This IC for AHS: Coven is Open & Looking for 4 or 5 New Players!

Started by Twisted iN Tux, February 24, 2015, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

Quote from: PixelDust on February 26, 2015, 02:57:41 PM
If Oprah really loved us, she wouldn't release the BEES!!

Now, now, Pixie, my love, there's no need to

bee that way.

la dame en noir

Now when you say gay - do you mean gay men or lesbian/gay?
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 27, 2015, 04:44:18 AM
Now when you say gay - do you mean gay men or lesbian/gay?

It's an all-boy boarding school, so...

That said, you could certainly play a Servant or Social character who is a lesbian.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 27, 2015, 04:55:54 AM
It's an all-boy boarding school, so...

That said, you could certainly play a Servant or Social character who is a lesbian.

I could've probably figured that out for myself with a little bit more reading lol. Thanks for the heads up.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Roen

I've been a little creatively backed up for a long while now, as some of your players could attest *lamely waves to Dotely and Lockepick* but this concept really tickles my inspirational bone, though I don't usually do fan fiction kind of RPGs.

I'd love to take part in this, if there's still room.

I could go with either a student or a staff member, and add a second society character as the game progresses, perhaps an antagonist, maybe one of a competitive faction to the coven, similar to the voodoo high priestess from the show.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Roen on February 28, 2015, 04:27:21 AM
I've been a little creatively backed up for a long while now, as some of your players could attest *lamely waves to Dotely and Lockepick* but this concept really tickles my inspirational bone, though I don't usually do fan fiction kind of RPGs.

I'd love to take part in this, if there's still room.

I could go with either a student or a staff member, and add a second society character as the game progresses, perhaps an antagonist, maybe one of a competitive faction to the coven, similar to the voodoo high priestess from the show.

Hey Roen!

Sorry to hear about the back-up, but happy to hear that this inspired you. Just so you know, this scenario will be loosely based on AHS: Coven. So, it will be less fan fic and more inspired by. There won't be canon characters from the show - unless the group wishes or wants that down the road - and I think, so far, the only storyline we may dabble in is 'who will be the new Supreme.'

Anywho.

There is still one Novice Student slot open, as well as one Instructor/Staff. The choice is yours to make. Once you decide, I'll set that spot aside for you and then you can start working on your CS. Initial powers are being randomly selected by myself and provided to you through PM, as is the 'how you were contacted to join The Academy' piece of the puzzle.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them here or by PM.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
TNT

Lockepick

I know I'd love to have you, Roen! No need to be sheepish around me. :)

@TNT: I noticed our floor plan doesn't have a gym or anything. I find that a little hard to believe given the pictures of staff so far! :)
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Roen

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on February 28, 2015, 05:04:18 AM
Hey Roen!

Sorry to hear about the back-up, but happy to hear that this inspired you. Just so you know, this scenario will be loosely based on AHS: Coven. So, it will be less fan fic and more inspired by. There won't be canon characters from the show - unless the group wishes or wants that down the road - and I think, so far, the only storyline we may dabble in is 'who will be the new Supreme.'

Anywho.

There is still one Novice Student slot open, as well as one Instructor/Staff. The choice is yours to make. Once you decide, I'll set that spot aside for you and then you can start working on your CS. Initial powers are being randomly selected by myself and provided to you through PM, as is the 'how you were contacted to join The Academy' piece of the puzzle.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask them here or by PM.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
TNT

Hey, Toy, thanks for the warm welcome!
Thank you too, Lockepick!

I'm really torn... I want to play a student, but playing a staff member also sounds like a great way to get into the thick of things. I think I'll go for a student, and add a faculty character later should it be permitted. I'll PM my concept to you later, when I get home.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Dotley

Heya Roen! Good to see you around and excited to see you interested in the story  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: lockepick on February 28, 2015, 11:45:45 AM
I know I'd love to have you, Roen! No need to be sheepish around me. :)

@TNT: I noticed our floor plan doesn't have a gym or anything. I find that a little hard to believe given the pictures of staff so far! :)

What pictures of the staff? What have you seen? *looks around*

Anywho. With average temps being in the low 70's to mid 80's on the high end and upper 50's to mid 60's on the low end, I figured both the porch on the 3rd floor and the open air courtyard could easily be used as an area for exercise and equipment. Not to mention, there will be room in the service hallway on the 1st floor, for those colder/rainier days. So there is plenty of room for random pieces of equipment. If your character wants or needs something a bit more structured, perhaps he can propose such a thing to the Headmaster and that can be his pet project.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Roen on February 28, 2015, 01:15:34 PM
Hey, Toy, thanks for the warm welcome!
Thank you too, Lockepick!

