"Someone Else Has Posted"

Started by Ebb, March 21, 2011, 01:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebb

I just wrote up a post for a multiplayer game, hit submit, and got the "someone else has already posted to this thread; you might want to preview" message. I skimmed over that, unfortunately, and closed the tab. Now the post has disappeared into the ether.

My question is: Is there some way to turn off this feature? I've been bitten by this about three times now. Yes, I can be more careful, particularly when posting to multiplayer threads. But honestly I would far rather have a post go up that's unfortunately outdated or out of context than have the post end up gone forever. At least in the first case I can edit to make things right.

Avis habilis

That warning doesn't make it impossible to post. It's just a warning; if you hit submit anyway, you can still post. I've done it plenty of times in discussions I'm not paying enough attention to.

Beguile's Mistress

Go to look and layout in your profile and check the Don't warn on new replies box.

Ebb

Thanks, Beguile's Mistress.

Avis - Yes, I get that. But if I'm in a hurry, I'll often hit Submit and then close the page that comes back without being careful enough about what's going on. If I had seen what had happened I'd of course just hit Submit again.

Star Safyre

If you use Firefox like Mr. Fyre and I, you might be interested in the Lazarus add-on.  It has saved many a post and the need for us both to announce our postings like lumberjacks calling out "Timber!"
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Scott

Can't you just hit the back button on ff and the post still be there?

Trieste

There was a glitch not long ago where that was not the case.

Vekseid

It was a bug in Firefox prior to version 4.