Hear Me Out: Mad Max Meets Warhammer 40k (Only War)

Started by That One Dingus, May 13, 2020, 10:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Dingus

I have some experience playing Deathwatch, but I have never been involved in an Only War game. Was hoping to find a GM that is familiar with the rules.

I found a way to incorporate Immortan Joe's War Boys into an Imperial Guard regiment. (This would be a long time after the events of Fury Road and adapted to have taken place on a colony world instead of Earth.)
Stat Block
1st Furiosan War Boys
16/16 points
•   Homeworld: Post-Cataclysmic World (Furiosa Maxima)
o   Cost: 3 points
o   +3 to any 2 of 3: Ballistic Skill, Weapon Skill, Perception
o   Resourceful: +10 bonus to Survival Tests to obtain food and water and to Tech Use Tests to jury-rig or repair equipment that is not overly advanced
o   Horrors of the Past: Start with 1d5 Insanity Points and either the Resistance (Radiation) or Resistance (Fear) Talent.
o   Normal starting Wounds
•   Commander: Fixed
o   Cost: 1 point
o   Starting Skills: Command
•   Regiment: Rapid Reconnaissance
o   Cost: 8 points
o   Characteristics: +3 Agility, -3 Toughness
o   Starting Skills: Operate (Surface), Tech-Use
o   Starting Talents: Combat Sense or Accelerated Repairs
o   Standard Regimental Kit: One Tauros rapid assault vehicle and one set of Magnoculars per Character. 2 PCs may exchange their vehicles for one Tauros Venator.
•   Training Doctrine: Anti-Armor
o   Cost: 4 points
o   Starting Skill: Common Lore (Tech)
o   Starting Talent: Tank Hunter
o   Special: Add Penetration to equal to Degrees of Success on the attack roll when attacking vehicles.
•   Regimental Drawback: Warp-Delayed
o   Regiment Points: 4 points
o   Officially Nonexistent: Whenever doubles are rolled on a Logistics Test, it counts as failed even if it would normally succeed. Additional Mission Complications should be included due to the confusion created by the Regiment’s presence.
o   Lost Time: Start with 1d5 Insanity Points
•   Favored Weapons: Autogun (Basic), Heavy Stubber (Heavy)
•   Additional Standard Kit Items:
o   Munitorum Manual, 3 points (Fuck you, Fantasy Flight Games)
o   Krak Grenade (15 points)
o   Autogun (10 points)
o   Additional uniform for field use (2 points)

Besides the obviously wacky nature of the War Boys contrasting against the typical straight-faced and grumpy Guard regiment, it would also be fun to have an Only War campaign that focuses on vehicular combat without being another tank v. tank game. The fish-out-of-water theme would also be reinforced by them arriving years, if not decades or centuries, late to a system as a result of complications during Warp travel. It may have been so long that they were officially written off as dude and the local General would not know how to handle this ghost regiment being dropped in his lap.

I would be fine with this being either a solo or group game. I am happy to clarify any details or answer questions, of course.
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

Captain America

Seeing this made me dust off the old Gorkamorka and Necromunda models! I hope you find what you are looking for!
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

TheSithChicken