News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

One on One(Kaiser and Edhel)

Started by Kaiser Maverick, June 29, 2010, 09:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiser Maverick

Edhel Tari

Beth had arrived in New York City few weeks ago.  She came with the promise of a job with a respected law firm Munger, Tolles & Olson, with the promise of an internship and her own apartment.  Of course, they didn't say it would be a small one bedroom in an old building on a very busy corner of East 14th and Second Avenue.  But she had adjusted, since the pay was good and because she knew she was lucky to have a place.  Just as she had been lucky to get into the best colleges as well.

But this was Saturday morning and all she wanted was a hot cup of coffee.  So once she was up, showered and dressed in her favorite pair of blue jeans and t-shirt, she headed down to Teresa's Coffee Shop and Restaurant, on Allen street.  She had become quite a fixture there since arriving, and in some small way, it made her feel like she was part of the city that never rested.   Luckily she got her favorite seat close to the windows, ordered her a cup of coffee and just relaxed with the great aroma and ambiance.
"For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings, That then I scorn to change my state with kings"
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

Virgil was in New York City on loan from the CIA.He was to be sent to the SWAT team as a tutor in sniper training.But the hard thing was......he usually does what he wants on his own time.He decided to stop by a local coffee shop for a decent cup of coffee.He walked into the shop and ordered a cup of coffee and a bagel.He sat down at a table towards te bal so no one can see what he was doing.

Edhel Tari

Beth had seen the young man walk in.  He didn't look like your typical coffee house fan.  He was dressed way too well in his expensive clothes, high gloss shoes and the way every detail from his hair to his toes were impeccably well groomed.  And he wasn't bad to look at either.  But after he ordered and sat down far away from her, she simply scolded herself for window shopping and continued looking back out the window, sipping her coffee.
"For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings, That then I scorn to change my state with kings"
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He typed endlessly on his computer as his coffee arrived.He took a sip and sighed happily.As he typed he brought up multiple files,gun atachments,foreign back accounts.He smiled as new parts and emails came in.He ordered several new parts and sent emails back to many investors.And then he got a email from the SWAT source.He didnt want to leave yet and stayed his ground.He sighed and kept typing and looked around.

Edhel Tari

Beth flagged down a waitress and asked for another cup of coffee and perhaps a piece of apple pie to go with it.  She was in no hurry.  She hadn't had an entire weekend off since she got here.  She was going to enjoy every minute of it.   And a pie would help guide her in that direction, at least, that's what she told herself.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He had looked up from the laptop momentarily to look around.He saw people come and go but one woman never left.She sat there and ordered a slice of apple pie.He looked over and smiled slightly.He wonder who she was.Not that that would be a problem.He activated a tracking call on his laptop.

Edhel Tari

Soon her pie arrived in a Styrofoam box, a plastic spoon inside to eat it with.  Also, the waitress had brought a cup of coffee with a lid to go.  Beth smiled up at the waitress as she placed her ticket on the table..  "Awww, Bonnie, you always read my mind, don't you?  I guess that's why I always try to sit at your tables."  She winked at the waitress, handing her a five dollar bill, grabbed her ticket and headed to the cashier to pay for her food.  She would walk to the park nearby and enjoy her pie along with the scenery.

Arriving at the cashier, she greeted her.  "Good morning Alice.  Hope your day started out well."  She handed Alice the money, receiving a few dollars back, as Alice began to go into detail about her lousy night, unable to sleep because of her lower back giving her fits.  Beth, listened for a while, then made an excuse to leave.  She walked towards the door, opened it and slipped outside.    Pausing, she took out her billfold and put the change and ticket inside before taking her time walking towards the park. 
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He had already got her picture from the mini webcam and ran it through a citizens database.He found her.“Beth...."he said as he read through her file.He smiled and watched her walk out the store.His sniper skills would now get him ready for whats next.He needed to track her through this huge city.

