Supernatural: Legacy interest check (full)

Started by Landshark, July 01, 2016, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landshark

And so it came to be that the world of man was once again left to its own devices. The angels had retreated to heaven, closing its doors but allowing the dead to pass inside. The demons, once again under the rule of Crowley, fled back to hell to rebuild their numbers and for Crowley to build a new foundation from which to rule. Over the previous years the number of hunters had been decimated both through the natural dangers of their profession and their targeted destruction from multiple enemies. The world, though safe from the apocalyptic terrors it had been facing, is now left vulnerable to the creatures of the night. What is even more troublesome is that in the few years following the retreat of angels and demons, earths greatest unsung heroes have disappeared. The Winchesters, Sam and Dean, are missing. Call them what you will, heroes, villains, psychopaths, outlaws or fools they were the strongest line of defense in the war against the enemies of man.

Ok so this will be my first attempt at running a game on E, so please be patient with me.

As it says above, its been 3 years since the boys disappeared. The year is 2019 and everything is canon up to the last season. So FYI there WILL be spoilers if your not caught up. This will be a story driven sandbox game. You'll get job hints and such.

If this gets proper interest, here is what you'll need to know.
The need to know tuff:
Im looking for a small group 3-6 players (it will not be first come first serve)
Humans only! this is non-negotiable. (No werewolves, vamps, witches, prophets, 1/2 whatevers)
No canon characters. They will be NPC's only
No sons/daughters of canon characters.
Characters must be at least 18 years old
You will all be new to hunting. This doesn't mean your dumb or unskilled just haven't had the opportunity to test yourself in the field as of yet.

I really hope this gets interest as I've been wanting to run this for a while now. Please feel free to ask away with any question you may have :)

Vampyre Valkyrie

“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Lustful Bride

Somewhat interested. The show lost me in the last two seasons but this looks interesting.

Though I might wait and see how it goes fist.

Landshark

I can see why that happened. Over the years it lost me a few times as well. Thankfully im just using their universe and nothing else. There will be an over riding story arch once players are rolling and things seem smooth in the group. Until then im looking at the classic "Monster of the week" style play.

zenpai

what about the  Frankenstein family there human. but with added parts to make the stronger, faster and have more endurance.   
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Landshark

Hmmm valid point. I would allow a member of the Stein family but they would have one or 2 upgrades at best and would need a good back story as to why they are hunting instead of trying to reserect the family line or handling the families extensive resources. Like an outcast maybe that had a change of heart...haha change of heart get it?!

Argent

I am definitely interested!

My first thought is a guy who (at least to start with) is more on the level of the Ghostfacers than an actual competent and well-informed hunter.

Because hey, everybody else has to have somebody to rescue now and again.

Bibliophilia

-wriggles.-  I so wanna play a female hunter all Annie Oakley-style from Montana.

Landshark

Quote from: Argent on July 04, 2016, 02:14:31 AM

My first thought is a guy who (at least to start with) is more on the level of the Ghostfacers than an actual competent and well-informed hunter.

Excelent! Totally doable. The idea if for the characters to be fairly new to the business. Think first few seasons where Sam is having to play catch up. Plus theres always room for a Ghostfacer like character. Theres plenty of similar characters in the show such as the GF themselves, Charlie, Ed, Bobby to some extent, Kevin, Ash and the list goes on. Researchers/techies are a must especially for a hunting group. :)

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 04, 2016, 03:12:56 AM
-wriggles.-  I so wanna play a female hunter all Annie Oakley-style from Montana.

Once again a totally doable idea. Sharpshooting female hunter!

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Argent on July 04, 2016, 02:14:31 AM

Pardon me while I turn on my ringtone and jam out to the Ghostfacers theme!!!! This excites me!

|

Landshark

Ok since i got a handful of interested people im gonna drop some more info on ya so you can round out any character ideas and such.

