Forgivable Deceptions?

Started by Blinkin, October 03, 2016, 05:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

John "Jack" Parish is the owner of an upscale tavern that has, with a variety of little investments, netted him a comfortable, if not luxurious lifestyle. The tavern is a family place during the day and even the dinner rush sees a lot of families out for a good meal, a little live entertainment and a relaxed atmosphere where the staff may know your name and smile real smiles as they see you. At night, it's more an adult's only establishment with live music, a karaoke night and even a comedy night for people who like to dance, drink and kick back a little.... All in all, he's well known and liked by the community.

Jill is the tavern's hostess and occasional bartender/server and has been working for Jack for a few years; since her breakup and divorce from Jack's close friend after she learned that her abusive husband was cheating on her as well... Jack gave her a place to work and helped her get back onto her feet in the aftermath and a genuine friendship has developed between them. Jack even beat the living shit out of his once close friend and made certain promises if the bastard ever came around her again.

Of course, there had been an attraction between the two since they had met at the wedding nearly 10 years before, but neither would ever act upon it and it's even more a no-no now... Jill works for Jack and their friendship is too important to them to risk it... or is it?

When Jill comes into the office excited one afternoon, she proudly holds up a ticket to the  ritziest Halloween party in tow, the tickets are hard to get and expensive to boot! But, all of the proceeds goes to a local fireman's charity and it's rumored to be a great time... and it's held in the town's only 4 star hotels! SShe knows exactly what she's going to wear and tells Jack in detail about how hot she's going to be and the excitement of not knowing who you might talk to... she's gone so far as to get a room so she wouldn't have to drive if she got too drunk... Jack gets an idea...

It was suppose to just be harmless fun, some flirting with her, maybe a kiss and some dancing; she would never know that it's him and they could get out of the boss/employee situation for a few hours and their friendship wouldn't suffer because she wouldn't know that it was him sweettalking her and making her smile that dazzling smile...

The best laid plans and all finds them waking up together the next morning and the only thing that she finds I the mask and a rose on the pillow... It was a night to remember for both of them... until she finds a receipt for a tux mixed in with the other expenses at the end of the month while she's doing the tavern's books...

This is something very similar to my very first partnership on E, and it has a special place in my memory as my partner was an outstanding writer. I want to revisit it and see if a new partner might bring it to life again and take things in a different direction for the long haul... Some of the details are negociable, some aren't... the names are just place markers and can be changed at will and I'm happy to pick up either role.

What I'm looking for is a story with a lot of romance, some anger and argument, some forgiveness and a spark of true love that demands that they get through the deception to find a life together... to learn if love is enough when things start off on a deception... If you're interested, drop me a PM with your ideas and an overview of how you see the character that you would be playing; be ready to talk a lot about the story before the first post gets written... deep characters, deep story and real emotion are vital, all of the sexy times will appear, but not one after the other.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.