Edhel Tari

Beth arrived at the park and found a nice empty bench under a large oak tree.  Carefully, she set her coffee down beside her, and opened her pie with anticipation.  Taking her spoon, she began to take small bites, watching the children playing with the their mothers and Nannys, the elderly couple slowly walking upon the sidewalk within the park.  A couple of bicycles rolled by.  The park was a good place to watch life as it happened.  At the moment, Beth did not wish to be a part of it, but soon.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“Hello Beth."hesaid as he appeared behind her.His movements were alwas silent.He never left a trace of where he was.And always made sure people knew where he was going.

Edhel Tari

Beth jumped to her feet, spilling coffee all over the bench, her pie now being enjoyed by the ants.  Turning, she faced a man she didn't know, and yet he knew her.  "Who are you?"  Her voice soft at first, then her anger building for him coming up from behind her.  "And how do you know my name?!!"  Quickly, she snatched her purse off the bench, holding it out so the coffee that had gathered beneath it would finish dripping off.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“Hmmm I may be somebody then again nobody.I could be a old best friend or the next enemy to slit your throat.Now Ms Beth tell me,who am I?"he said.He liked playing games with people.He had a doctorate in Psychcology.Yet he became a top sniper.Go figure.

Edhel Tari

Beth raised an annoyed eyebrow at him.  "You are the person that will watch my backside leave you behind, that's who you are.  And I'd appreciate you not bothering me again."  As she started to walk away, she pulled out a tissue and began to dry her purse.  The nerve of some people.  She had never come to the park before and been harassed by some nut that came out of the bushes.  Thank god it was daylight outside.   
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

As if on cue,twelve Dotted laser sight appeared over her body.“I dont think thats a wise thing to do miss."he smiled and waved her back to him.It seemed real but it was a bluff.“I wouldnt try a team of trained snipers."

Edhel Tari

Suddenly, Beth stopped, slowly turning around again.  It was then she saw the lasers dancing upon her blouse.  Looking up at him again, she asked.  "Who the hell are you?"   It was like something out of horrible crime movie.  She knew she wasn't of importance to anyone.  He obviously had the wrong Beth.  "Look mister, you have the wrong girl.  I am no value to anyone."
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He tossed a document listing all of her information.Personal and business.Isnt that ypur family,your work place.Laptop password and email address.Even you oldest friend name is listed."he gave a handsome smile.

Edhel Tari

Beth reached down and picked up the document.  He was right, all her personal information was there.  Slowly her eyes lifted until they were looking into this arrogant man that was only making her angrier by the minute.  Shoving the papers inside her bag, she glared at him, looking from side to side, hoping to see a cop or something.  "What do you want, because if you don't start answering my questions.  I'm going to turn and start screaming rape and I don't care how many guns are pointed am me!!!"    She was about at her limit.   It wasn't funny to her.  This guy seemed completely deranged. 
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He had smiled and took a few steps forward.“Thats but a simple request.A date.I would like a date with you miss.Is that acceptable?"He said as she looked completely rattled.He didnt mean to completely rattle her but he just needed abit of leverage to move things along slightly

Edhel Tari

"You are insane!"  Turning, she began to walk away, but her gait turned into running, wanting as much distance between them as possible.   
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

As he played thst senario back out in his head at the coffeeshop,he found it wasnt the best approach.He decided to just be forward with her before she left.He quickly jogged up to her and tapped her on the shoulder lightly.“Excuse me?Beth?Its me Virgil."he said trying to see if she remembered him.

Edhel Tari

When Beth felt the tap, she didn't really stop running, but she did slow down to a fast walk, turning around to look at him as he said his name.   Was he seriously thinking she could look past what he'd just done and act like he knew her?  "I only know one Virgil.."  She said, moving backwards faster, ready to turn and run again.  "...and rumor has it, he disappeared and died.  So you cannot be him."  Angry he would dare use the name of someone that had meant so much to her once upon a time.  But then, he had left her behind, without a word.    "So, did his name come up in the search or something?"
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He sighed as he pulled out his badge.He flipped open and showed her the ID.Name,credentals,everything.“You still freak out like normal huh Beth?"he said with a small laugh.“Sorry that little joke of mine was a bit extreme and wrong........and stupid sorry."he said as he rubbed the back of his ead,feeling like an idiot.He shifted from one fot to the other.

