Looking for D&D 5e Game(s)

Started by Jazrae22, July 05, 2016, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

wow, can your wife rewrite my resume' too?? ;)

Congrads on the new opportunities!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Jazrae22

Congratulations!  Take your time!

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Jazrae22 on July 12, 2016, 07:46:02 AM
Recap for eternaldarkness:

JazRae22:    Corra Farborne,    Lightfoot Halfling Acolyte Barbarian 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Irilinquent: Tristan Lewis,     Human Acolyte Cleric 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Blinkin:     Dashah Eversoel,   Human Charlatan Rogue 1 - Character sheet & background complete.
Muse:        Interested player, Druid or Wizard.

If we don't want two Acolytes, Corra can change backgrounds.

Comments and final questions before i throw out some different setting ideas and get us going: Duplicate backgrounds is fine. You can even create one whole cloth if you need one that fits better, as backgrounds are very simple to create, and i am very well-versed in creating 5E content from scratch if need be. Any published content is fine by me, including the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Elemental Evil Players Guide, plus Unearthed Arcana on a case by case basis. I use a lot of custom/reskinned monsters, so if you're one of those people who has the Monster Manual memorized, prepare to be surprised.

Now, for what I need from the players. Everyone give me one specific element of their characters background/history they want to see come into play early on. I'll take your answers and use them to craft the initial plot, then go from there.

Jazrae22

Corra is mainly setting out to find more information on and then to ultimately recover a lost relic of Torm. 

But as far as an element of her background that could come into play early, I would say the clangerless silver bell around her neck.  It was purchased by friends from a peddler and given to her as a gift, so it's history and significance is totally a mystery.

Irilinquent

Tristan, by himself, is an awfully plain character. I like them that way because I'm not much a lover of the classic-family-is-murdered route. So I can't really think of something related to him other than his love of both his religion and women. What makes Tristan Tristan is his personality and not much else. Plus, I don't usually give out free trinkets to my players personally, so I didn't bother to roll for one.

Blinkin

Well, with concern of sounding clichic and holding to the randomness of the dice... the noble who killed her family.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Jazrae22

Jazrae22

eternaldarkness

I'm gonna have to pass on running this after all. Between work and running a lot of 5E on my chat game, i am entirely burned out on 5E for a while as a GM. Sorry guys, and good luck finding someone else.

Jazrae22