Mass Effect: The Night Before Ilos (F wanted)

Started by Shakhmaty, August 05, 2009, 01:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakhmaty

This is based upon the scene in BioWare's Mass Effect where a female Shepard and Liara T'Soni finally confess their feelings for each other and express their love. I'd like to be Commander Shepard, so I need someone to be Liara!

NAME: Commander Shakhmaty "Checkmate" Shepard
CLASS: Soldier
RACE: Human
APPEARANCE: Like the preset Jane Shepard, except with blonde hair and blue eyes

Ilos is waiting...and so am I! :)

Hemingway

Liara is the best-looking alien ever. *sighs dreamily.*

maniac

Shakhmaty

:-) Hey, Hemingway and maniac--I'd like you both to post a sample of your writing here in this thread. I'll post mine:

If Shakhmaty "Checkmate" Shepard had one fatal attraction, it was the one to duty. She had signed up with the Alliance Marines at the age of eighteen out of loyalty to her family, had held off an enemy platoon without the aid of a single person or entity during the Skyllian Blitz, had even fought to expose Saren Arterius as a traitor to the galaxy and the Spectres despite not being believed by the Citadel Council. Duty was her one true love, and her one master.

How was it that one woman, a single asari, could make her want to betray it?

Shepard wiped some sweat from the back of her neck. Here she was, a mutineer and a fugitive on the run from justice, with the NORMANDY and its crew as her willing captives. They were headed toward Ilos, and she sniffed the ripe odor of armpit sweat once she lifted her arms high above her head to stretch. She needed a very long, very soapy shower, and this might be her last chance to get it. Striding toward the latrines, or "head", she thought she heard footsteps...

That's just a sample. I'd like to see yours! :)

Hemingway

I wasn't going to, but you've made it so tempting. I'll write up something relating to the situation at hand, and edit it into this post. : ]

Edit:

Liara T'Soni was not good with people – not a people person, a human might say – by any stretch of the imagination. She'd even said so herself, to Shepard, and made a fool of herself in the process. It was a well-established fact – a scientific law – one that didn't require any further evidence. That was the likely reason it had taken her so long to reach a conclusion about her feelings for the commander, and even more so to interpret her signs. She sighed.

There was a very real chance they'd die, both of them – all of them. She was not one to rush headlong into anything, certainly not after being proven to be inept at it. For once, though, her heart, and more importantly, her feet, rebelled against her overactive mind, carrying her through the Normandy, cautiously at first, then more hurriedly, as feelings overcame all sense and logic, only stopping, abruptly so, when she caught up with the commander.

“Shepard,” she managed to say, at barely more than an unsteady whisper.