Edhel Tari

Beth finally stopped walking,  cautiously reaching out and taking the wallet, looking at the badge and other ID.  Looking back up at him, she looked very hard at his face.  As she finally, seriously looked at him, she began to realize that the features she remembered, Virgil's nose, eyes,  that they were there within the face.  But something was different.  A change.  He was thinner than she remembered, that tended to change a face some.  Handing the wallet back, she bit her lip.  "Virgil?"  She asked softly.  He always did have a sick sense of humor.

Walking up to him, she slapped him as hard as she could.  "That's for scaring the hell out of me!"  The next minute she had her arms wrapped around his neck, tears almost spilling from her eyes, melting into him.  "Why, why Virgil?  Why did you leave and not say goodbye to me?"  She choked.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He nearly fell back from the slap.He felt the pain and anguish that went into it.He had a huge red mark on his face.It burned with hatred.He went to put his hand to his face but the hug stop him.He looked at her with a sadness in her eyes.“I-I...."

Edhel Tari

Slowly pulling away from him, she turned her back to wipe the tiny tears that had escaped.  Waving her hand in the air, she told him,  "Nevermind, its alright.  Really, just forget I said anything."  She straightened her back and turned with a smile..."Just the shock of seeing you again is all."  She shrugged.  And it was definitely a shock.  She never expected to see him, much less run into him again.

Feeling a bit awkward at the moment, she looked at the ground and shifted her weight a bit, before looking up quickly with a half smile.  "So you've been doing some serious work,  I see.  That's impressive, when you aren't using it to pick up girls."  She chuckled.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“Urge only this one time Ive used it.I wasnt sure if it was you or not so I ran it throught a citizens database."he said as he rubbed his face.He looke her up and down and smiles.“You lool completely stunning Beth.What have you been doing?"

Edhel Tari

Hearing Virgil's explanation, she just gave a small nod and a shrug of her shoulder.  "Let's just let that go.  Now that I realize who you are, I'm not angry anymore."  But when he commented on her looks, she smile, looking down at the ground again.  'Same old Virgil.'  She thought to herself. 

"I work in the law offices of Munger, Tolles & Olson, one of the largest firms in New York.  I acquired an internship there for the summer, hopefully it will build into something more.  And you?"  She asked, really getting a good look at him.  He had always been one of the more handsome boys in the town they grew up.  But now, somehow he had enhanced those qualities.  He could've been a movie star.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“If you really want to know what I do I cant tell you here."he whispered quietly.He began to write down a address on a piece of paper.It was to the busiest hotel in New York.He put the paper in her hand and held it for awhile.“I cant tell you here.Too many eyes.Head here.I'll send a limo for you.Wear something sexy."he said with a smile.“Not that anything you dont wear would be sexy."he said“Stay at your house.The limo will get you."

Edhel Tari

Virgil was being very mysterious suddenly, as he placed a piece of paper into her hands, holding it there for a moment.   Beth thought this had to be another of his games.  "Alright Double 07, whatever you say."  She giggled, putting the note into her jean's pocket.  "So, should I leave now?"  Trying to know when the game would begin.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

When she said 007 she had no clue.Night time omes around.

Edhel Tari

Beth was at home getting ready.  Having taken a shower, she took great care with her appearance.   Virgil could be so elaborate with his games.  But she was willing to play her part, whatever that must be.  But he did ask her to dress sexy, she hoped he would approve of her choice.  Looking at herself in the mirror, she gave herself the once over before standing and walking into the living room, just as the limo arrived.  She buzzed the driver in, as she picking up her evening bag and walking down the stair.  The look on the driver's face told her everything she needed to know. 

