News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

someone will be happy, the pats just got pawned.

Revolverman

MagicalPen

Everyone can laugh at the PATS this week. They got rolled by the DOLPHINS! AT HOME!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Heika Kinzoku

Quote from: MagicalPen on September 21, 2008, 07:34:00 PM
Everyone can laugh at the PATS this week. They got rolled by the DOLPHINS! AT HOME!

Hey, Porter said it would happen. And no one believe him! [grins]

I'm telling you. The Dolphins are a better team than everyone thinks. And in about eight weeks, everyone's going to be surprised at the number of wins they'll have. They won't win the division, but I bet at the end of the year, they'll be a .500 team. Which is a lot, considering they were 1-15 last year!
"He can be ordinary in the best ways, and still dance like a poet through every word he says." ~ Sara Bareilles

My O/Os

Trieste

I'm pretty sure they didn't take the Dolphins serious enough to actually practice for this game... The pats game today was painful.

And the TD reversal in the first quarter? Even the Miami fans were booing that call. Jesus.

Bayushi

Quote from: MagicalPen on August 08, 2008, 09:25:45 AMWhen you have two matchups against the Dolphins in the season, then you know you're going to win at least 2 games every year :)

Except that the Dolphins just downed the Patriots.... on the road.  :o

And sorry, Jets fans..... was a FUN Monday Night Football game, don't you think?

GO CHARGERS!

CaptainErotica

The refs this year are really stinking up the place. Now I'm not saying my team would have won against the Redskins, because they did make a lot of mistakes and Our D was really not playing well. That and I have no idea what Coach Whiz was thinking by not going for it on 4th and 4 with just over 2 minutes left down by 7.  ???

That all said let's take a look at the terrible referee mistakes. There are two glaring miscalls that totally changed the outcome of the game. First was the delay of game call which cost would have been a TD. The QB swears there was 1 second left on the clock and the coach swears he was watching the clock and about to call a timeout, but the refs blew the play dead with 1 second left. Maybe they are both lying, but I wouldn't think so. If that play stands the game is a tie game 17-17.

The next obvious blown call was on the interception. It was clearly Pass interference, but wasn't called and the pick led to a TD. Take away the Int and who knows what happens maybe we score or maybe not and maybe they still score or maybe not, but if you assume they don't score and we don't score we win 17-10.

How about the double Pass interference call? What is up with that? There is another play during our last drive where Warner was under pressure and tries to dump it off to hightower. There is a picture on the net showing Hightower being drilled while the ball is in the air. should have been pass interference at the least and if he catches that ball we keep possession and a have a Chance to score.

Oh well, it sucks but we are still 2-1. We destroyed the Miamai team that just demolished New England. We dominated a San Fran Team that has scored 30+ points in their last two games. I think we still have a chance to finally have a winning season in the desert.

Go Cards

MagicalPen

The Jets still lack a star-receiver. I mean the big-play making type. Not to mention Brett is learning a brand new system for the fist time in 20 years! Lots of growing pains as far as that goes (as can be seen by the game last night, miscommunications etc). The end of the season will be much better for the Jets, and if Brett hangs around next year, I expect playoffs. This year, not so much.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Trieste

Dude... a guy that's as old as my dad should not be getting tackled by 350-lb 20-year-olds. It just shouldn't happen, man. I think it was a mistake for them, snagging Brett However-You-Spell-It. New system or not, I think he's going to be mediocre at best.

King_Furby

I think he should have just retired like he said he would at one point. he isn't a young thing anymore, it's natural that he isn't going to be as good as he was in the past. the jets just got stomped.

Will

I can't imagine Favre doing all THAT well in NY.  Last year was the best season he'd had in years, and I don't think it had as much to do with him as it did the rest of the team.  Seriously, Ryan Grant came out of nowhere!  Not to mention Greg Jennings is still doing well with the New Kid On the Block.  I'm a Titans fan, but if I had to pick an NFC team, it would definitely be Green Bay.

And I know they got handled by Dallas, but I just really hate Dallas.  And PacMan Jones.  Besides, what does it matter if you can't win a playoff game? ::)
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Heika Kinzoku

Quote from: Trieste on September 23, 2008, 07:38:22 AM
Dude... a guy that's as old as my dad should not be getting tackled by 350-lb 20-year-olds. It just shouldn't happen, man. I think it was a mistake for them, snagging Brett However-You-Spell-It. New system or not, I think he's going to be mediocre at best.

