Free Love in the British Empire (All Welcome - Recruiting)

Started by Montagne, April 12, 2013, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Quote from: DarkRose15 on May 03, 2013, 01:14:17 AM
BUBBY!!! *pounces and huggles* How are you :D

*Aghs and is bowled over by a Rose*  ;D I'm in some pretty decent pain tonight, just got off work, but other then that not bad. Looking forward to starting this game! Gotta work on my character tomorrow when I get up.

Ooohhh... Mad.... you tease me with your char. He needs to be tested. Oh yes he does..

AmberStarfire

I'm just working on a concept so.. we'll see what the GM thinks. ;)

Montagne

AmberStarfire

Name: Evie Alesi
Real Name (Unknown to Most): Evelyn Danilo
Played by: AmberStarfire
Nationality: Italian
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Lustrous Black
Height: 5'7
Sexuality: Bisexual

Likes/Turn ons: Romance, charismatic men, strong-minded women, sadism, masochism, weapons, intelligence and beauty
Dislikes/Turn offs: Watersports, scat, abuse, humiliation, anal, a condescending tone

Role/Archetype: The sensual spy; Bartender and part-time courtesan at the Castello

Personality:
Sweet natured but strong. Independent but dutiful. A free spirit but dedicated in her work.. and her pleasures.

Background/History:
Evelyn was born in Florence, Italy in the 1850s, during the tumultuous years of the Italian Unification. The eldest daughter of a common soldier (Armand Danilo) and his younger wife (Rosetta), Evelyn became accustomed to her father's frequent absence. He served with revolutionary forces during the Risorgimento ('the Resurgence') whose military campaigns helped bring about the formation of Italy as a nation-state in the early 1860s, with the exception of Rome, which was restored in 1870. Evelyn learned to recognise the fear in her mother's eyes and frequent tears shed behind closed doors, balanced only with attention lavished on herself and her two brothers (Arturo and Gavino). When the campaigns ceased, she finally had the opportunity to know her father for the man he was - the good and the bad.

Evelyn grew into a beautiful woman. There would be no question that her beauty would become a real and tangible asset in time, and from the age of thirteen, men - some much older, took an interest in her. Armand was a father who loved his family and thought of them had spurred him on during the conflict. However, he also had a coolly pragmatic side.. bordering on the ruthless. He liked to make the most of what he had, and the effects of war still lingered in Florence. He was not oblivious to the way men watched his daughter, and he knew that sooner or later one would claim her heart, if not more. So he struck while the iron was hot.

Armand brought his daughter to the attention of one of his commanding officers (Victor Rizzini), who was one of the unification's strong proponents. He had been a member of the Carbonari (coalmongers), a secret organization that had been inspired by the principles of the French Revolution, organised in the fashion of freemasonry and broken into small covert cells across Italy. "The aim of the Carbonari was the creation of a constitutional monarchy or a republic; they wanted also to defend the rights of common people against all forms of absolutism. Carbonari, to achieve their purpose, were ready to commit assassinations and foment armed revolts." (4) To many minds, they were terrorists and to others they were heroes.

The Danilo family grew in wealth and stature as a part of the deal, and the friendship flourished between Armand and Victor. Evelyn was trained by Carbonari to be an agent of their cause. She would gather information - through seduction if necessary, and be willing to fight if it was needed. This could mean armed combat or assassination, just as one of the Carbonari attempted (and failed) to assassinate Napoleon III. Evelyn was not a woman without a mind of her own, but it was drilled into her that it was for the good of a united Italy, and no decision made by the Carbonari was an uninformed one. There would be those who knew more of the political consequences than her. An unwillingness to act might be as damaging as to act in error. Over these years, the sweet, harmless Evelyn grew into a woman much stronger and more patriotic. In some ways, her thoughts were twisted, de-sensitized to the evils of war.

She also discovered something she hadn't expected to enjoy quite the way she did - her sexuality. Trained by politicians, soldiers and the best courtesans money could buy, Evelyn trained well in the pleasurable arts and loved few things more than to immerse herself in those teachings. Many were well beyond the mundane and firmly planted in the realms of the scandalous. It should come as no surprise that she fit in so well and easily at the Castello.

The conclusion of Evelyn's years with the Carbonari were rather anti-climactic. She had many 'information gathering' and 'message passing' missions, but never killed in the organisation's name. After Rome's restoration in 1870, a primary goal of the Carbonari had been achieved and it was suggested she lay low. So it was that Evelyn Danilo 'came in from the cold', and with the wealth and freedom she had personally gained from the agreement, travelled abroad with her brother Arturo. By the time she left Italy, Evelyn was 22 and her brother was merely 18.

It was quite by chance that she stumbled across the Castello, and saw it and its scene as an expression for her desires and a means of gathering information on just what was going on in Britain at this time. She was only in irregular contact with Victor by this stage - the occasional letter written in a manner few would fully understand. This was far from the 'houses of parliament', but as something of a revolutionary in her own country, she sensed a similar camaraderie here - among these people, and so she convinced Arturo to remain for a time.

Additional Character Info:
Evelyn is staff at the Castello, and she often alternates between roles as bartender and courtesan. She is sometimes visited at the hotel by her brother, and he may also be on good terms with the other girls. He's a bit of a rogue, but handsome and with no shortage of money. He would tend toward the hedonistic as much as she would.

