Flight of the Faeries [NC] - Calling all men~!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, March 17, 2010, 08:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Central Park. Probably the only place in New York City that has so many trees in one place. Smack dab in the middle of a sea of concrete and looming skyscrapers, a nicely groomed little jungle sits its fat green ass down and then the people wonder why traffic is so damn bad. Ah, yea. Breathe in that nice clean air, you'd almost think you were out in the country if not for the fumes of car exhaust choking your lungs. Not to mention the glaringly bright lights that illuminate the night sky. Yup, this is the city that never sleeps alright...who sleeps when it's daytime twenty-four hours, seven days a week? That'd just be losing precious money there! Stop anyone on Wall Street and you'll soon realize that you can't, they're too busy rushing off to their next destination to pay a damn tourist any mind. On the other hand, drop by Times Square and all the hawkers on the sidewalks will be dragging you to their stands. Fake designer bags, to those hideous caricatures, and of course all other knock offs that a tourist can imagine. Oh yea, that giant 'Going Out of Business' sign? It's only been there for the past oh...five years? Great business I tell ya.

As lovely as the city is, it's the park that really kills ya. Literally. All the crazies live here, especially when the weather's nice like it has been lately. But there's no one crazier than Old Henry. Bum's been squatting on the same bench for years now. Apparently he used to be some big shot. Real smart. Always preached on and on about science and life and all that but lately he's been raving about fairies. It's hilarious, look, he's doing it again...

You always thought fairy tales were nothin' more than stories. Children's bedtime stories. Delightful lil fantasies spun up to provoke sweet dreams in those little fluff filled minds of yours. Yea, how did that little poem go again? Visions of sugar plums dancing atop empty heads? What are sugar plums anyway? Literally just candied fruit! Last time I saw em they didn't have legs to dance on and the greedy lil kid wouldn't share anyway. So I told him Santa ain't real and damn! Rudolph was tasty last winter! Hah! Betcha that kid wanted to gimme those damned prunes then eh?

Bah! Anyway. Besides the obvious fact that Saint Nic ain't real..psh really now, who ever heard of a fat old man flying through the sky and up and down chimneys? Either he's anorexic or there were holes in people's ceilings in the past. Wouldn't be surprised given the circumstances that half the roofs were made of thatched wood.

Dammit! Quit gettin' me off topic here. Like I was sayin'! Fairy tales ain't nothin but shit. All that Disney crap? Ferget it! A talkin' mouse! It's a freakin' mutated rodent on crack! All those happy endings with the perfect morals..yeah there's a bit of that here and there, but the original stories, now that's the stuff. Gruesome murders, inhumane punishments, strange and unusually cruel magicks...it's amazin' the disgusting shit that people made up back in the day. Now it's all honeyed over. Everything's sweet and perfect and happily ever after.

Take Tinkerbell for example. Purty lil thang ain't she? Blonde lil pipsqueak, probably only six inches tall, and a babe if you stare closely enough. God if they made her bigger I'm bettin'  Peter wouldn't even bat an eye at Wendy, he'd be too busy fuckin' the chick with wings. Funny thing is, Disney wasn't all that wrong about her. Dumbed her down about ten times from the real shit, but they still covered all the bases.

How do I know this? Hey, git back here! Kids these days don't ever listen to the end, and I ain't even fuckin' drunk yet. Look. I used to be just like you. Stupid, ignorant, and snotty. Yea, that's right, I just called you a bitch, you got a problem with that? But everything changed that one night, right here in this damn park, when I saw it. A faerie.

Don't look at me like that, and quit shufflin' away. I may look homeless but I'm not crazy ya hear? I saw it. I saw Tinkerbell...and a helluva lot more...

Faeries. They're abominable lil creatures. Real pretty though, each and every single one a babe, even the dudes could model for Abercrombie if they ever started sellin' gay dolls. From what I've seen these days I'd say half those models weren't straight anyway. Too damn good lookin'. You know what they say. If they're hot n' single, he's gay!

So yea. Lookin' at those pretty lil critters with their delicate wings, they hypnotize you or somethin'. That innocent lil face with those cocksucker lips, shaking those teeny hips...hell I didn't care if I was drunk or not I was gonna get me some of that! Next thing I knew this guy in front of me disappeared! Took a step forward and poof, gone. Makes ya wonder eh? Just how many of those reports about a missing person are actually faeries lurin' people away? I'm warnin' ya kid! One of these days, you're gonna end up the same as that fool. Don't say you didn't know when it happens...