I'm really torn... I want to play a student, but playing a staff member also sounds like a great way to get into the thick of things. I think I'll go for a student, and add a faculty character later should it be permitted. I'll PM my concept to you later, when I get home.

Student it is! Slot saved. Feel free to pop on over to here and snatch up a copy of the CS. I'll PM you your power and the method of contact for joining The Academy. If you have any questions, just ask them here or reply to the PM.

Welcum aboard!
Tony

Twisted iN Tux

Just so everyone already involved is aware, I have gone ahead and closed out nearly all of the PC categories, save the single Staff Member that remains. The Servants have been fleshed out with NPC's that I will control, up until the moment someone shows interest in the category. At that time, they can either take on the existing NPC or make a new one, which means certain death for the correlating NPC. *gasps* As for the Social & Spirit categories, I shut them down as well, so that those with a Primary PC can add a Secondary S or S when the story permits or, better yet, demands it!

I believe that is all for now.

Cheers,
TNT

UPDATE: That last slot has been taken! Woot! We now have a full house!

Twisted iN Tux

Cum one, cum all!

We have open slots, bitches! Er, I mean, witches!

Uh...yeah.

*shifty eyes*

Anywho.

Please take a moment to review the pertinent details on page one. If this sounds like a scenario you could sink your supernatural teeth into, let us know! Feel free to show interest here or PM me directly. If you have any questions, any at all, just ask.

This is an existing group that is looking to relaunch sometime very soon. We just need some fresh blood, so to speak, what with the departure of two players. We're not looking for a complete reset, not at all, we're just looking to fill the one or two vacancies we currently have. Your characters will be slid on in with the greatest of ease. *pinky swears* So don't worry for one moment about being the new kid(s) on the block. Truth be told, we're still very much in the beginning stages of story development.

Cheers,
Tony

Ixy

I would love to make a character for this.  I could do a female or a male, but would like to know what preferences players would have and what would help drive story for the game master.

Twisted iN Tux

Hi Ixy!

Thank you for showing interest in our scenario. What caught your eye? Are you a fan of American Horror Story? Most of us are fans and fairly well versed in the series. Anywho. Seeing that this version takes place in an all-boys school, we're looking for a male student. Is that something you'd be interested in pursuing?

Let me know,
Tony

Ixy

Yes-- I haven't watched "Hotel" yet, but I enjoyed Coven greatly.  I'm good with that, whatever's needed... an experienced student, a novice, or somewhere in between?  Will the plot involve the whole aspect of the Supreme?

Twisted iN Tux

He would be a Novice Student, and while the Supreme storyline will be touched upon, it's not the main driving plot. We're looking to pay respect to the source material, but also take it on an original spin around the block, so to speak. It's more about the collection of unique characters, weaving their complex stories, as well as fighting, more or less, for the survival of their kind and coven.

ViperFang

I am feeling tempted to throw a character in here, but it's looking like I may be too late. Is there any chance of slipping in another novice student?

Twisted iN Tux

Hi ViperFang!

It's never too late.

Would you have any interest in playing a house servant or does it have to be a student? The servants have powers, too, so it's not like they're just, well, boring servants. They have a bit more freedom, as well. We currently have three claimable NPC's, as noted on the first page of this thread. Also, there is one slot kind-of, sort-of open for a member of society. One of the writers, who is currently away from the boards, was the niece of the headmaster. I'd be open to allowing such a slot to be taken if you can whip up an awesome character concept. Otherwise, I suppose we could make room for one more student. They may end up bunking with someone else - including one of the servants - seeing that the house is swiftly running out of beds. *smirk*

Let me know your thoughts, here or via PM!

Cheers,
Tony

ViperFang

Hmmm...

I could maybe be interested in my guy being a personal trainer, though he might resent being called a servant xD At the moment, I am gonna think more about the student angle, but I will be gone most of today. If the slot is filled by then I will try for something else.

Twisted iN Tux

Vael the Destroyer

-tilts head- I'm taking it that ya'll are all filled now?

Orange Marmalade

Maybe we can talk TNT into it, but not sure :)

Vael the Destroyer

It's totally okay if not. Was just curious. I hold Coven above all others.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on January 25, 2016, 11:14:43 PM
-tilts head- I'm taking it that ya'll are all filled now?

Kinda, sorta, yeah. *shifty eyes* I may or may not have just sent you a PM. *steals cupcake in avatar and runs away*