In your honest opinion, who do you think has the best chance of becoming POTUS?

Started by Question Mark, March 02, 2016, 10:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Imma look at emigrating to Australia. It'll be safer to live there.

Tamhansen

Looking at the voting statistics, it is yet again the baby boomers who caused this. Are they running some sort of 'worst generation in history' contest?
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Ariel

Quote from: Tamhansen on November 09, 2016, 12:12:03 AM
Don't look at us. Brexit is destroying the UK economy so fast we might be switching to a barter based system soon, and we haven't actually left yet.

Let's all move to Canada. :P
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Sara Nilsson

the biggest problem I am seeing is that he will have no prob appointing a supreme court judge that will block progress for quite some time.

I still can't believe it, guess I am just slow but dammit it all looked so good until a few days ago. Ah well.. hopefully I will get my citizenship so I can vote in the next one.

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Tamhansen on November 09, 2016, 12:14:49 AM
Looking at the voting statistics, it is yet again the baby boomers who caused this. Are they running some sort of 'worst generation in history' contest?

Actually, I'm blaming the millenials, and everyone else who voted third party. I have said for over a year that a third party vote is a vote for Trump.

Oniya

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 09, 2016, 12:15:13 AM
the biggest problem I am seeing is that he will have no prob appointing a supreme court judge that will block progress for quite some time.

I still can't believe it, guess I am just slow but dammit it all looked so good until a few days ago. Ah well.. hopefully I will get my citizenship so I can vote in the next one.

It was actually looking fine until about 10 PM Eastern!  Then there was this crazy surge...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Iniquitous

Oh sweet Gods... the dollar is losing value already.

Hello recession. It's so not nice to see you again.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Trigon

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on November 09, 2016, 12:15:52 AM
Actually, I'm blaming the millenials, and everyone else who voted third party. I have said for over a year that a third party vote is a vote for Trump.

As did I. But... they didn't seem to care. Go figure!

Swordsman18

Guys, we should promote this:

http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

http://www.longisland.com/news/11-08-16/cuomo-legislation-nys-national-popular-vote-compact.html

Thus we could end the Electoral College system and have it be all about the popular vote. It does require state legislators to join it.

Trigon

But honestly though, the Democrats blundered pretty badly by rallying around an "Establishment" politician. I think whatever happens, the upcoming president will be a one term president, and after that either a revolution or disintegration.

ReijiTabibito

Consider solidly blue or red states like the Deep South, or New England.  States that were never really in question of which way they would go.  Would you blame them for voting third-party?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Swordsman18 on November 09, 2016, 12:19:11 AM
Guys, we should promote this:

http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

http://www.longisland.com/news/11-08-16/cuomo-legislation-nys-national-popular-vote-compact.html

Thus we could end the Electoral College system and have it be all about the popular vote. It does require state legislators to join it.

Sad thing is, I believe he is winning the popular vote.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

TheSithChicken

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on November 09, 2016, 12:23:21 AM
Sad thing is, I believe he is winning the popular vote.

He is. America is electing who they want and I have never held this country in more contempt than I do right now becuase of it.

Orval Wintermute

There are states that went for Trump by fairly small margins, how much of a difference did the e-mail farce make to the early voting and the final result?

Pumpkin Seeds

Chulanowa

The overwhelming bulk of third party votes went to Gary Johnson. They cut into Trump's numbers, not Clinton's.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 09, 2016, 12:30:03 AM
Hate to say but the FBI may have decided this election.

that last "investigation" that lasted a few days probably did yes.

WindFish

What the actual fuck? You had one job, America.

Unless Trump does a complete reversal, look for a very tough four years, America. Say good-bye to all the progress you made and say hello to racism, misogyny, and bigotry becoming the new normal. Fascism and the loss of civil rights will creep up like never before. Don't say you weren't warned.

In other news, the Canadian Immigration Services website has kept on crashing tonight. I wonder why.

I also suspect a good number of pollsters will be out of a job tomorrow.
Actively Searching For New One x Ones

Search Thread
O/Os
F-List

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Ariel on November 09, 2016, 12:14:55 AM
Let's all move to Canada. :P

*expects to see an exodus to dwarf the one we saw last year in southern/central Europe*  :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lustful Bride

Missy

Quote from: Iniquitous on November 09, 2016, 12:00:14 AM
I am ashamed of my country. I did not believe it was so racist and misogynistic. I literally feel sick to my stomach.

It's not, it's careless, it's unempathetic, it's human.

Humans are petty animals, they only care if it's personal. Thats true of all of them.

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: gaggedLouise on November 09, 2016, 12:33:17 AM
*expects to see an exodus to dwarf the one we saw last year in southern/central Europe*  :P
cue calls in Canada to build a wall along it's southern board and make the US pay for it

Tamhansen

Quote from: Missy on November 09, 2016, 12:35:29 AM
It's not, it's careless, it's unempathetic, it's human.

Humans are petty animals, they only care if it's personal. Thats true of all of them.

That's nonsense. I personally know many people who voted against their own interest as they believed it was in the interest of society as a whole.

The people who voted for Trump have no legitimate excuse, and shouldn't be given one.
ons and offs

gaggedLouise

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Tamhansen

Projections now calling him to win MI WI PA and NH. That puts him on a solid 288 with AZ and AK
ons and offs