and dominate males. For pairings I most enjoy switch couples, and I will not have a couple that have hard Dom/sub lines. I do like a bit of a struggle for that dominance, not just sexually either. I do not enjoy weak-willed characters, a bad mood or a low moment in a story is not the same as a weak-willed character. I enjoy couples who are equals especially when they are equally matched in [dominant] personality. Besides, a little power struggle is never a bad thing!

I am sure this is getting redundant by now, but please understand, I love story over smut. I love seeing a character or couple grow, in complexity and depth. A story is not a ‘plot once and done’ for me, I enjoy plotting throughout a game! Please, reach out and let me know if you have an idea or want to try to add something to our story! Communication is key.

SETTINGS:

GENRES: Military, western, adventure, fantasy, romance, hurt/comfort, mercenaries, hunting, survival, action, horror... Anything dark and gritty. Not really into full fluff - tender moments are welcome, always!! Just to break up the tension.

DYNAMICS:  I admit, I love a good power play. From the general ‘my dick is bigger than your dick’ dialog to full on bondage. I really will try about anything in this area. I also enjoy a good hurt/comfort story or scene, either in the form of forced submission and care afterwards or two damaged characters finding each other and completing each other despite the cracks and chips within each of them. I have not tried all of the dynamics out there, and I am willing to explore more, but these two are both ‘yes, please’ in my book.

GENERAL DISLIKES:  I do not much care for stories or characters that are not a challenge for me to write. I like to have a challenge; I enjoy a story even more when I need notes to keep track of everything. Again, I do not enjoy strict Top/bottom rules, or weak-willed or wimpy characters, I am not talking about having a hard time dealing with something painful, emotionally or physically. Essentially don't just roll over and die - it's not a personality trait I enjoy writing against.

*If something you are curious about is not on either of my lists: I either forgot about it, unaware of it or simply never thought of it. Do, enlighten me. I am open to discuss anything that could drive the story. Worst thing I can do is decline, right?

Lain

🌌 An Overture 🪶

All my story ideas are purposefully vague, they are baselines and very little is set in stone, this is for the sake of my cowriter and I to hash out all of the fun [gritty] details!
These are primarially examples for the types of stories I enjoy. I am always open to new story ideas!

Cheating Death

Category: Supernatural, slow burn, character death (?), dark Romance, possible manipulation

A Fallen Angel/Death is out collecting souls, one soul in particular, the soul of a foolish human, one is the same as the rest. Foolish. When he is found out by a group of paranormal nut jobs he is on the run, injured, too much so to return to Hell. A lowly human finds him and offers refuge in his apartment, a twist, the human who saves him is the very same as the one he came to earth to collect. What happens when a favor is owed to death himself? Will his immortal soul be spared?

It’s World War III

Category: Slow Burn, Rivalry, war, survival, action, post-apocalyptic

Two once-rivals find themselves in a world terrifyingly unfamiliar, one ravaged by war and poverty, where most cities are demolished and territories viciously guarded and fought over.  The current population is halved, if not more, man is whipping out its own existence. Perhaps during or after the third great war, in the not so distant future. These two enemies must work together in order to survive.

This does not have to be during/after a war, it can be any post-human age, I -may- even consider a zombie story.

You Must Confront Your Past

Category: Romance, recovery arcs, slow burn, possible mafia connections

Here, you must confront your past. If you have killed, beware the gathering of Spirits, for they do fish for men. Here, the disembodied Astral World becomes flesh once more. I pity the men of swords. For here, blood runs cold...

A man who loses everything, cast out by his family and the town where he grew up, must relocate. He struggles to cope with his recent exile from all that he knew and held dear. He meets another who is willing to accept him, demons and all, and who is strong enough to help him overcome. To confront his past and face it head on, perhaps the only way is to return to where he is from, and show his new friend (lover?) just what he is and why he ran

Hunters Become the Hunted

Category: Hunting, horror/creature, survival, adventure, clashing personalities, possible multiple (short lived) characters

A high-profile big game hunter, is often hired to take high paying stuffed shirts on vanity hunts, he has a sharp-shooter, tracker, in his rolodex that he hires when he may need an extra hand to keep the hunt on track. These two have a professional history, and this hunt is not the first will need his tracker’s help with. If only for the sake of his own sanity, not to be the only professional on the field, it’s not supposed to be a difficult hunt. The hunt turns on its head and goes completely awry… what happens when these two find themselves the pray of the animal (Monster?) that they came to kill… if they make it out of this alive, will their professional dynamic be changed forever?

The Séance

Category: Mental illness, horror, recovery arcs, doctor/patient (possibly?)

