Looking for partner(s) for new RP idea.

Started by Edynol, January 15, 2011, 11:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edynol

I came up with this idea in response to a question on the Intro boards.  It takes place in the not too distant future, say 2050 or so.  The human species in on the verge of a major turning point in our evolution.  My character was the first of a new type of human, who is able to read the thoughts of others and and interpret radio waves.  He also ages at a super slow rate.  After finally being discovered, he was kept at a government facility for several years.  But then he escaped and has sense discovered that others like him have been born.  More and more of these advanced humans are being born as the human species as we know it is evolving into a higher state of conciousness.

So now, my character has been gathering those like him and is building a secret organization.  And though their numbers are growing slowly, they are preparing to public and thwart the government, who is trying suppress the human revolution by capturing these evolved people and confining them to government facilities and labs.

If you think you might be interested in this, please let me know.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Edynol

Awesome!  Here's my character btw.

Name is Chris Williams.  He is 81 years old but looks 20.  He has lang brown hair, hazel eyes, and stand at about 5'11".  He wieghs about 165 and  has an ethletic build.  He is the leader(Not so much of a leader than founder and organizer) of the small group of advanced humans he calls 'The Whisps', from their ability to whisper into each other's minds.

He is skilled at hacking, organization, and keeping hidden when he doen't want to be found.  His main goal in life is to make a better world for himself and those like him by intergating them into society and teaching the human species to accept them as they pathe the way for this turning point in human evolution.

Chris' story -

I hadn't committed any crimes.  I am a turning point in human evolution which the goverment was trying to keep hidden so the fat, rich, powerhungry poloticians could keep control.  See, not only do my cells degrade at a much slower rate, over 200%, which allows me to live much longer and look much younger than I really am, but I am able to use parts of my brain others cannot.  So, not only am I an 80 year old that looks in his early 20's, but I have much higher brain functions than anyone else.  Now I can't do stuff like telekenisis, moving things with my mind and such, but I can comprehend radio waves and read the minds of certain people.

It started when I was five.  I had a hard time learning because I couldn't listen to my teachers through the constant background noise I was always hearing from radio waves and other people's thoughts.  Once I learned to read, everything I needed to learn was written down on paper.  So I was held back in the 1st and 2nd grades because of this, but once I was able to read, I progressed normally.  But as I got older, my intellect increased.  I was finally able to filter out all the different sound frequencies and focus on one thing.  Once I was able to this, I started learning alot easier.  I ended up graduating high school when I was only 15.

The reason I can hear some people's thoughts is because, though they don't know, some people are more advanced than others, if only in a very small way.  This change in our evolution is present in alot of us, I am just the most advanced, so far.  The people I can read can't read my thoughts, because they are not as advanced, so aside from that one small difference which only I can percieve, they are just normal people.  Though their children could very well end up like me.  I call these people cusps.  They are right on that turning point in our evolution but show no irregular signs.  Though they do tend to look a good deal younger than their age, but not to the point where people really notice.  So if you know someone who is 30 but looks twenty, they could very well be one of these cusps.  I am just beyond that cusp.  I'm just beyond that turning point where I can percieve radio waves and advanced thought patterns.  And even though I still looked like a child when I was twenty, everyone, including dictors, figured I just had a new form of congenital growth hormone disease.

What got me noticed by the government was when I picked up on a radio transmission of terrorists while on a fishing trip with my friend on his sea fishing boat.  The US government found them and ended the threat thanks to my information, but wanted to know how I picked up such an incrypted transmission when they couldn't.  After days of interrogation, and after they found out I was much older than I appeared, I was 64 yet barely looked 18, I finally told them how.  That's when the testing began.  For the next ten years I was contained at a goverment facility and they wouldn't let me leave.  But after learning my sister died and they didn't let me attend her funeral, I got fed up and used my superior intellect to escape.  And since I can hear any transmission they use to communicate with, I am always ten steps ahead of them.

Since my escape, I have discovered a few others like me.  We have started an organization for people like us in which I am the founder.  Most of the people with me look not much more than children, but their ages varie from 18-50.  We find others like through telepathy, so the government has no way to track us.  Only those like us can percieve our thoughts and comminicate with us, so there are no mistakes made like picking up normal children.  Right now we're only 74 strong and slowly growing.  But the time is soon upon us when we will rise up from hiding and reveal to the world that evolution is upon us.  Our world is on the vurge of a major turning point in human evolution, and soon everyone will know about it and how the government tried to cover it up.

This is why I am wanted.  We are not aliens.  We are not genetically engineered.  We are not mutants.  We are only human.

Soturo

Sounds interesting.
Still looking for participants?

Edynol

Yep!  I added my character's story to my 2nd post btw.