[Pantheon] Magic, Monsters & Guns - Deep Plot - 4 Slots

Started by Wispyr, June 30, 2016, 05:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Person On A Computer

Still interested!  Just battling it out with my mind to figure out how to make that original Overdrive I submitted more workable for the game.

AribethAmkiir

Posting my interest.  Planning to create a concept that would be a good fit for the "Bruiser" suit.

Wispyr

Quote from: A Person On A Computer on July 03, 2016, 03:28:13 PM
Still interested!  Just battling it out with my mind to figure out how to make that original Overdrive I submitted more workable for the game.
Sweet. Glad to hear it.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 03, 2016, 04:36:14 PM
Posting my interest.  Planning to create a concept that would be a good fit for the "Bruiser" suit.
Most excellent! Can't wait to see what you come up with :D

AribethAmkiir

If our characters are supposed to be "largely unaffected by The Rise" does that mean they can't believe that they lost parents, siblings, or other family during that time?  To me, it would seem like the simulation is missing a large opportunity to explain why these characters don't have family they can see.

I mean, if a character believes that their birth parents died during The Rise, they're not going to try to call home.  Whereas, if one of them believes their parents live in Chicago, they might just try to go home and visit.

Amarlo

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 03, 2016, 10:23:26 PM
If our characters are supposed to be "largely unaffected by The Rise" does that mean they can't believe that they lost parents, siblings, or other family during that time?  To me, it would seem like the simulation is missing a large opportunity to explain why these characters don't have family they can see.

I mean, if a character believes that their birth parents died during The Rise, they're not going to try to call home.  Whereas, if one of them believes their parents live in Chicago, they might just try to go home and visit.

Negative. By saying "largely unaffected by The Rise", we mean they didn't experience it personally. Basically they weren't standing out in the open or scavenging through the wastes. They were already safely within the walls of Atlas, cooped away. Naturally they would have lost many friends and family during the events of the Rise in their simulated lives. I can see how that could be easily misconstrued though. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Aida Rose

Does everyone they thought they knew have to be dead? I kinda liked the idea of pining/worrying/etc for someone who never existed.

Amarlo

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 03, 2016, 10:54:30 PM
Does everyone they thought they knew have to be dead? I kinda liked the idea of pining/worrying/etc for someone who never existed.

No, many could be missing or presumed dead. As a matter of fact, I believe there are some people they will already 'know' when they wake up that 'have' worked around them - such as Gabriel. They would have met him in the past and likely worked with them. Although I'd wait for confirmation on that from Wispyr before you take that last part to heart. x3

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

AribethAmkiir

Bah... I'm coming up short on a Overdrive Function... :(

Wispyr

Quote from: Aida Rose on July 03, 2016, 10:54:30 PM
Amarlo was largely correct. It makes sense that their simulated life experience would have shared real individuals with them so that the transition into actual life went more smoothly. As for people from before such as like family and friends, no they need to actually be dead according to their histories - but the assumption is that once they agreed to take on this 'special mission' from Gabriel that they wouldn't be returning to their former lives. So... If in their virtual life they had a lover, for instance, they agreed to give that person up when they went with Gabriel. So they would still think that person was alive, and want them and all... But totally be in a position where they couldn't get back to them. So you should be able to replicate what you're wanting easily enough, yea.

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 03, 2016, 11:56:33 PM
Bah... I'm coming up short on a Overdrive Function... :(
This seems to be a pretty common issue, actually. A couple of key things to remember is that the Overdrive is a "big"effect, but it doesn't need to be catastrophically powerful. An Overdrive could be based off pretty much anything... A 'bruiser' themed Overdrive might be something like:

*Being able to take damage from other suits and apply it to itself, while granting itself greatly increased regeneration for a short time.
*A 'super-saiyan' buff, increasing damage, endurance and speed for a small window of time.
*Damage reflection which trades damage current taken and turns it into an affliction on a target.

Or... Worlds of other stuff. An option is too look at magic in established stuff - look at Dungeons & Dragons spells (probably levels 7 & 8 for an Overdrive) and find something that looks cool and modify it to fit your idea.

AribethAmkiir

Hey, Wispyr or Amarlo, what year is it in game?  I'm thinking maybe 2033, but I think I may've lost a few years there, somewhere.

Just trying to figure it out for my char's history.  Thanks.  :)

Amarlo

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on July 06, 2016, 07:23:43 PM
Hey, Wispyr or Amarlo, what year is it in game?  I'm thinking maybe 2033, but I think I may've lost a few years there, somewhere.

Just trying to figure it out for my char's history.  Thanks.  :)

2037!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

AribethAmkiir