Its been three years since anyone has seen the boys and the monsters have taken note of their absence, as well as that of the other hunters. What few hunters remain are working around the clock and usually out matched. It is in this vacuum that a strange book begins to appear around the world. A large yet simple tome written as if by an all seeing being, The Winchester Gospel. It tells of the Winchester family leading back generations and what came to be of them and their kin. How in the end the boys saved the world they themselves had brought to the brink of destruction. Yet the tome is not just a narrative, it is in fact a guide book to those who would take up the mantle of hunter. A call to arms, if you will, urging a new generation to step up and do their part.

You are not required to have used, seen or even heard of the book its just a little something extra for characters to use if they so want.

Ok Character sheet:

Name:
Personality:

Appearance:

Main skills: (List 3, that are non-combat related. Ie.. computers, auto repair, research)
Combat preference: (Whats your go to for fighting? fist, knife, gun etc.. someone else whos good with one of those :P)
Background: (at least 2-3 paragraphs please)
Equipment: (Weapons, books, computers, # of phones, # fake ID's, vehicle ect... Keep in mind your fairly new so you wont have an arsenal)
Face Claim:
Theme Song: (It is supernatural after all. Gotta have a cool song!)
On/Off: (Game is not geared toward sex but if it happens you gotta "be prepared", as Dean would say.)

I think thats it. If i missed anything lemme know.

Landshark

Heres your first NPC
CS is vague in areas because hes an NPC

Name: Sean

Personality: Sean is a bit of an enigma. One minute he is a hard ass hunter type which then shifts to studious researcher or half aware and blunt. Depending on who you speak to he is described as anything from awesome friend to total asshole. Regardless of what he seems to be to whom there is one thing that is without a doubt. He believes in what he does and does it at an elite level.

Appearance: Sean usually dressing in fine button up shirts but covers them with jackets that usually don’t fit the feel of a dress shirt. His long hair is always loose and he tends to always have a five o’clock shadow somehow.

Main skills: Occult knowledge, Driving, intimidation
Combat preference: Depends on who you talk to
Background:
Sean appeared out of nowhere about 2 years ago. Since then he has been seen all over the country, popping up here and there to take care of a problem. Oddly he has never been known to work alone. He always seems to show up on someone else’s job offering to help them out. This has earned him a reputation as a god send and a job stealing dick. Sean is never one to talk about himself and once the job is done he is on his way never bothering to hang around to talk shop or clean up.
More than one hunter has found their way into the life due to coaxing from Sean and now there are many who both blame and praise him for giving them that push.
Equipment: A Colt 1911, a strange blade that hurts most creatures, cell phone, holy water in a whiskey flask. Sometimes he is seen driving an old Lincoln town car.  He seems to have an extensive collection of lore books as well as supernatural fighting ingredients which he always seems to have the right thing for at the time.
Face Claim: Misha Collins
Theme Song:

CurvyKitten

Is it ok to reference characters from the show in your BG? Like if I say my character had a run in with like Bobby before he died is that ok?

Bibliophilia

Name: Talia Dawson

Personality:  Talia is a consummate professional, but she's also a little crazy.  One minute she's focused intently on mapping out a strategy for handling the situation, and revealing the keen strategic workings of her mind, and the next she's reacting to a kink in the plan by going in balls-to-the-wall, utterly fearless, as if she had swapped pragmatism for idealism(or straight up recklessness).  Her first choice, if she has one, always revolves around solid tactics and teamwork, but she knows that rarely do things work out how one had hoped, and in that situation anyone hoping to save their ass, and the asses of their partners, better know how to abandon the plan and work on instinct.  When she's not working, she plays with the same intensity that she brings to her work, knowing that the life of a hunter, even the best, isn't a long one.  She loves to drink, play pool, smoke weed, crack jokes, eat and fuck.  She's determined to cram as much living into every waking hour as humanly possible, and doesn't much give a damn about conventional morals or societal expectations.