She is known by most people as Evie Alesi. The only man who knows her true name, other than her brother, is the Master of the Castello, Louis Gabriel Maxwell. It was he who suggested she change her name. That said, he doesn't know of her history in Italy.

Useful links:
(1) http://ac-support.europe.umuc.edu/~jmatthew/naples/bandits.htm
(2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risorgimento
(3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Medici#18th_century:_the_fall_of_the_dynasty
(4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonari

Madriv

Quote from: Atlas on May 03, 2013, 06:11:42 AMI actually know that actor as a friend of a friend, hehe this should be interesting!

I think this is one of those situations where the less he knows about what other people do with his face, the better.    XD

And thank you for the acceptance!

AmberStarfire

Oops. I missed the fact Capricia's from Florence.

[Edit] We're thinking a shared background now (where we didn't know each other in Florence, but we met up at the Castello. We're friends and watch each other's back). Would that work?

bubby

*Flail*

I am drawing a complete blank on my chars history. No clue dammit.

EDIT: *Sigh* I'll try again tomorrow. I have a vague idea, but I'm all discombobulated today, and have no brain power.

Sephiriel

Oh, that Monica Bellucci *rrrawr* and great Background Amber, I enjoyed reading every bit of it!

AmberStarfire

Thanks Jane. I really appreciate that. :)

I really enjoyed your background as well. I admit I was thinking 'ooh my, they're going to be a corrupting influence on her!'.

bubby

All right! I've got my back story figured out, and once I am sufficiently infused with that life giving liquid known as coffee, I'll be working on my character!

DarkRose15

Quote from: Atlas on May 03, 2013, 06:11:42 AM
I actually know that actor as a friend of a friend, hehe this should be interesting!
That's so cool :D!

Quote from: bubby on May 04, 2013, 12:51:35 PM
All right! I've got my back story figured out, and once I am sufficiently infused with that life giving liquid known as coffee, I'll be working on my character!
I'm already super excited! I bet it's going to be a very tasty character indeed  >:)
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

bubby

Name: Anne Cooper
Played by:bubby
Nationality: American
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Auburn
Height:5'8”
Sexuality:Hetero

Likes/Turn ons:Bondage, spanking, being worshiped, being a Domme, teasing, secret Switch (see players O/O's)
Dislikes/Turn offs:Scat, water sports, BDSM (see players O/O's)

Role/Archetype: Boston Brahmin Aristocrat

Personality: When with her husband, she is the perfect Brahmin wife. The best Hostess, the one to call upon to bring about the best charitable events. She is demure, ever the Lady, always the epitome of grace and class. But she has a another side, a need for power, a desire to be the one who holds sway over others, a want to allow her hidden seductress free.

Background/History: As the daughter of the prominent Brahmin family Crowninshield she could do no less but marry someone just as such, which she did when she married into the Cooper family.
Cultivated, urbane, and dignified, a Boston Brahmin was the very essence of enlightened aristocracy. The ideal Brahmin was not only wealthy, but displayed suitable personal virtues and character traits.The Brahmin was expected to cultivate the arts, support charities such as hospitals and colleges, and assume the role of community leader. Although the ideal called on him to transcend commonplace business values, in practice many found the thrill of economic success quite attractive. The Brahmins warned each other against "avarice" and insisted upon "personal responsibility". Scandal and divorce were unacceptable.  Young men attended the same prep schools and colleges, and heirs married heiresses. Family not only served as an economic asset, but also as a means of moral restraint.

Additional Character Info: Since she can trace her roots back to Britain, her husband allows her to travel there for Holiday frequently. She always travels with an entourage, for a woman to travel alone would surely cause a scandal she could not afford. Upon one of her trips, she began to hear whispers of The Castello, and would send her most trusted servants to learn more. On this trip, she has learned about the impending Masquerade, and has realized this is the perfect way to introduce herself to something she has longed for for so long.

DarkRose15

Want me to help bubby? And if anyone else wants me to try and find some pics or anything lemme know! So far everyone seems to be doing ok though, but the offer stands :D

bubby

DarkRose15

AmberStarfire

bubby

THANK you! Took me forever to find it! It's perfect. Elegance, grace and poise, and a Domme under it all.  >:)

DarkRose15

If I make a male character I'll be sure to make him feisty hehe!

Lynnette

Is here still space for another female character?

I was considering to make an oriental (Most likely Chinese) acupuncturist if it would be fine.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Montagne

thats fine, however, I'm currently in need of more members over staff, so if you have an idea for a female castello member character, that would be even more useful!

AmberStarfire

Would you have any feedback on our characters?

I'm just wondering if mine will be approved.

Montagne

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 05, 2013, 06:35:33 PM
Would you have any feedback on our characters?

I'm just wondering if mine will be approved.

ahh apologies, I was sure I sent you a PM. She is approved, as is your character Bubby

AmberStarfire

Great, thank you. :) Are you cool with Capricia and I having a shared background (we'd have met at the Castello)?

bubby

Quote from: Atlas on May 05, 2013, 08:27:02 PM
ahh apologies, I was sure I sent you a PM. She is approved, as is your character Bubby

WOO! I certainly hope so, as long as it took me, lol! Can't wait to start!

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os