You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

August 17, 2018, 01:56:35 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Introducing... me ^_^  (Read 84 times)

Offline pandaliciousTopic starter

Introducing... me ^_^
« on: August 11, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »
Required Questions:
These questions must be answered to start your application

1.    Tell us how you found us, please? A link from another site, another member, a search engine phrase, etcetera.
            I was shown this site by a friend   

2.    Confirmation that you understand our rules. You are responsible for bringing up any questions if you do not understand our rules, so please note any on which you need clarification here.
            I would like a little clarification on whether or not I can link to an image of an underage character, if it is in the non-adult roleplaying section? I get that I am not allowed to embed this kind of picture at all, but find it a little unclear if I can link to it. Other that that I understand the rules.

3.    A confirmation that you are over eighteen (18) years of age. You don't need to give your birth date, however we do need a clear statement that you are of age.
           I am more than 18 years old and have been for a few years.

4.    Your native language(s) and what region you are from. List your primary language first and include all others in order of fluency. Elliquiy is an English speaking community but it is also a global one.  We welcome members from all over the world, and we love to know where our members hail from.
            I speak Danish as my native language, and am fluid in English, although my grammar/spelling might not always be correct.

5.    What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy, and what aspects of our community are you interested in? What do you look for in an on-line community in general, and a role-playing community specifically? Please be descriptive. Elliquiy isn’t just an adult roleplaying site: we have forums for storytelling, poetry, and art; places to socialize with other members; areas to discuss politics and religion; and so much more! You can check out our Preview of Elliquiy to get an idea of what you’ll see as an approved member.
            Primarily I came for the roleplaying, but seeing this is also a place to share stories and poetry, I will definitely use those parts as well.

6.    Are you new to roleplaying? If so, would you like someone to help you get more involved? If not, please tell us a little about your past experiences. Regardless of your experience what are your expectations from a roleplay partner?
           I have roleplayed online before, both adult and non-adult, but mostly on unreliable forums, with flimsy partners. I hope to find roleplayers, who take the plays seriously enough, to use time to be descriptive, and to give notice, if a play must be paused, so that I wont be sitting around, waiting for weeks or months, without knowing.

7.    Elliquiy consists of a wide array of sexualities, personalities and enthusiasts of various kinks. How comfortable are you interacting in such a community?
           I am very comfortable with the wide array of people on here, and am hoping to find some with the same kinks as me

8.    How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters? Please elaborate: do you do this yourself? Would you write with someone who is doing this? If you are transgender or intersex, feel free to adapt this question appropriately.
            As long as it "feels" right in the roleplay and they interact according with their character's gender, I see no problem in this. I have tried "cross-playing" a few times, but it doesn't always feel quite right to me and I may not be good at it.

9.    Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. Fetishes you do not like, styles you cannot appreciate and attitudes that annoy you are all valid answers here.
            A pet peeve of mine, is misuse of contractions like "your/you're", and appreciate to be politely corrected, if I do make any mistakes of that kind.
            A writing style that annoys me, is people writing out both their own and my reactions, and then expecting me to write a long descriptive reply. It feels more like being told a story than roleplaying.

Optional Questions:
As our application process is a chance for us to get to know you better, we've left a few optional questions to get you started.  A member of our Welcoming team will be along soon to continue the process. If you do choose to answer these at a later date, you will need to reply to your introduction thread with a new post, as unapproved applicants cannot edit posts.

A.    Would you like to disclose your gender identity? We do not require our members to reveal their real gender. However, doing so determines your User Group, Badge, and some OOC Boards on Elliquiy. General membership will be processed as Legate - approved members who do not wish to disclose their gender identity, or feel gender is irrelevant. Approved members who have chosen to reveal their gender as a response to this question will be assigned: Lady (for those who identify as female), Liege (A supportive group for individuals who are intersex, do not identify with one singular gender, or who are transitioning), or Lord (for those who identify as male). A full explanation of Elliquiy’s User Group and Badge system can be found here.
            I identify as female

B.    What are some hobbies or activities you particularly enjoy? This can be anything you enjoy in your free time. For example: videogames, sports, cooking, crafts, traveling, reading, etcetera. As a large and diverse community, we often have social areas where our members can talk about their favorite things, so letting us know what you like can better help our Mentors to find boards, threads, or discussions that might interest you!
            I enjoy playing games, both computer/video- and board games, I like sewing and Cosplaying and I love to watch Anime.