Appearance:  Others are often surprised by Talia's appearance upon first meeting her.  She stands only 5'5" barefoot, and looks like she weighs maybe a hundred pounds soaking wet.  On top of that, she refuses to sacrifice femininity for the sake of her work.  Luckily, her brand of femininity is far from high-maintenance, so even when she takes the time to put on make-up and dress fashionably, she doesn't take long to do it or forget that at any given moment she might need to chase down a monster or crawl around in a drainage pipe.  Her thick, golden-brown hair is cut in a carefree style that doesn't require much in the way of fussing, and her daily beauty routine involves a ten minute shower, five minute face and a duffle of easy-to-wear separates that all work together and look damn good.  Her shoes generally add a couple of inches to her height, though they're all either boots or wedges, and the heels only come out when she has to go undercover.

Main skills:  Sharpshooter, tactician, medical skills.

Combat preference:  Guns and Crossbows | Judo

Background:  Talia was raised on a horse ranch in Montana, and up until about three years ago, she lived the life of a typical girl from a small town in horse country.  She was a good student, a cheerleader, popular in high school and determined to become a large animal surgeon.  After graduating high school, she moved away from home to attend college for her veterinary degree, but only a few months into her surgical internship, she was called home by a tragedy on the ranch.  Her father, younger brother and all the horses had been killed by what the local cops called a 'psycho Satan-worshiping murder cult'.  They likened the travesty to the work of Charles Manson and his 'family', positing that it must have taken the group at least a full week to wreak the havoc that they had perpetrated.  In the end, the police had no idea how to handle the devastation of a family and over twenty horses slaughtered right under their noses.

Talia took time off to deal with the fact that she had lost everything in her life in such a short amount of time.  Or at least, that's what she said.  She knew the local cops, and even the state police, had no idea what the hell they were dealing with, and would rather fob it off on 'random psychos', than try to handle a case that was utterly beyond them.  So, Talia began to do some investigating on her own, looking into the details of the deaths in a way that broke her heart and helped her learn to harden herself to the pain.  There was a lot to the case that didn't make sense, at least not any sort of logical sense that she could fathom from her previous knowledge and experience of the world.  The bodies were torn apart, human and horse parts scattered like breadcrumbs all over the ranch and the surrounding area.  But, despite all that, the only missing parts, in every instance, were the hearts.  The coroner had also noted that he believed wild animals had been at the body parts, as they had claw marks and bite marks, which he attributed to dogs, wolves or some sort of big cat.  This made even less sense to Talia, since she knew that scavengers would often have carried the parts away, and definitely wouldn't have left all the organs and flesh, except the hearts, behind.  She managed to sneak into the coroner's office and examine the remains of her father and brother and, despite the hollow well in her stomach and the whirlwind of emotion that threatened to overcome her, determined herself that the claw and bite marks didn't match any animal she recognized.  Same went for the hair that had been recovered by the police.

From there, it didn't take long for her to begin delving into the more fantastical explanations for her family's deaths, which eventually led her to a book, discovered in a used bookstore in Billings.  Everything she'd discovered made it impossible for her to dismiss the book, as she might once have, as pure fiction.  In fact, it was where she confirmed the conclusion she had reached through her research, that her family and their horses had been killed by werewolves, though she wasn't sure how many.  She suspected it was more than two and less than five, but she had no way of confirming her suspicions.  The book was what truly set her on the path of the hunter, though she started out the gate with a lead, since she had been shooting guns, and crossbows, since she was a child, and competed in several sharpshooting and crossbow contests in junior high and high school.  In her effort to find the monsters that murdered her family, she has worked a few jobs, finding a natural taste and skill for the work.

Equipment:  Barnett Ghost 410 Crossbow, Remington 870 Shotgun (Sawed-Off), Smith and Wesson Model 629 | Burner cell, fake IDs, emergency surgical kit | Black 1968 Ford Truck

Face Claim:  Barbara Palvin

Theme Song:

On/Off:  Biblio's O&Os

Landshark

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 04, 2016, 11:54:43 AM
Is it ok to reference characters from the show in your BG? Like if I say my character had a run in with like Bobby before he died is that ok?

