Balamb Garden (Final Fantasy VIII) -Please Use Recruitment Thread in First Post-

Started by Florence, June 27, 2012, 10:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

So I put together a list of everything we have so far:

Name: Nasha Flinder
Weapon: Staff (Melee Weapon)
Specialization: Magic
GF Name: Vishka

Name: Alyssa Deftrix
Weapon: Gunblade
Specialization: Melee Combat.
GF Name: Shiva

Name: Zeniera Rukein
Weapon: Shuriken
Specialization: Infiltration and Evacuation
GF Name: Fenrir

Name: James (undecided)
Weapon: Undecided, in and out of character
Specialization: None (luck)
GF Name: Fortunata

Name: Yuge Oshiro
Weapon: Steel Knuckles
Specialization: Martial Arts
GF Name: Yojimbo

Name: Nona Gale
Weapon: Shield
Specialization: Defense
GF Name: Golem

Name: Zandelle
Weapon: Dual-daggers
Specialization: Recon, infiltration (bow-chikka-bow-wow), assassination
GF Name: Stray

Name: Milly Ring
Weapon: Bolt-Action Rifle "Lee Widowmaker"
Specialization: Long-Range Combat
GF Name: Meteor Master

In Progress:

Name: Ari Lourdes
Weapon: Chakram
Specialization: Time Magic
GF Name: Tempus

Name:Roweena Drake
Weapon: Bola
Specialization: Blue Mage
GF Name: ?

I figured that this would help anyone else making chars.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Caitlin

Janus is missing from that list, but otherwise it looks pretty complete. :-)

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Caitlin

Oh, no problem at all hehe, just trying to be helpful. ;D

AndyZ

^_^

Oh, right, it's not even your char.

Good catch.

Revenent

Yeah, that's totally complete...no one missing at all...

AndyZ

Florence

Thanks for the list! :D

We seem to be growing nicely.

I think I might throw up my student character, then get to work on starting up a proper IC thread for this if everyone's ready.

Though, what category should this go in? Non-Con Human... or maybe Exotic? Just to cover bases :x
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

AndyZ

Katida Desu's throwing in her character right now.

Exotic would probably be the best bet if people want to get their GFs involved, or if the monsters get unusually frisky.  Otherwise, human should be fine.

Florence

Well, might be best to cover bases. xD

And alright, I still have to finish my character's sheet anyway xD

So there'll be a little time, but I look forward to starting this up and seeing where it goes.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Eislynn

Going to throw up my basics for now while I finish my write-up:

Name: Ari Lourdes (Female)
GF Name: Tempus

Caitlin

Maybe for clarifications it would also help if we know which characters are male/ female? Could you add their gender to the list?

For most characters it's pretty clear, but some names could be male or female. :-)

AndyZ

I was considering adding gender, but when you don't know how many females are straight and how many are lesbian, it leads to the feeling that we need more men in order to "balance" things.  If people want me to, though, I can add it.

AribethAmkiir

I think Katida desu has the right idea here.

Name:Roweena Drake
Weapon: Bola
Specialization: Blue Mage
GF Name: ????

At least it's a place holder. 

Caitlin

Quote from: AndyZ on June 30, 2012, 09:15:35 AM
I was considering adding gender, but when you don't know how many females are straight and how many are lesbian, it leads to the feeling that we need more men in order to "balance" things.  If people want me to, though, I can add it.
I don't even know if my character is going to have sex at all, lol. :P

I think I'll settle for bi-curious, which opens up relationships to either gender. She's very shy around men though, so she might not get any anyway. :-)

Revenent

I'd see no issue making Decker swing either way as well, just in case there's a shortage of eligible females, although I don't know if any other male characters would be the same way, anyway.

AndyZ

Updated with gender.  I put "In Progress" just in case Finn wants the chance to peek at them first before they're added to the list.

Florence

Haha, wow, this is one hell of a group assembled here. :P Doing all the GM work FOR me xD

Eislynn

I used the FFRPG Rule book for inspiration, but took some liberties as this is free-form. So here Goes:

Name: Ari Lourdes
Enrollment Age: 13

Personality: Ari has always been very mature for her age. She has a no-nonsense attitude towards her studies. She may come off as shy at first, but it's due to the fact that she 'studies' people she meets to gauge their personality before she attempts to interact.
Backstory: When Ari was thirteen, a dangerous criminal began to cause trouble in her remote northern hometown. In the weeks that followed his occupation, he began to demand protection money from local store owners. Ari's parents, mere shopkeepers, refused. The crime boss decided they were to be made an example of and they were killed right before Ari's eyes. Ari rallied the townspeople and together they made a plea to the Garden to send a security detail. The day of their arrival, Ari watched with awe from her perch in the clock tower as the SeeDs efficiently took down the Crime Lord's regime in a single sunny Sunday afternoon. She had been unsure where her life would lead until that point, but on that day, she decided to enroll in the Garden. As Balamb was quite far and she had little means to get there, she enrolled at Trabia to see where it would take her.

Once enrolled she proved a quick study in the field of Time Magic. It's no wonder she tended to make other students nervous, given Time Magic's bad past reputation. It wasn't long before she surpassed many of Trabia's instructors in the subject - she was thus recommended to Advanced Time Magic Studies at Balamb Garden, a high level course of study to which only the most mature students were admitted.

She had grown past the limit of her Trabia Garden. It was finally time to transfer to Balamb Garden.

GF APPLICATION
Name: Tempus
Element: Time
Description: A small silver clockwork butterfly flies through Ari's Chakram, growing until it is larger than an average person. It hovers on the field of battle, it's clockwork parts ticking furiously.
Appearance in link:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Bonus: Haste. Ari's Chakram flies so fast in this state, that it resonates with a clear tone in the key of "C."
Special Attack: Celestial Stasis: A hazy clock face shimmers into existence across the battlefield, hands shuddering as they begin to slow, eventually stopping dead. For a moment, the second hand wavers as if it may turn and go backwards, but the force of its struggle shatters the ethereal clock into a shower of sparks and cogs. Inflicts stop on all enemies. Has the unfortunate side affect of occasionally hitting a team mate as well.

Florence

I'm not sure about the GF's bonus. I could see it auto-hasting her when a fight starts up, but to randomly cast spells around would be a bit hard to RP out fairly.

Also, Trabia Garden doesn't have SeeDs, though I suppose you could say that Trabia passed the request on to Balamb, or... you could always just say that in the time since the games, SeeDs have been stationed in Trabia and Galbadia Garden. Trabia to help it rebuild after the missiles, and Galbadia to sort of... keep an eye on them, make sure they stay on the right track.

Other that that, I like the character :o

Eislynn

Florence

Honestly, I would prefer if it was something passive to your character. I hate to nag or anything, I just feel like something auto-inflicting status effects on enemies is a little OP.

Caitlin

It's a very lovely character and GF description Katida! I really like what you came up with. :-)

AndyZ

If I might interject, I had the feeling more that the GF creates a field of null-time, which stops everything inside of it.  Enemies might be able to flee if they realize they're in that area of effect, though.  It could accidentally get PCs as well.

Would that clarification make it less overpowered?

lore

Wow lotsa people. It's great to be in a group with so much interest - but I was wondering how the threading itself will unfold.

I know our minimum is 1-2 posts a week, but will there be any kind of posting order so people don't return to five pages of thread after a couple days absence? I know that's a double edged sword as doing so can also kill a threads momentum.

Will you be splitting the thread into different areas/different levels of the garden Finn?