See, what'd I tell ya man? Guy's a hoot. He's been going on and on about this faerie business for the past few weeks already. Huh, anyway. It's getting pretty late and I gotta get going. Catch you some other time yea?

-     *     -     *     -     *     -     *     -     *     -

Welcome to Flight of the Faeries! Humans beware as faeries are near. It's springtime and the weather's getting nice out, ever seen the off-season firefly? Well, maybe it's really not a firefly after all. Here is a game filled with malignantly mischievous faeries, definitely not the sweet little Tinkerbells portrayed by Disney but going way back to old folk lore. Meaning faeries who lure humans into their realm and trap them there forever. Either to be used as a plaything, or some other purposes, a form of entertainment as they join the never-ending dance alongside rotting corpses and a few skeletons as well. Anything to ease the boredom for some time. All to entertain the Faerie Queen at the Seelie Court of course.

Humans who enter Arcadia are doomed to spend the rest of their lives there if they have stayed for the span of two days (48 hours). If individuals who stumbled into the mystical world are lucky enough to find their way back out...well props to them for outsmarting the wicked creatures. If not, well that's just too bad...better start learning to enjoy life in an alternate dimension!

Faeries come in all shapes and sizes, all colors of the rainbow and anything else that fits your imagination. Of course, faeries are not limited to females even though they may be the majority. Male faeries also make up a smaller part of the population. While frequenting the mortal world, they are unable to access their reservoir of magicks, thus the tiny miniature forms. However, upon re-entering their homeland, they resume their 'true' form and are able to freely drawn upon the limitless amount of magick available in the land. Basically, a faerie's true form can be standing at a height of five feet or what have you...they just happen to shrink to about five to six inches once they step onto the polluted land of the humans.

This game is plain and simple, nothing fancy, nothing that would require too much thinking since it is a game that can be categorized as...well...a stress reliever! Everyone can get caught up in life or be having muse issues and I hope everyone can respect that and give each other time to respond. We only want fun here which means plenty of comfort and understanding from all players. :-)

As for posting time...I say take your time! Once a week is good enough for me, and if you can manage to kick out more than that...great! Being a rather slow poster myself (though this one probably won't take me nearly as long) I won't nag others on the same issue. Though if you have disappeared for a month already then a PM shall be sent your way. We're all people, we've all got lives, muses are emotional little creatures and tend to go haywire, along with dealing with life. Hey, no biggie.

When it comes to post length, I don't think there will be too many lengthy ones for this game (but don't take this as me saying 'No huge posts allowed!') but I would like to see at least a good paragraph or two...or three...-cough-...Alright, let's just say...enough to let the other player have something to work with, however many that may be. =) Follow the golden rule, keeps life simple.

Oh and, since I forgot to mention this, being a free-for-all game there are no restrictions for sexuality and whatnot. Relationships, pairings, etc, they can and hopefully will happen as the game progresses (as long as we have enough people of course). After all, this is a game of exploration, experimentation, and just delving into places that you never dared to venture into before! Also, this game can and may involve several players so we may have newcomers from time to time, which is always encouraged of course...who doesn't love to see new faces?

---------------------Character Profiles-------------------------

Name:
Race: (Faerie, Human)
Abilities: (We will be playing a free-form game, there is no particular system to be followed so things such as turns and stats do not need to be applied. Just keep in mind that since we are playing without any particular rules, abilities cannot be overpowered and try to limit yourself reasonably. Such as if a powerful attack was just executed you cannot possibly do the same a second later, and so on and so forth. Let's try to keep the number of abilities limited to three.)
Appearance: (Don't feel pressured into having to find a picture, if you want to just type out a description that is more than welcome if not preferred.)
Personality:
Biography:

---------------Positions------------------

This section will be updated as the spots are filled so please check back from time to time to see which spots are filled and which are still open. Now then, on to the positions...these are just a few that popped into my mind so feel free to suggest others that come to mind. Of course, for humans, just think up anything that seems reasonable for your character. Or maybe they're even unemployed at the moment.

• Singer, Dancer, Musician (pick an instrument for specialty) - These are pretty straightforward and simple, no explanation needed hopefully.
  • Artist - A landscape artist or even a florist...paint the landscape (literally and figuratively) and mold it to your own desires. Add a few unique flowers that have not yet been created on the face of Earth yet, or perhaps even a few trees that have a mind of their own.
  • Inventors - Of course, we've got to have a few of the crazies even in FairyWorld! Mad scientists or any such thing...inventions that work or inventions that are so outrageous they're mostly dubbed failures. Whatever it may be, tinker away!

Faeries:
Shihong - Lux (Abhoth)
Kunoichi - Erline
Cassiopeia - Ailie
Nim - Kalen
Esoteric Myobi - Anwen
Demik - Selaki
Sasha - Twilena

Hapless Victims:
WerewolfofLondon - Jessica Faolan
Thorn14 - Jessica (Jess) North
Rockin - Jack Nickelson
Nim - Lee Thomas
Sideshow - Donovan
Lady Kitsune - Lorelei Devons

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kunoichi

...And my profile will be forthcoming. ;D

Cassiopeia

WerewolfofLondon

I think I shall definetly be making a profile for this! *Hopes for male fairies*

Esoteric Myobi

Yay! Interest! And yes...let us all hope for a few male faeries! Gotta keep things interesting after all~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Thorn14

I might be interested. And also, you could call the land Arcadia, thats the land of the fae in alot of fiction.

LadySky

I've been writing a One on One story about a fairy for a while now and find myself interested in joining a group game.

*goes to work up a female fairy character* ;D
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Lady Kitsune

My, you aren't allowed to watch Disney movies anymore.

I'm gonna have to think about about this one.

*goes to try and put her games in order to see if she can fit another one*
I am working on it, I swear!

Crovonovin

I am totally in, and making a male Faerie.  Super twisted at that!  >:)

Esoteric Myobi

But, but...I didn't even have a chance to make fun of Cinderella and, and Anastasia (was that Disney?)...oh and what about that new one with the princess and the frog?

Kit you know you love me and my games and want to join O:)

And yay~ Male faerie...and a dark and menacing one at that...I think I'm going to love this! Have a few details to work out first though. x.x

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Sasha

Oh I want to play ....this sounds like so much fun ...thinking about one that is more of a little prankster ..maybe have her a bit over curious ..with an exploratory scientific method ...that tends to get her into trouble. Though a happy little mischievous thing.

Senti

If there is still room I have a very naughty fae, 'Creeping Jenny' she swears of course that she has aided many warriors through the ages, and everyone would likely wish to look in her basket....

She knew the 'Wise Men of Gothem'
She can ride the horses of the foam and swim with the selkies
She knows your secrets...for she speaks to the same roses as Crazy Man Michael...

Oh and no small thing ...claims to have aided in the downfall of Balor. Yet the fae exel at telling tales and she tells the best...at least she thinks she does...

Esoteric Myobi

Hm, it seems like we're getting way more faeries than humans...where are all the helpless victims? =P Though perhaps not too helpless...that just wouldn't be any fun.

I've received a few interesting profiles to look over and I think I will be adding a few more tweaks to further detail the game. Though that probably won't be until later tonight. In the meantime...the more the merrier!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Rockin

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on March 18, 2010, 01:00:09 PM
Hm, it seems like we're getting way more faeries than humans...where are all the helpless victims? =P Though perhaps not too helpless...that just wouldn't be any fun.

I've received a few interesting profiles to look over and I think I will be adding a few more tweaks to further detail the game. Though that probably won't be until later tonight. In the meantime...the more the merrier!

Hey hey,  I'm right here. :p

I'm gonna make the profile soon. if there's still a few victims, I'm sure the faeries could just...bargain with the other somehow. :p

WerewolfofLondon

Probably a stupid question, but where do I post my profile?

Lady Kitsune

Wishes to be a faerie but....IF I play, I'll be human otherwise I'd be the Queen of Air and Darkness, of the Unseelie Court! Mwahaha.

Okay, maybe not.  Still thinking.  I think I'm getting sick 
*Rubs throat*
I am working on it, I swear!

Cassiopeia

Quote from: WerewolfofLondon on March 18, 2010, 02:24:54 PM
Probably a stupid question, but where do I post my profile?

