Vampire the Masquerade: Seattle by Night [closed for now! Thank you, all! <3 ]

Started by Blythe, August 27, 2016, 05:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on August 31, 2016, 08:33:27 AM
-raises hand- I'm looking to make a neonate. It'll be great, since I'm actually a newbie. Or it'll be terrible. However it goes, I'll give it a try.

Received your PM, will get back to you some time today. :)

Rummy Tum Tum

Blythe

@RedPhoenix : Sheet approved, so yay, we have a Keeper of Elysium.  :-) Before I post her up in the CS thread, though, you have the option to start at a full Blood Pool. If you prefer not to, that's also fine, but wanted to be sure you knew you had the option.

AndyZ

Dog's Quest is going very well, but that means I'm not getting enough creativity in other places.  It looks like I may not get out an idea within the next few days.  Apologies.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Hades

Quote from: Blythe on August 31, 2016, 09:42:57 AM
Current rating means 'old rating.'

Example: If you had 1 dot of an ability, to bump it higher, you'd pay 2 EXP (Current rating [1] x 2).

I tend to keep it that way because it encourages people to diversify out their Abilities.

My bad on your sheet, Hades, go buy moar things. >_>;

PM sent with a request for moar of the things. :D

Blythe

And because I need to do this to keep up, gotta make a VtM to-do:
> Review Lockepick's sheet
> Review Geeklet's sheet
> RubySlippers -> Equipment review, make sheet changes as requested
> Rummy's PM and brainstorming ideas!

If your name isn't in my to-do and I owe you an answer for something, PM me. Running a large sandbox is going to be fun, but there is also the chance I'll miss details sometimes, so please don't hesitate to speak up if you think I might have forgotten you!

RubySlippers

I'm working on another character should be ready to post but any clans not represented yet with a neonate?

Blythe

@ Geeklet: Sheet approved!  I'll post Sandra up in the CS thread shortly!

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 31, 2016, 04:23:05 PM
I'm working on another character should be ready to post but any clans not represented yet with a neonate?

Hmmm. We've got a Caitiff, two Malkavians, and now a Nosferatu--In terms of neonates, I would strongly like to see Brujah, Ventrue, Gangrel, Tremere, Toreador, and there's room for another Nosferatu. I'd also allow a Schismatic Assamite who's broken from the main Clan and gone to the Camarilla. Not currently permitting other Caitiff, thin-bloods, or more Malkavians until things balance out a bit more.

(Please note that 2nd characters will take longer for me to approve; I'm prioritizing those on their first characters)

Re Z L

It's been a long time since I've played a V:tM game, and this has put the itch back in my brain...

I think I'd like to do either a Toreador or a Nossie, might be a day or two before I can piece something together though
A&A

Blythe

Quote from: Re Z L on August 31, 2016, 05:31:53 PM
It's been a long time since I've played a V:tM game, and this has put the itch back in my brain...

I think I'd like to do either a Toreador or a Nossie, might be a day or two before I can piece something together though

Most excellent--either of those would be acceptable! Feel free to PM me if you want to run any concepts by me or brainstorm character ideas. (I don't mind a bit of a delay; I'm still working through submitted sheets and PMs)

Blythe

@ Lockepick: Sheet approved! I'll post him up in the CS thread. So...we got a new Sheriff in town.  ;D

Feel free to pick out equipment, Lockepick, and PM me so I can review it.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Blythe on August 31, 2016, 02:26:20 PM
@RedPhoenix : Sheet approved, so yay, we have a Keeper of Elysium.  :-) Before I post her up in the CS thread, though, you have the option to start at a full Blood Pool. If you prefer not to, that's also fine, but wanted to be sure you knew you had the option.

Definitely prefer to start at full! Thank you! <3
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Rummy Tum Tum

Name: Jack Greene
Clan: Gangrel
Gender/Sex: Male
Nature: Martyr
Demeanor: Loner
Generation: 9th

Attributes

Strength: ***
Dexterity: **** (Feline Grace)
Stamina: ***

Charisma: *
Manipulation: **
Appearance: ***

Perception: ***
Intelligence: **
Wits: ***

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: **
Athletics: **
Brawl: **
Dodge: *
Empathy: ***
Expression:
Intimidation:  *
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge: *

Skills:
Animal Ken: ***
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms: **
Melee:
Performance:
Security: *
Stealth: **** (Silent Movement)
Survival: ***

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer: *
Finance:
Investigation: **
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine: *
Occult: *
Politics:
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Generation: ****
Mentor: ****
Disciplines:
Animalism: *
Fortitude: *
Protean: **

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction: ***

Self-Control/Instinct: ***

Courage: ****

Humanity/Path: 6

Willpower: 5

Blood Pool: 14 (2 per turn)

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
(-1) Acute Sense: Sight is exceptionally sharp. The difficulties for all tasks involving the use of this particular sense are reduced by two.
Flaws:
(+3) Haunted: Jack will be haunted by the spirit of his late father.

