[Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, September 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VonDoom

Yes, sorry -- was replying to a PM first. Here y'go! Bed time for us magical Europeans now.

Edit: Interesting tidbit I haven't added to any of the entries yet: he used to wear contacts to hide his natural eye color before the Rise.

Edit2: I should mention, I invite any and all feedback on my character. And if reasonable, am more than happy to include past encounters between characters outside of their current prison.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Not approved (yet, hopefully), so I don't really wanna post there for now.  :-[

Sigh. Still not in bed. Really should.

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 21, 2015, 06:07:59 PM
Not approved (yet, hopefully), so I don't really wanna post there for now.  :-[

Sigh. Still not in bed. Really should.
You're on the game board. You're safe to go over there if you want. lol

VonDoom

Invited a Skype friend of mine. He seems interested, though I don't know if he's seen how joining E works yet. We'll see if he'll go through it for the game, I suppose.  :-)

O&O

Elysian Radiance

Bumping for great justice! We still have two souls to claim and need a few more people!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Wispyr

General Recruiting Announcement

Pandemonium is still accepting new players. We have two Story Souls that we would love to have beautiful players, just like you for!

• Trillian, King of Atlantis: Must be male. Trillian was the great king of Atlantis and ruled over it for more than a hundred years; he is a brilliant tactician, cunning and powerful. Trillian was famous for his temper and for being a ruthless conqueror. His powers must focus around the themes: Battle, Strength, Leadership, Empowerment, and Earth (stone, dirt, mud, sand, terrain manipulation etc).

• Issail, The Traitor: Either gender. Must be Atlantean. Issail was once a representative of the Atlantean people to Trillian and Aeandra. He is cunning and sly, deviant and deceitful. He is famous for betraying all of Atlantis by striking a deal with a Pandemonium Lord. His powers must focus on the themes: Stealth, Trickery, Mind Control, Movement, and Wind.

Beyond those two we still have lots of room for souls of your own creation! Check out the [Pandemonium]Approved Character Sheets thread to see the roster of awesome guys and gals you could be playing with! We're still taking any Lord, Lady or Liege who wants to join in on the fun; we're still taking any in character gender that you'd like to play; we're still taking any of the five Denizen races that you're interested in.

We've got a core of great writers set up already, and this game promises to be an excellent adventure of creative story telling mixed with boundless player interactions. GM events. Character progression. Fighting giant monsters and giant robots. Potentially fighting giant robot monsters! Discovering the lost city of Atlantis and its secrets. Planar travel. Lightsabers have been discussed. So if you've been lurking around, pondering joining (because I still see all your lurkers!), or if this is your first time in... Come join us on this adventure.

VonDoom

I hear chicks dig giant robots.  8-)

That said, we currently have 1 human, 1 Atlantean, 1 Fae, 1 Imori (with another in the works) and 3 Nephilim -- so if you're ambivalent about your choices, give Human, Fae or Atlantean a thought!  :-)

O&O

Elysian Radiance

I hear guys dig boobs.

That's right... Let them mesmerize you. Yes, gooood.

Now join our game. Joooiiiiin ooouuurrrrr gaaaaaame.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Josietta

*peeks in while the SO runs to the bathroom again*

I'm working on getting a sheet. I may have to get with you and wispyr on steam chat tomorrow and talk it over.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Amarlo

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 22, 2015, 06:34:35 PM
I hear guys dig boobs.

That's right... Let them mesmerize you. Yes, gooood.

Now join our game. Joooiiiiin ooouuurrrrr gaaaaaame.

LOL. 100 psoints for shameless advertising xD Bahahaha

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Josietta on September 22, 2015, 06:36:52 PM
*peeks in while the SO runs to the bathroom again*

I'm working on getting a sheet. I may have to get with you and wispyr on steam chat tomorrow and talk it over.

Yay, group chat!

Quote from: Amarlo on September 22, 2015, 06:38:02 PM
LOL. 100 psoints for shameless advertising xD Bahahaha

I'm totally shameless.

MiraMirror

Doooooooooooooooom invited me, and so I am here, and requesting a claim for Issail, The Traitor...Or his soul, anyway. And thus, I begin plotting many plots. .w.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

VonDoom

Notably, not the one I mentioned earlier, as the post history of more than 0 should indicate. Just thought I'd throw the link out to a couple more people.  >:)

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 23, 2015, 12:31:33 AM
...requesting a claim for Issail, The Traitor...Or his soul, anyway...
So it is requested, so it shall be marked!

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on September 23, 2015, 12:31:33 AM
Doooooooooooooooom invited me, and so I am here, and requesting a claim for Issail, The Traitor...Or his soul, anyway. And thus, I begin plotting many plots. .w.

Lockepick

I'm still interested, following all the threads. Just been a little swamped the last few days. I'm learning towards a Fae or an Imori -- got a couple of ideas for each right now. I don't expect my spot held in favor of somebody that actually has a completed concept/sheet though, so no worries there.