Post your profile in here ^_^

WerewolfofLondon

Ah! Alrighty then! Thankies!

Name: Jessica Faolan
Race: Human
Abilities: Nothing spectacular, but she can drive like she stole it without crashing and her paintings look scarily realistic.
Appearance: She is a petite, lithe little thing with large bright green eyes and pale skin. She has rosey cheeks and a small spattering of freckles that marches over the bridge of her nose. Her hair falls in midnight waves down to her tiny waiste and she encases her delicate looking body in tight black jeans and a red strappy top. She smiles a lot and rarely wears make-up as she doesn't really need it and never wears it during the day.
Personality: Jessica is very bright and bubbly, friendly to all she meets and always willing to lend a hand. But should you cross her and enter her bad books,  then it is best to simply buy a plane ticket out if there, cause this girl can hold a grudge!
Biography: She comes from a single parent family and is an only child. Some say that she is occasionally lost in her head, prefering to lounge in the park and draw beautiful, fantastical creatures rather than deal with reality.

Crovonovin

Name: Assumed Name:  Lux True Name: Abhoth
Race: Faerie
Alignment: Unseelie (Actively Malevolent)
Abilities:

Reality Bending:  Always the control freak, Lux has dedicated the majority of his vast lifespan to learning the intricacies of controlling the infinite magical energies of his birthplace.  Though all faeries use this primal magic as their personal plaything, he has taken it to an entirely different level.  His "art", as he calls it, is limited only by his own imagination.  Its practical uses are virtually limitless, though his primary interest is in the creation of personal minions and monstrosities that he can pit against each other for his own amusement.

Sensory Manipulation:  Many faeries employ pheromones or direct mind control in order to lure their victims into the Other World.  Lux is not one of them.  He despises the idea of directly controlling another intelligent being, believing that it takes all the enjoyment out of toying with hapless mortals if they cannot even control their own actions.  Instead, the twisted fae alters the perception of his targets, making them see, hear, smell, feel, and even taste things that aren't real.  In this manner he can trick others into following him of their own volition.  This ability is extremely useful in the Human World, where Lux is unable to alter reality.

Energy Siphon:  Humans are like a buffet to him, each one with a unique flavor that he cannot get enough of.  Though he most commonly devours them flesh and soul, he is also able to drain their spirit through touch until only a husk remains.  This eerie power can also be used to weaken particularly willful victims before "playing" with them.

Appearance: Human Form / "Semi-True" Form / True Form

In the human world Lux stands at only four inches in height, a bronzed figure with a perfect athletic physique and beautiful green wings, shaped like knives but inlaid with a delicate tracery of lightly pulsing purple veins.  He wears scantly more than a loincloth and sometimes a scarf slung around his shoulders.  Even other Fae are fooled by his benign appearance, the Human World masking his malevolence.

Only in the world of the Fae does his true nature begin to show itself.  His rich chestnut hair bleaches white, as does his flesh, and his features contort into a wide crocodile grin.  This is how he greets his victims, though it is only a partial transformation.  This body constantly struggles to contain his twisted spirit, its skin cracking open and festering with a seeping darkness that pulls impatiently at his clothes and limbs.

Only deep within his own territory does Abhoth show himself completely.  Such was the foul Faerie's gluttony for power that his natural form became twisted and massive.  He appears as a titanic worm with gaping maw and dozens of greedy, grasping hands, skin pale and wretched with corruption.

Personality:

Lux is the sort of sinisterly charismatic individual that could persuade an atheist to start singing the praises of god, a priest to renounce his faith, a pure virgin to performs acts of the utmost lewdness, and a prostitute to join the chantry.  He prides himself in making terrible things sound desirable and wonderful things sound abominable, twisting both his words and the words of others to befuddle and intrigue.  At one moment he may seem innocent and charming, and the next every word will drip with sensuality.  Language is a clever weapon, and he is a master at spinning verbal webs.  He entices indiscriminately, favoring women but luring men in equal measure, though his promises are not always ones of sex and romance.  His preference is a slow hunt, getting to know his prey over many days or weeks, working up his appetite until he can no longer contain himself. 