The Driver opened the door from her building for her, then quickly reached the limo just ahead of her, opening that with such flair.  Beth smiled, handing him the note with the scribble address on it.  "I believe this is where I'm expected."  Getting into the car, she sat back enjoying the luxury.

(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

The limo driver was a amazing driver.He took every precaution so Beths ride was as comfortable as possible.He drove for abit until he reached the hotel.It was the biggest and most active in the city.He got out and opened the door for her.

Edhel Tari

As Beth was helped out of the cab, she couldn't help but look up at the huge building.  Thanking the driver, she turned and began to walk towards the entrance where a man in a bright red suit waited to open the door for her.  Under her breath she said, "Of course it would be a hotel.  Couldn't be anywhere else.  Now I know why he wanted me to dress sexy."  She smirked, but giving the doorman a smile as she entered wondering.."Now what do I do?"
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

The doorman smiled and pointed her towards the check in counter.“State your name at the deask and you'll be assisted.

Edhel Tari

Beth glanced behind her, realizing the doorman was standing there with the door open.  "Thank you, I will."  She smiled warmly to him and his help.  Walking over to the desk, she waiting a few seconds for someone to ask if they could help her.  "Yes,  my name is Beth Ryan, and I think I am expected?"
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“Umm yes a Mr Virgil Fenix is expecting you.Top floor,room 569.On your right."

Edhel Tari

The number 569 was repeated in her head as she thanked the clerk and headed for the elevator.  Pushing the button, the doors opened immediately and she stepped in, pushing the 5th floor.  Before long, they re-opened onto a long hallways going going straight ahead and one off to the left.  Walking straight ahead, she came to the first door, "Hmm, number 560."  Slowly she walked down to the nineth door and knocked.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

Virgil opened the door.He wore a black suit jacket,pants,and shoes.He had on a red tie with a matching vest.He smiled and opened his arms in a embrace as the words breathlessly escaped his lips.“Beth...."

Edhel Tari

Virgil looked very nice standing there in the open door.  When he approached her for a hug, she, of course, hugged him back.  "Hello, Virgil, I hope I'm on time."  She said entering the room.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He smiled as she hugged him back.She always felt so warm.He wanted to hold her forever.“Yes you are and damn you look amazing."he said as he looked her up and down.

Edhel Tari

"Why thank you, Virgil."  She said pleased that he liked how she looked.  Glancing around the room she asked, "Are you going to tell me why you asked me here tonight?  And why you have been so mysterious?"  She spun around towards him, waiting for the next phase of this joke of his.
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

He walked around in the huge penthouse suite,unsure of what to say or even how to begin.“Well that depends.What do you want to know first.

Edhel Tari

Even though he hadn't asked her to sit down, she walked over to his luxurious couch, sat down and crossed her leg, putting her purse down beside her.  "Just start at the beginning, I've heard that is the best place."
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“Hmmm well the beginning huh?Remember when I was shipped out to South Africa for investigation.Remember the plane the supposedly blew up while I was in there?Never happened.All a lie.I never even left the country,let alone the state for that matter."

Edhel Tari

Beth shifted in her seat, not sure she was going to like the rest of it, since the first part rather made her upset.  He disappears without a word.  They had talked about love and a future and one day out of the blue he just disappears, all the while living right there in the states and never once thinking about her or how she would feel?  "Go on."
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“Well I was recruited for a Level S military organization."

Edhel Tari

(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“And I couldnt tell you I was alive."

Edhel Tari

Beth just stared are him.  He was barely answering anything.  And his replies were so short...she wondered if he was just trying to unnerve her.  But she kept her anger in check as she asked the one question left on her mind.  "So what is so different now that you can reveal yourself to me?"
(Shakespeare)

Kaiser Maverick

“Ok I could be killied fr this Im a......spy.As in guns,gadgets the works."