A question I had, and I apologize if this was obvious and I missed it: How long ago did each of the races appear on earth? I can make assumptions about Nephilim and Atlanteans from the timeline -- but I'm not really sure when the Pandemonium Gate opened to trigger the Imori/Fae to arrive.

Follow up: based on how recently they arrived, how were they 'born?'
- Was I a normal dude walking around and suddenly a Fae or Imori soul jumped into me?
- Did I just coalesce as a fully grown adult ten years ago?
- Does being a Fae/Imori entail that one or both of my parents must have also been one?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

VonDoom

Please correct me if I'm wrong Wispyr, but I'll try to answer.

The races are all around and have been since Pandemonium originally came into the world, with the Nephilim as the obvious exception. Their powers don't really activate until they get unlocked again recently, so any nonhuman aspects are viewed as birth defects, like the oddly colored eyes of the Imori. The only thing awakened by the souls of the Atlanteans are dormant powers.

It may be feasible for characters to have made rudimentary use of their racial abilities in extreme circumstances. I attributed Virgil's survival to a rudimentary form of their spidey sense awakened by the duress. Nephilim are again an exception ... outside of actual magic, building powers into them from birth seems to be fine.

And yes, one of your parents had to be one. And it's always either/or, no Abominations hybrids.

O&O

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: lockepick on September 23, 2015, 07:51:18 AM
I'm still interested, following all the threads. Just been a little swamped the last few days. I'm learning towards a Fae or an Imori -- got a couple of ideas for each right now. I don't expect my spot held in favor of somebody that actually has a completed concept/sheet though, so no worries there.

A question I had, and I apologize if this was obvious and I missed it: How long ago did each of the races appear on earth? I can make assumptions about Nephilim and Atlanteans from the timeline -- but I'm not really sure when the Pandemonium Gate opened to trigger the Imori/Fae to arrive.

Follow up: based on how recently they arrived, how were they 'born?'
- Was I a normal dude walking around and suddenly a Fae or Imori soul jumped into me?
- Did I just coalesce as a fully grown adult ten years ago?
- Does being a Fae/Imori entail that one or both of my parents must have also been one?

Wispyr can correct me, but I'm fairly safe to say that the Pandemonium Gate was something in the past of Atlantis, long ago before it sunk.  Possibly WHY it sunk.

Likewise, I believe any Fae or Imori were always human, but once the Days of the Red Star (wait, sorry, that was World of Darkness) happened, the souls leaked out from wherever.

You started life as a human, and now something inside of you has triggered your evolution, changing you into something else.  Your soul starts to merge, maybe you know about it in dreams or stuff, maybe you have no idea (such as my character) that there's anything beyond human to you.

Wispyr

Glad to hear that you're still interested and following along. No worries about being swamped there is still plenty of time for character submission. I'll be putting up a couple more game slots onto the board here today anyway, because we're still in recruiting mode and we're still getting new little hints of interest here and there. We could also use more Fae and or Imori, so that's great!

Side note... VonDoom and Arcannyx are great for being awesome and here to answer your questions! You two rock. <3 I'll answer the questions to give the 'official' word, but they both pretty much covered it.

How long ago did each of the races appear on earth? I can make assumptions about Nephilim and Atlanteans from the timeline -- but I'm not really sure when the Pandemonium Gate opened to trigger the Imori/Fae to arrive.
The Earth was spawned from the darkness of primodia with three races on it: Humans, Atlanteans and Yahri. The Yahri are briefly mentioned, but they are basically Earth spirits tied to the 'soul of the world'. Think of them sorta like Elves. At some point and for some reason (there are details for this, but that's for me to know and you to find out!) the Yahri went into a deep slumber and 'vanished from the world'. Appx 10,000 years ago -- so right around the time of the Quaternary Extinction Event -- the Pandemonium Gate is opened. It's left open for sometime, and during this time creatures from Pandemonium mate with Humans, creating the first Imori; also the Yahri wake up and begin to mate with humans, creating the first Fae. The very first Nephilim was born in 2014.

In short: Atlanteans & Humans have been in the world since it was created. The Fae & The Imori are roughly 10,000 years old as a race, give or take a century or two. Nephilim are exactly 23 years, 10 months, 4 days old at the oldest (only Eve) and and the rest are approx 2 years younger than that or less.

Was I a normal dude walking around and suddenly a Fae or Imori soul jumped into me?
You were always one of the five Denizen-races. At the time of the rise an Atlantean soul jumped into you. The Atlantean souls are not to be confused with the Atlantean race. Basically all races are Human + Something mixes from ancient times, sans Nephilim which are genetically altered Humans. There are no pure blooded Atlantean's left on earth, there are however humans with Atlantean ancestry, Imori are humans with Pandemonium ancestry, Fae are humans with Yahri ancestry.

Also, while this was meant to illustrate why cross breeds don't happen, it also gives decent insight into this.