He's lucky as hell he hasn't been snapped like a twig in the past 17 years. He's pushing his luck. Especially moving to a new team, where (if it's as difficult to learn the system as everyone is suddenly saying) he's going to be taking a lot of hits. He's not in shame, since he missed all the offseason, too. So it's going to take a while before he's ... up to his usual standard. Which has been getting lower every year recently.

Quote from: Will1984 on September 23, 2008, 08:58:44 PM
I can't imagine Favre doing all THAT well in NY.  Last year was the best season he'd had in years, and I don't think it had as much to do with him as it did the rest of the team.  Seriously, Ryan Grant came out of nowhere!  Not to mention Greg Jennings is still doing well with the New Kid On the Block.  I'm a Titans fan, but if I had to pick an NFC team, it would definitely be Green Bay.

And I know they got handled by Dallas, but I just really hate Dallas.  And PacMan Jones.  Besides, what does it matter if you can't win a playoff game? ::)

Can't win a playoff game--but tied for most Super Bowl wins ever? [winks] Every year is a new year! We'll see!!
"He can be ordinary in the best ways, and still dance like a poet through every word he says." ~ Sara Bareilles

My O/Os

Will

My Titans have a 2 game lead over the Jags AND the Colts! ;D Woo-hoo!  *does his end-zone dance*

- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

Oregon State is beating USC at the half

Which means:  The Beavers are beating the Trojans.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Heika Kinzoku

Quote from: Oniya on September 25, 2008, 09:10:48 PM
Oregon State is beating USC at the half

Which means:  The Beavers are beating the Trojans.

They're MORE than beating them. The Beavers are manhandling the Trojans. [winks]

My O/Os

Oniya

Quote from: Heika Kinzoku on September 25, 2008, 09:34:10 PM
They're MORE than beating them. The Beavers are manhandling the Trojans. [winks]

Or as ESPN put it - Beavers trap Trojans.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

King_Furby

Come on bears you need a win.

Go Bears, beat the eagles.

Caity

How about Favre today?  Played like a young pup, if I'm not mistaken.  *laughs*  Career high and all that jazz.  Looks like he might have a few records left in him. 

*lovesmesomeBrettFavre*

Oniya

There's nothing like a veteran with something to prove.  The guys that caused Bledsoe to come off the bench last year learned that.

MagicalPen

Yep, Favre tied the 6-TD in a game Jets record, helped score team record 32 pts in one quarter, and threw for a career best 6TDs...hasn't thrown 5TD's in one game in 10 years. Then again, Cardinals are a pretty crap team, and I would have liked to see that 31 pt halftime lead hold up. :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Will

I really thought Favre should have stayed retired, but...It's looking like he might make me eat my words.  Of course, he does have the all-time interception record to go with touchdowns, etc., and he's prone to making the big mistake at the wrong time, so I really doubt he'll make it to the Super Bowl.  He's always been an all-or-nothing type of player.  He tries to force a lot of throws, and you end up with a 6 TD game or an ugly loss; that kind of inconsistency just doesn't translate to the playoffs very well.  That being said, I hope he does well-I mean, he is a legend-but he's in the same conference as the Titans, so screw him. :P

- Jack Kerouac

Oniya

My husband's with you, Will - but he hates the Jets in general.  We follow three teams - Dallas (which drives my mother in DC crazy), New England (he's from Boston, it's genetic), and New Orleans (a friend of ours claimed he would only watch the Super Bowl if the Saints were playing.)

Makes for some interesting weekends.

Will

Quote from: Oniya on September 29, 2008, 09:17:37 AM
Makes for some interesting weekends.

Sounds like it!  Saints=Pretty cool, I like to see them when their offense is clicking.  Dallas=ugh.  I don't like anybody on that team. :P  Although I still laugh when I see Terrell Owens crying.  "That's my quarterback, man..."  And I'm not even going to say anything about New England; I feel bad for them, and I didn't even think that was possible.

I've been a Titans fan for a while, and I usually pick a different NFC team every year.  I decided to root for the Packers this season.

- Jack Kerouac

King_Furby

I like how the Bills are doing so well this season.

MagicalPen

It won't last, but I think it will get them into the playoffs. Where the Bills will be the Bills and will get romped. Its a toss up between all 4 at the moment, lol. (Jets/Pats/Fins/Bills)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry