Looking for female writing partner (MUL)

Started by The American Patriot, July 14, 2008, 12:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The American Patriot

Quote from: aviationrox on July 16, 2008, 01:35:31 PM
(Alright, here goes.)

Name:  Daniel "Dan" Howard Thompson

Appearance:  Brown hair and eyes, athletic build. 

Religion: Catholic

Marital Status: Single

Specialization:  Long-range marksmanship and observation.

Gear:  Standard pack, ammunition, camouflage fatigues (both urban and outdoor configurations), 2 grenades, canteen, survival equipment, a pocket Bible, and a prayer card of Saint George.

Weapons:  Colt M16 semi-automatic 5.56mm marksman rifle, fitted with a standard sniping scope.  Carries a Beretta 9mm handgun as a back-up.

Background:  Born in Waukesha Wisconsin, Daniel was raised on a family farm with a mother, father, and two older sisters.  He excelled in school, consistently placing highly in his classes.  During high school, he discovered competitive shooting, and was a member of the state rifle team, placing second at the national championships.  He enlisted in the military about 3 months after graduating high school, and is now considering a career in the armed forces.

Your character is gonna be in 3rd Squad... you'll be flying in on the blackhawk along with the other new recuirts and replacements that are heading to Camp Angel.

a couple of other questions for your character... how tall is he? how much does he weight? does he smoke?

we'll be starting the game pretty soon (possibly tonight). I've been trying to find a picture/map that would work for Camp Angel. but i'm not gonna let that stop me form getting this started.

Sagittary, have you given any thought as what is your character's name going to be?
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

Avi

Dan is about 6 feet tall, and weighs 175 pounds.  He's built more for speed than power.  He is not a smoker, though he doesn't mind having a beer or two with friends.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

The American Patriot

Quote from: aviationrox on July 16, 2008, 02:03:36 PM
Dan is about 6 feet tall, and weighs 175 pounds.  He's built more for speed than power.  He is not a smoker, though he doesn't mind having a beer or two with friends.

good.. does PFC Thompson have any hobbies outside competion shooting?

this is the thread for the game...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=18399.msg715667#msg715667
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Avi

Quote from: patriot1971 on July 16, 2008, 02:12:22 PM
good.. does PFC Thompson have any hobbies outside competition shooting?

Not really, actually.  He's a quiet guy, spends a lot of time reading his bible and writing home to family and friends.  He played soccer during high school, but nothing ever really came of it.

Do you want me to just get the game rolling, then?  Or shall I wait for one of the two lovely ladies to kick us off? :)

The American Patriot

Well, if you like.. I planned on the game starting with the PCs arriving at Camp Angel via a Blackhawk heliocopter taking them form the Airport in Bogata to their base just south of the Columbian capitol. All of the men and women who are flying in the helio are replacements for personnel injuried during the recent fighting against a much better organized FARC insurgency. It's only a matter of time before Venezeula openly declares war on Columbia, the United States and their allies.

2LT (Sagittary), the new commander of 3rd Platoon, Baker Company, 3rd-511th Infantry Regiment (Parachute).
PV2 Kat Thomas (RogueJedi), new rifleman in 3rd Squad of 3rd Platoon, Baker Company.
PFC Dan Thompson (aviationrox), new rifleman in 3rd Squad of 3rd Platoon, Baker Company.
SPC Jessica Larson, a Military Policewoman.
SSG Samuel Howard, the new Squad Leader for the 2nd Squad of 1st Platoon, Charlie Company.
SGT Dana Vincent, a Combat Field Medic.
CW3 Chrisitan Speight (patriot1971), reading a magazine and the only identification on his ACUs is a name tab and rank insigia tab.

Avi

You're running the game, so it's up to you. :)  I'll just get going whenever it's appropriate.

The American Patriot

Well, if you want to get started now, we can. the ladies can make their posts as soon as they are able to.

The tension should be considered thick in the air... a simple peacekeeping action in Columbia is very close to becoming a full blown war, since Venzeuela has been making alot of noise about the presence of American and other European powers putting miltiary assets into Columbia. The week before the arrival of the PCs, a well-known Democratic US Congressman and his family were murdered onboard their yatch during a cruise in the Carribean. The evidence that the murders were part of FARC is undeniable, as was the presence of a man who killed himself instead of allowing himself to be captured turned out to be a Venezuelan Special Forces officer.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has publicly started to provide military support for FARC by setting up military training camps safely in Venezuela. The more professional FARC forces have become a major threat to the Columbian Government, and the murders of one of the most vocal Congressmen and their family by FARC provoked the United States to provide military assistance to deal with FARC. FARC has access to advanced Chinese weapons and equipment since Chavez and the Venezuelan military purchased large quantities of advanced Russian and Chinese modern weapons.

PFC Thompson has been to both Iraq and Afghanistan, the Colt M16 Designated Marksman Rifle he's carrying is the same one he was issued when he was in Afghanistan.

The new 2LT has just finished air assault training, and is arriving at her first command. She was given a Panasonic Toughbook and a Commander’s Digital Assistant that has briefing information on the situtation that she's heading into. She also has been given a sealed envelope with orders from GEN Paine to give them to MG Patrick Henry 'Hank' Callahan.

PV2 Kat Thomas is fresh out of training, and she has all of her gear with her. She is also carrying a sealed envelope that has her orders and service records in it. She's a last minute replacement for someone who broke their leg in a non-combat releated accident.

'Camp Angel' is a cantonment that was set up by combat engineers three months ago when the 11th Infantry Division was assigned the duties to help the UN Peacekeepers enforce the cease-fire agreements between the Columbian government and FARC.

Avi

Alrighty, the first post is up!  Let the game begin.

JadeCore

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman

For some general info. The latter more than the former - the difference is important to note. As for myself, I should have a chance to post today or tomorrow.

Avi

Thanks for the info.  I will admit to being a little confused as to the difference between snipers and designated marksmen, and now I actually think Dan being the DM will actually work better for the RP.

We'll be looking forward to your post. :)

The American Patriot

Sagittary, i was wondering if you have come up with a name for your character.

I forgot to say that the embedded journalist (Jessie Chambers) is also flying in with you on the Blackhawk. She has a JVC GZ-MG555 hybrid camcorder (that she is using to flim everyone in the passenger compartment, and getting images of the landscape all during the flight to Camp Angel), a Nikon D200 digial single-lense reflex camera, a Sony ICDB500 digitial voice micro-recorder, a Iridium 9505A satellite phone (personal use), and a Inmarsat Compact-M satellite phone (used for making reports to the News Service she works for).

Jessie Chambers works as a field correspondent for a new 24 hour cable News Service (haven't come up with a name for them yet, if you have suggestions i'm open to them).

The magazine that CW3 Spaight is reading is the latest issue of 'The American Statesman,' a monthly news magizine that is known for it's hard hitting investigative reporting into American politics. It is also known for leaning heavily to the libertarian and conservative end of the political spectrum. He also is wearing a tan beret (w/flash and rank insignia), and he is wearing a sand/black Shemagh headdress around his neck.

JadeCore

How does Melinda 'Medusa' Rook sound?

Incidentally, googling for military nicknames brings up some interesting slang terms. :)

The American Patriot

Quote from: Sagittary on July 17, 2008, 01:22:04 AM
How does Melinda 'Medusa' Rook sound?

Incidentally, googling for military nicknames brings up some interesting slang terms. :)

Killer!

the name sounds good. :)

The American Patriot

I just updated what kind of games i'm looking for in the first post....

The American Patriot

I just updated what kind of games i'm looking for in the first post again....

added Dungeons & Dragons/Dragonlance to the games i'm looking for.