That's fine just please don't make him a major part of your background . A meeting or getting some info from him is fine just nothing like you stayed at his house for a while or he thought of you as the daughter he never had, stuff like that.

Bibliophilia:
Sheet looks good. Am I correct in assuming the book she found is "The Winchester Gospel"? Which BTW I just realised I hadn't mentioned its name earlier duurrr bad gm.

CurvyKitten

Oh no, nothing that linked. I mean he is going to have an impact. But he was in and out of her history pretty quick. That was kind of the problem LOL. You know I was actually almost done when suddenly I changed on detail and my whole concept shifted. Now I have to start over LOL

Landshark

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 04, 2016, 05:54:07 PM
Oh no, nothing that linked. I mean he is going to have an impact. But he was in and out of her history pretty quick. That was kind of the problem LOL. You know I was actually almost done when suddenly I changed on detail and my whole concept shifted. Now I have to start over LOL

OK that should work. Don't ya hate it when you think you got everything worked out but then you get a better idea.

Also everyone feel free to insert Sean in your BS as long as its been in the last 2 years.

BTW I got your first job hook already worked out for you all :D.   >:)

Vampyre Valkyrie

I really need to get on this sheet making thing LOL!

|

Bibliophilia

-giggles.-  Yes, Landshark, that's the book.  I didn't name it, because, of course, you hadn't named it in your post.  I can go back and add the name in, though, if that would clear things up.

Vergil1989

I haven't watched Supernatural since the Leviathans were dealt with, so that was some seasons ago.  That said, I'm already loving the line up I'm seeing here, and I'd be interested in giving this a shot.  Not sure on a concept yet, but it's past midnight and we just got back from fireworks, so the old muse is currently asleep lol.  That aside, I'm all for this, so I'll sleep on it and get back to ya.  Guess I'll have to dig out my stuff on this awesome show again, hehe.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Vergil1989 on July 05, 2016, 12:45:16 AM
I haven't watched Supernatural since the Leviathans were dealt with, so that was some seasons ago.  That said, I'm already loving the line up I'm seeing here, and I'd be interested in giving this a shot.  Not sure on a concept yet, but it's past midnight and we just got back from fireworks, so the old muse is currently asleep lol.  That aside, I'm all for this, so I'll sleep on it and get back to ya.  Guess I'll have to dig out my stuff on this awesome show again, hehe.

HOLY CRAP!!!! *Hugs Vergil* I haven't seen you since shortly after you played Sam in Fandomverse!!!!! *Squees*

Tomorrow is so gonna be a sheet making day for me...For now, sleep....cause yeah. I'm tuckered out from today too!!!

|

Vergil1989

Lol happy to see you too Vamp, it has been an awfully long time hasn't it?  Still, I'm happy to see ya, and to be playing with you again.  See you on that open road soon enough my friends.

Hmmm...would you be against teaming up with my gal I plan to put together?  We can talk ideas when you've had some sleep, but I just thought I'd ask if you'd want to know someone right from the get go.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: Vergil1989 on July 05, 2016, 12:53:22 AM
Lol happy to see you too Vamp, it has been an awfully long time hasn't it?  Still, I'm happy to see ya, and to be playing with you again.  See you on that open road soon enough my friends.

Hmmm...would you be against teaming up with my gal I plan to put together?  We can talk ideas when you've had some sleep, but I just thought I'd ask if you'd want to know someone right from the get go.

Message me in the morning! It'll be nice to get the old Winchester gang back together (Since our Dean from Fandomverse is the one who is running! LOL.)

More than willing to at least talk about it! Until then, sleep well!!!

|

Vergil1989

Cool beans!  But yeah, you too Vamp.