C.    What would you do if a writing partner suddenly, and without prior discussion, included one of your major offs in your roleplay?
            I would discuss this with my writing partner, and find a way to move away from that subject.

D.    Please describe your writing style and preferences. Information such as preferred genre, writing perspective (first, second, or third person perspective), setting, and post length are great answers.

E.    Please describe your ideal roleplaying partner and their character.

F.    As part of the application process, our members like asking fun questions of applicants. We want to get to know you and entertain you during your approval process!

F1. Please let us know if you would you prefer: fun/silly questions, writing prompts, both, or neither. If you opt out, our Staff and Mentors will ask you more serious questions about writing and roleplaying instead.
                                          Hit me with all the questions you've got ^_^

F2. If you would like fun questions or a writing prompt, please start by treating the following as either a question, writing prompt, or character building exercise, and remember to keep it PG13: People start waking up with superpowers, but they are mostly useless. For example, the power to be immune to every third bullet, or the power to force people to do the chicken dance whenever the song is played. What would your ‘mostly useless’ power be, and how would you use it?
 I will return to this at a later time, when my brain functions a little more creatively (not in the middle of the night ^_^)

F3. If you prefer no crazy questions or prompts, you can still include a sample of your writing, if you would like; we would love to see your writing style and creativity! As with all areas of Elliquiy you can see right now, please keep your writing sample PG13.

G.    Do you have any questions of us? If you have any questions or desires of us in a more direct fashion, please feel free to let us know.

Offline RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination ❣ Taster of the Apple
  • Oracle
  • Addict
  • Will I ever be more than I've always been?
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Introducing... me ^_^
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 05:07:50 PM »
So many highfives for cosplaying as a hobby :-) I am not as serious about it as some of my friends, but even I'm starting to feel the crunch for a convention at the end of the month.  Since you're open to questions I have to ask:  What was your favorite Halloween or cosplay costume from years past? If money and time were not a consideration what would be your ‘dream’ costume.  Thanks and good luck with your approval!

Offline Justric

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »
Greetings, pandalicious, and welcome to Elliquiy!

I'm Justric, one of the mentors here at E. Thanks for taking the time to complete the questionnaire. This helps us get to know you better while the approval process takes place. Now, it can take up to a minimum of 24-48 hours for the application to be processed and up to a week or longer, though approval is never guaranteed. For more information about the approval process, you can go here.

While your application is being processed, we'd like to encourage you to socialize and explore the aspects of E available to you. I’ve taken the liberty to include links to some of the places you can go and meet new people so that you can begin to familiarize yourself with some of the community on the site. Forgive the cut-n-paste; it saves a bit of time, is all.

• The Doormat is a lovely hangout where you can enjoy socializing with other applicants and members of E.
  • Forum Games is a great way to meet new people and enjoy some casual word games all at the same time!
  • The ShoutBox is wonderful for realtime chat with other applicants and members.  Please read the rules before joining in, though.
  • And to get you started in finding roleplay connections, check out the Non-Adult Role Plays section. As well, the Word of the Day thread is a great way to test your hand at writing challenges.

Please remember to keep all of your posts in these threads PG-13, including in your introduction thread and any images you wish to share. All the boards you can access are public and therefore, anyone can access them as well. Please keep excessive violence, explicit language, and substance abuse to a minimum. No sexual content allowed, however slight nudity is permitted. Please, do not post any personal information in any to these threads either.

I hope you find the approval process entertaining! Remember to check your thread regularly to answer any new questions that have been left for you, and also to chat with all of the folks who are just swinging by to say 'Hello!' And if you have any questions for us? We'll be glad to answer!

Now, let's get the ball rolling!

Do you use pictures or art as inspiration in your roleplays? Why or why not?

I look forward to your reply and good luck! 

~ Justric

Offline GanonDwarf

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 07:29:39 PM »
Welcome!

What's your favorite anime?

Offline Flower

• Rumple || Critter || Hyacinth Forever Dancing
  • Mentor
  • Carnite
  • Let the Music Play || You Can Dance If You Want To
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 08:05:51 PM »
Hey Panda! Adorable name, by the way. Welcome to Elliquiy! :) I'm glad your friend showed you the way to our little corner of the internet. I see you already have a few questions so I won't add another to a pile. For now, good luck and I'll drop by later.