Checking on interest: Anime-based roleplay

Started by Major Major, January 07, 2010, 02:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Major

Hi there, new fellow on the forums, just sounding out if anyone is interested in a roleplay idea I have.

Now, most of you probably haven't heard of Strike Witches, so I'll give you as brief an overview of the series as I can:

Strike Witches is set in 1944, on an alternative Earth where an alien force called the Neuroi was the spark for war, as opposed to the German invasion of Poland in 1939. Conventional military forces soon prove to be hopelessly inadequate against these monsterous invaders, and it looks as though the human race is in huge trouble.

Then, from the analogue of Japan, a scientist named Miyafuji reveals a device that is mankind's greatest hope against the Neuroi: The STRIKER Unit. The device works marvellously, but has a single, large drawback: It is fuelled by magic, so only certain teenaged girls can use them. Every nation on the globe frantically scours their census polls to find suitable people for the job.

10 are found, and are swiftly taken to this world's Britain and formed into the 501st Joint Fighter Wing, the titular (in more ways than one) Strike Witches. The story of the manga and the anime follows the 11th member of the force, as she is recruited, trained, and sent to join them.

So, anyone interested by this idea? If they are, I'll post up the biographies and some pictures of the cast of characters.

Wolfy

Well you'd have to change their ages, first of all..o-o..No Pantsless Loli's on Elliquiy and all that. o3o

Major Major

Which is fair enough. Three Years enough? Or should it be Five?

Haibane

Elliquiy's rules require all characters that have sexual scenes in roleplays to be aged 16 as a minimum and they must act/be played in an adult way as well, so no super-innocent child-like girls adults.

I made specific age-adjustments to the pilot characters in an Evangelion game I ran.

Major Major

I already said I'd age 'em all up by five years.

If the only thing everybody here's going to do is be hyper-critical of my ideas...

BigBuckBob

You asked if it should be three years or five. She was telling you what the minimum allowed age was. It was an answer not a criticism.
---

At any rate, how well should someone know the anime if they wish o be part of the story?
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Major Major

Ah, that's diffent. Sorry, I always get defensive about my ideas.

Well... As for knowing the series, you should definately look up the wiki article, and also try and see the OVA on Youtube. That should give some insight into the characters and setting; albeit the setting moves from Wiltshire to Kent. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me, as I've seen the show, and roleplayed the show.

Carlissa

This looks interesting, even though I never heard of it...

Would pregnancy fit into this?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Major Major

In one or two cases, possibly yes. But for the most part, I'd like to try and keep it as close to canon as possible. Remember, these girls are in the military, and have to save the world on a regular basis.