Note 3 - Denizen Cross-Breeds: Cross-breeds. Before it gets brought up. They can't happen. No Nephilim is old enough to have had children that would be playable at this time, and when the Nephilim do give birth their children are just human. When two humans with any combination of Atlantean, Imori or Fae DNA mate and have a child, only the 'most potent' DNA survives. So whichever set of DNA is closer to its original source or has been more recently boosted by an infusion of the same DNA (Atlantean + Atlantean, etc) is what the child becomes. In the rare circumstance that two individuals have the exact same DNA potency they are simply biologically incompatible and any child they create can not mature and is spontaneously aborted during development. Even if both parents are biologically healthy, the medical field has chalked this up as a fluke. These parents could give birth to a Nephilim however. On that note the act of becoming a Nephilim erases any previous DNA, preventing any of that.

Did I just coalesce as a fully grown adult ten years ago?
Not sure I understand this question, but no, you were born as a baby no matter what Denizen-race you are and grew just like any normal person.

Does being a Fae/Imori entail that one or both of my parents must have also been one?
This is correct. At least one of your parents was one of these. See Note 3 above for details.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 23, 2015, 08:02:53 AM
Their powers don't really activate until they get unlocked again recently, so any nonhuman aspects are viewed as birth defects, like the oddly colored eyes of the Imori.
This is correct. You were always Fae / Imori but people no longer know about such things. To the world you're just a human with some odd birth traits, but not birth traits that are new, they've been in the gene pool for 10,000 years so they're well documented. They make you strange and noticeable but not ostracized.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 23, 2015, 08:02:53 AM
It may be feasible for characters to have made rudimentary use of their racial abilities in extreme circumstances. I attributed Virgil's survival to a rudimentary form of their spidey sense awakened by the duress.
This is also accurate. No one has 'Astral Projected' or 'Projected Consciousness, but it is possible that Imori have always -- not just after the Rise, though that would have certainly been a trigger -- have had a good sixth sense about things. Fae have just always naturally had a good sense of direction and time. Atlanteans have always been able to hold their breath for seemingly odd amounts of time. Nothing huge, nothing fully developed, but those racial powers have always been there.

Now the magical powers listed on your sheet, those were brought to you during the Rise when your body was inhabited by an Atlantean Soul. These powers have not manifested yet, as the souls are 'asleep', but they are what gave you (or gave you the ability to develop is more accurate) these magical powers.

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 23, 2015, 08:05:04 AM
Wispyr can correct me, but I'm fairly safe to say that the Pandemonium Gate was something in the past of Atlantis, long ago before it sunk.  Possibly WHY it sunk.
Correct. Ish. It is from Atlantis' past, and it is indirectly responsible for the sinking.

Quote from: Arcannyx on September 23, 2015, 08:05:04 AM
...Your soul starts to merge, maybe you know about it in dreams or stuff, maybe you have no idea (such as my character) that there's anything beyond human to you.
Taking a snippit from other conversations about the souls to detail this a little bit.

...you will actually be playing the souls. You'll need to detail them a little bit, and put some work into who they are and what they're like. The Story Souls obviously have some ground work already done but it can be fleshed out a great deal more to player desires. Once the souls awaken they will act as sort of a duality within the characters. They'll be able to communicate with them, and at times the souls may very well get yanked to the forefront of the characters and take control of the bodies...

...these are souls that are inhabiting the characters along side who the character was in the first place. Imagine every character in Pandemonium having a guardian, only that guardian is in their head and can sometimes take control...

Essentially. You were <whomever> and then some Atlanteans soul took up residence in your body and has been asleep since the Rise. Once game play begins, shortly after, these souls will wake up and characters will suddenly realize that they are not alone in their own bodies. But as of now, and when game play starts, characters will have no idea that there is anything beyond Humans (and Nephilim) in the world. They don't know that the Imori, Fae or Atlanteans are a thing, and they do not know that they are inhabited by the soul of another person.

Xanatos

Coming to this pretty late, but I am going to post some interest. I like the level of detail present. Can't do much at this time, as I am heading out to do some hiking. Will read more when I get back.

Wispyr

Quote from: Xanatos on September 23, 2015, 02:37:27 PM
Coming to this pretty late, but I am going to post some interest. I like the level of detail present. Can't do much at this time, as I am heading out to do some hiking. Will read more when I get back.
Pretty late?! Not at all. We're still very actively looking to pick people up!

Enjoy your hike! Hopefully we'll see more from you soon.

Lockepick

Thank you very much, all three of you, for the clarification -- that makes things much more clear. I was misunderstanding there was a distinction between 'Imori' and 'Imori with Powers' -- but it makes much more sense now, thank you.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Wispyr

Quote from: lockepick on September 23, 2015, 03:01:29 PM
Thank you very much, all three of you, for the clarification -- that makes things much more clear. I was misunderstanding there was a distinction between 'Imori' and 'Imori with Powers' -- but it makes much more sense now, thank you.
Absolutely! Glad we could clear it up for you. If you've got any more, feel free to shout out here.