Argent

Name: Jeffrey Alexander Brown (Jeff)

Personality: Imagine a slightly fey chipmunk who has had way too much coffee. That’s Jeff when he’s excited or agitated. When he’s more downbeat, chemically altered or otherwise chill, he’s sardonic, sarcastic and a little socially challenged. Jeff is, well, he’s not going to break a lot of stereotypes about nerd personalities, other than being in fairly good shape and a big fan of regular hygiene. Actually, he kind of hates getting dirty, messy or otherwise disheveled, but he tries to hide it because somebody called him prissy once in 7th grade.

He’s a true believer in the supernatural and the weird, even though he hasn’t really found it himself yet. The idea that the world is bigger, stranger and scarier than most people know is important to him, almost sacred. Unfortunately, that fascination will probably result in him making the occasionally really stupid move, like trying to actually interview a vampire. You know, for the irony. (And the knowledge.)

Appearance: Jeff is a wee little man. Slightly scruffy to make up for that and butch up his features because without a few days worth of stubble, he looks like he’s a high school freshman, much to his annoyance. Despite being small-framed and short (probably about 5’6” in his socks), he’s physically fit. His usual dress sense involves novelty t-shirts, blue jeans, Vans, a button down shirt or hoodie if it’s cooler and an oversized messenger bag stuffed with his toys. Er … research devices.

Main skills: Computers, Electronics, Paranormal Trivia

Combat preference: Hiding behind his camera and screaming like an eight year old girl. While still filming. If he absolutely must, he has an aluminum softball bat or will improvise something to use as a makeshift club or something. It is extremely inadvisable to trust Jeff with firearms. Extremely.

Background: Jeff Brown was born to a quiet, unassuming family in a moderately middle-classed suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. One of three children, his childhood is marked by an absolute absence of what most people would think of as trauma. His parents (Bob and Jolene Brown) are good, hard-working people who are both still alive and well (and thanks to Pilates DVDs, getting fitter every day, thank you very much). His two sisters, Brenda and Jane, are happily married and working on careers of their own. His house didn't burn down. Werewolves didn't eat his dog. Vampires never visited his school and Bigfoot, alas, steadfastly refused to appear and kidnap Julie Schwartz, his childhood best friend. So, like many kids with a great life, he went looking for the spooky and supernatural.

Despite his best efforts, he never quite found it. Running around the neighborhood with a cross and mirror didn't uncover any vampires, even when he shoved both at unsuspecting neighbors. It did, however, provoke a long talk about cultural sensitivity from Julie's dad. Likewise, neither jabbing people with his grandmother's silver hat pin nor squirting them with garlic juice accomplished much beyond getting him suspended from grade school and a politely worded note from his principal suggesting therapy.

A killer combination of puberty, social pressure and introversion brought on by those two things made the early part of Jeff's teens pretty rough. He still had all the passion and belief for the supernatural he had before but was now mostly introverted, sharing his thoughts and doing research only on the Internet, in obscure chat rooms and on fringe blogs and IRC channels. His parents worried, but beyond forcing him to stay active by various activities (including karate classes at a local strip mall and swimming classes at the local youth center), they generally let him work his way through things.

Jeff managed to get hooked into the edge of real supernatural hunter society when a couple of (scary) guys asked him for help setting up some digital equipment for tracking something with body heat but no body. Slowly but surely, he’s been working his way into hunter circles, not really one of them yet, but even more useful than he is annoying, at times. Of course, this has required him to recently drop out of college, something he hasn’t told his parents yet. Any day now. Seriously. Maybe after he gets a book deal.

Equipment: Several digital recorders, Galaxy S7 (thanks Nana Brown!), two laptops, a butload of cheap infrared and low-light wireless cameras and other electronic/computer gear. One (slightly dented) aluminum baseball bat, one harvest gold and midnight blue 2004 Kia Sedona with Ohio vanity plates reading TARDIS (when your parents give you their old car you have to something to make it cool).

Face Claim:Nathan Kress

Theme Song: 21st Century Digital Boy - Bad Religion

On/Off: Argent's O and Os