News:

Main Menu

May I rant?

Started by Alathea, November 18, 2011, 02:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alathea

Is that allowed in here?

If not, I do apologize. If so, feel free to read/comment/rant away.

Okay so I recently joined another roleplaying game/site/thing. I got on the other night after spending hours creating a well thought out character and background. I even got a friend to draw me art just for my character.

Before I start, a little back story. The game I am referring to is Furcadia. If you are familiar with the game, you will understand what I am talking about. My character is a slave and, as an slave would, spends her time in the cages.

A few people ask to roleplay with me, which I accept and we begin. Everything is going really well. I have one really fantastic roleplayer/plot that I am loving, and two somewhat okay plots/roleplayers.

One of the okay roleplays drops off (as he is too busy to sign on), the other.. well, he freaked out that I was roleplaying with out people and told me that we weren't going to roleplay any more. And the fantastic roleplayer, well we hit it off. We were friends and such and actually exchanged skype info. So all day I've been asking him to roleplay (we stopped at an, *ahem*, interesting spot). So I tell him I'm online and ready when he is. He finally signs on, to which I IM him and ask what's up, and he responds with, "We can't roleplay anymore."

"Uhm, why?"

"She is sitting in the cage. That means you are ignoring what we did the other night."

Insert some more pouting on his side and some choice words on mine and now we aren't talking.

TL;DR - I hate when good roleplays go sour. Especially for no reason!

Caeli

Just FYI for the future: rants are certainly allowed if you have to vent, but they're generally expected to go into The Bad and the Ugly forum, which is:

QuoteFor posts about things that annoy or upset, on the site or about life in general. It is a venting area, though some raves may go here. Please note this category's rules.

Sorry to hear about the roleplays/roleplayers not working out, though. That's happened to me a number of times, and while it's always a bit sad when it does happen, I just shrug it off and look forward to finding new roleplays and partners.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Alathea

Quote from: Caeli on November 18, 2011, 02:24:20 AM
Just FYI for the future: rants are certainly allowed if you have to vent, but they're generally expected to go into The Bad and the Ugly forum, which is:

Sorry to hear about the roleplays/roleplayers not working out, though. That's happened to me a number of times, and while it's always a bit sad when it does happen, I just shrug it off and look forward to finding new roleplays and partners.

Oooh. I looked all over for something like that. I guess in my rage I missed it completely. I will put it there next time. :]

The reason it got me so irritated is that it was the first and best roleplay I'd had in.. over a year, I think. So it was pretty traumatic.

Caeli

It's not much consolation, but there will always be other roleplayers. :) I've found partners on Elliquiy who I've written with for months, and one who has been my writing partner since I became a member.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Alathea

Quote from: Caeli on November 18, 2011, 02:50:50 AM
It's not much consolation, but there will always be other roleplayers. :) I've found partners on Elliquiy who I've written with for months, and one who has been my writing partner since I became a member.

Hopefully I may find that as well. :]

If you don't mind, I see that you have a fully filled out "Roleplay Preferences" page. I have been searching around a bit and haven't been able to find out how to set that up. Would you kindly point me in the right direction?

Edit - Nevermind. As soon as I clicked submit I found it. :]

manlocksol

Thats happened to me as well. I think the best thing to do is not take it personal. There could be a number of reasons for the sudden change in temperature. They might have compliated relationship issues, be a RP for a quick fix and never again type person or maybe the RP was just too different for them.

As said above, there will be others.

Why rush to the goal when you can have more fun on the field?