Once brought into the realm of the Fae, it is almost impossible to get back out again.  The trap sprung, the dark faerie Abhoth often challenges his prisoners with games, promising their freedom should they best his trials.  It is a farce, of course, as the demonic cretin is well known for lying unabashedly.  He claims that the taste of Hope after it has been built up and shattered is a delicacy that he wishes could be savored for an eternity.

Biography:

Abhoth was among the very first of the Faeries, a primordial being of extraordinary age.  In those early days there was no concept of morality or law, and all creatures great and small acted upon instincts and idle whims.  But as the centuries passed a semblance of order began to take form within their magical realm, and a Queen rose among them to give direction to the aimless masses.  The primal chaos was slowly but surely shaped into a true world from the shapeless magical aether, a limitless playground for the Fae Folk to play their games and engage in mischief with one another.

He was among those that aided in this miraculous transformation, but only he looked out upon this new creation and felt dissatisfaction.  The others seemed content with their mischief (as admittedly cruel as such mischief may seem by human standards), but to the one called Abhoth it was not enough.  Seeing an entire dimension take shape beneath his fingers had left him with an intoxicating hunger, and try as he might to satiate himself upon the energies that saturated every inch of the landscape, nothing seemed to fulfill his cravings.  And so he turned to the only other source of food available to him, and did the unthinkable.  Luring his own people into the darkest pockets of the Faerie realm, he devoured them flesh and bone, making their energy his own.  He became bloated from their power, addicted to the taste of their magic-infused blood.  But still his hunger persisted, and with each day he gorged himself on the hapless and the weak-minded.

His endless greed would be his undoing, for it was inevitable that his treachery would not go unnoticed forever.  The Queen herself rallied the rest of the Fae and brought them all to bear against the eldritch abomination that Abhoth had become, only to realize that he had grown too powerful to simply destroy.  But though he could not be slain, he could still be trapped.  By combining their power the Dark Faerie was sealed away within an impenetrable prison, containing his strength in a pocket dimension.  Though he could still draw upon all the energies of the realm, he could no longer affect anyone or anything beyond his territory.  And so the fiend was left to fester and hunger within his own personal hell, isolated from his people and their society.

Within this bubble of influence he became something of a God, shaping its interior into a vast and terrible land as twisted and despicable as his corpulent black heart.  It became a mockery of the place he had been banished from, a world of nightmares.  Indescribable things squirmed from beneath his fingertips, awful caricatures of life for him to amuse himself with through the coming aeons.  Though he had no way to further increase his power, Abhoth was far from idle.

The day the Human Realm was discovered was the happiest day that he had experienced in aeons.  Through some grave mistake Abhoth was able to bridge the gap between the two worlds, though his power was almost entirely restricted outside of his prison.  The human race were curious creatures that proved endlessly fascinating to him, and he spent many centuries experimenting with their emotions and feasting upon those that he lured back into his lair.  To his great excitement he found that the mortals possessed a power of their own, however small.  After years of stagnation, his power could now begin to grow once more.  His greed soon reawakened, and devilish plots did begin to unfold within his head...

Apparently unaware of his ability to enter the Human World (where he is known only as Lux), the Queen has since allowed Abhoth brief returns to the rest of the Faerie world on special occasions, provided he hasn't eaten any foolish Faeries that decided to wander into his home on a dare.  He enjoys such visitations immensely, and is always on his best behavior.  He is a patient creature, and has waited millions of years for the day where even a prison will be unable to hold him.  What's a few million more?

Calista Jade

Do you still have some room for a female human victim?
As of Feb 28th : Work is kicking my ass! I will post this weekend!!!

Ons and Offs

Kunoichi

Esoteric Myobi

So far we only have one female victim and one male victim it seems so...yes.

Oh and for any players out there who intend to be playing as a faerie, yes, as Shihong stated in his impressive profile, there is one faerie 'Queen' which will be NPC'd by me. Hopefully we'll get a few more male faeries to even out the odds...at the moment it seems like this game mostly attracted the attentions of the female population of E x3 Which of course, I have no qualms about~ It's just nice to keep the numbers even =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Calista Jade

As of Feb 28th : Work is kicking my ass! I will post this weekend!!!

Ons and Offs

Thorn14

Cooking up a female victim in a few!

Esoteric Myobi

-wonders if they'll be getting any more male victims besides Rockin...-

Otherwise Rockin and Shihong are going to be a rare commodity in this game =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~