Death follows him everywhere, hurting those he loves, and scaring away the rest. He is terrified of the ghosts that haunt him, but he can never be rid of them, never hide from them. These gnarled undead are always at his mind, ripping and tearing at his sanity, waiting in the darkness for him, always standing at the edges of the light. These beings are only real to this man, as they are a product of his illness, he simply does not know it. Is he beyond all hope?

In Your Dreams

Category: Romance, supernatural, slow burn, dream world

Have you ever wondered if the worlds of your dreams are in fact an alternate reality? What if they were? He meets his soul mate in his dreams, they meet each other, and they know they are two parts of the same flame. However, they can only meet while they are both asleep, though they don’t know it while they are awake. What happens when their paths cross in the real world? Do they recognize each other? Is one married, living a double life between the waking world and dreamland? Are they forced to meet in the darkness and motel rooms only, or admire each other from afar? Or, do they both find themselves free to be together? The possibilities are near endless…

Lain

🌙 Original Characters ✨
( Created for the story, seldom will I reuse a character. However, any brain children in need of a home will be here.)

Untouched

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

Reused

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

Recycled

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

NAME
EYES/HAIR:
HEIGHT/BUILD:

PERSONALITY & TRAITS

OTHER NOTABLE TRAITS:
PERSONALITY:

Lain

🌑 Tales 🌟
(Active Stories)

Bow strings, too taut, will snap with Captain Maltese

🌠 Frozen In Time 🌙

(Yeah, I am still interested if you are, just let me know)

I'll Catch You After The Fall with Candied

R/O Humanity with imaginationpen

Scales and Alchemy with Suiko

Survivor's Remorse with BehindYou

🌕 Dead Zone 💫

Post 2021 Return

Pre 2017 Hiatus
A Tale Of Two Gladiators ~ Roninc30
After Class ~ Saphir
Bottle Half Empty ~ ShatteredSymphony
A Bottle Half Empty ~ Liam Dale
Boys Will Be Boys ~ Lah
-Café Nirvana ~  Kissin Kate
Caged ~ ErisXfrost
Cat, Caught ~ Khoraz
Cat and Mouse ~ Nimmy
Dangerous Midnight flower ~ Shii 
Doctor's Delinquent ~ DiscoveringEzra
Gunsmoke ~ Shii
In Debt ~ Shii
Kidnapped ~ YaoiRolePlay
Lab Rat ~ Nimmy
Like Day & Night ~ Izu
Love Letters ~ ScarletTears
Love of the Immortals ~ Shii
Memories ~Roninc30
My Lord, My Pet ~ Stygia
Of Predators & Pray ~ kasper
Science Project ~ GothicFires
Shelter Comes At A Price ~ Icecradle
Spare Parts ~ Nikopiko
The Beholder ~ Altheras
The Clockwork Prince ~ Angel Eros
The Prince's Own... ~ Angel Eros
To Loose Everything ~ Lah
Trapped ~ Izu
Whiplash ~ Captain My Captain

Lain

Added a Story Idea I have been working on. :)

Lain

Looking for New Games and to try out New Partners :3

Please PM me and not reply to this thread :D

Lain

I am hoping to bump this and find someone interested in starting a game with me. Please PM me if you are interested rather than posting here  O:)

Lain

I am bumping this again in hopes to find new partners :) Please read the first post and feel free to check out my other games to see how I write and what I tend to expect from my partners in writing :)

Lain

I am bumping this thread in hopes to find a new partner or two. I as that you read the first post of this thread and if you are interested, please PM me! Thanks!

Lain

Hoping to get back into rping, just finished school and looking to fill in the time. Let me know if you want to discuss, start or continue a game through a PM

Lain

Some new stories where rolling around in my head last night, keeping me up so I wrote them down. These are all new, I cleaned out the old for some fresh ideas! Keep an eye for new characters to possibly be rolling in as well! Please, PM me if anything tickles your fancy!

Lain

Just a quick bump. My muse is returning and with it, my search for cowriters and fresh ideas. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in hashing out ideas and start a story!

Lain

After a weekend of coding, and help from a dear friend and her extraordinary patience with me...

I am confident that my game search thread, now known as "Seeking and Scheming" is ready for it's first bump!

This was not simply putting things together in new order or taking pieces apart and building a rag-doll from scraps. This was a true and complete overhaul!

So, without further ado-
Welcome to ✨Seeking and Scheming✨.

Please, feel free to PM me with any interest in chatting or plotting!

Lain

Just a bump in the night. Do not be afraid; it's merely the beasts inside, clawing to be freed.

Lain

Just a bump as I am cautiously available for a new game or two...

Lain

I suppose a bump in celebration of the "Ber" months wouldn't hurt

Lain

Just a bump with the new forum update

Things are a bit of a mess here, I apologize, but I am hoping it will work itself out...

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to reach out if you would like to plot.

I am hoping for something a bit on the dark side...