Personality: Jack was an openly kind child, but as he grew older, he grew more cynical, and began to act coldly towards others. Kindness and playfulness still reside within him, it is just well hidden, and saved only for those he deems worthy of it or in need of it. He is a good listener, but not much of a talker. Most notably, he can tend to be incredibly sarcastic or rude. He prefers honest, straightforward conversations, and the concept of dealing in politics-- kindred or kine-- disturbs him. The things he values most are freedom, trust, and loyalty.

History: Jack's childhood was relatively normal. Go to school, make friends, play sports, get older, see your parents divorce, get over it and enjoy the boon of having two Christmases. Simple stuff. But things changed when one night, his father came home, ranting and raving about how he saw a vampire suck a man dry. He called the authorities, of course, but was met with the expected irritation and disbelief such claims would bring. Being a thirteen year old boy, Jack was past believing in vampires and fairy tales, but he didn't want to tell his father that he thought he might be going crazy. Maybe he didn't want to believe it. Whatever the case was, he stood by, watching as his father's sanity seemed to deteriorate before him, and his obsession became overwhelming. He met with other nut jobs who believed in the supernatural; people who claimed to be on a righteous mission to cleanse such unholy scum from this earth. Obviously, things got crazier from then on. His father would spend nights out hunting with his new fellows, carrying crosses and shotguns. He lost his job, and was barely able to keep minimum wage work. Jack had to pitch in, doing odd jobs for cash just to keep them off the streets. Some mornings, his father would come back manically declaring victory against the devil himself. He would rope Jack into fervent prayer sessions, and eventually began training him in the way of the hunt, determined to get the young man to believe in his cause and join up. Several times, Jack tried his hand at running away, but as crazed as his father seemed to be, he was an excellent tracker. In the end, he resigned to staying, and hoped that he could somehow get through to his father. This endeavor went about as well as one might expect.

The year was 1999, Jack's twenty-fourth birthday had recently passed, and his father had grown tired of his bitter, sardonic remarks, defiant ways, and refusal to believe in the truth of the world. He decided that on the night of this hunt, he would bring Jack along, despite his unwillingness. Jack wasn't quite sure what to expect. All he knew for sure was that his father and his band of loony misfits went out on some nights with shotguns, and sometimes people would come back wounded or splattered in blood. He never asked any questions, but knew that whatever they did while claiming to hunt vampires was indeed dangerous. For all he knew, they were hunting goths or gangsters in the streets. He would openly admit his fear in this situation.

As they wandered through a forested area on the outskirts of town, in search of what they called a "feral vampire", they were met with a grim surprise. Having no clue that they themselves were being stalked, they obliviously stepped into the traps laid out by a far superior hunter. Before he could understand what was happening, he was grappled from behind. Some hunters now hung upside down by their legs from tree branches, and others were crying out in pain as bear traps snapped at their ankles, crunching bone. His father suffered the latter treatment. Jack struggled, but he might as well have been a toddler trying to break free from an adults grasp. As he glanced over his shoulder, he caught a glimpse of glowing red eyes, and the truth finally dawned on him. The woman jeered and called out intimidating words to the hunters, but his mind was too busy racing to take in everything she said. His father had been right this entire time, and he had treated him like a lunatic. Looking into his father's hopeless, fearful eyes, his heart grew full with remorse and sadness, enough to almost rival the sheer terror. Then he saw as his father fought through the pain and grab for his shotgun. A very brief feeling of optimism was immediately overshadowed by confusion and horror as the gun was aimed at him. "I'd rather watch my boy die than get turned by some demon bitch!" his father cried, and he followed this venomous line with a pull of the trigger. Jack would remember this moment for the rest of his short life, and-- he was sure-- for the rest of his unlife as well. There was no hesitation in it. In fact, he seemed glad to deny the vampire her meal. Petty vengeance disguised as an act of valiant sacrifice. This is how he came to see it.

Extreme pain hit him like a truck, convulsions wracked his body, and the screams and shrieks around him cut through the night as death's embrace threatened to take him. Next, there was more pain, but it was relatively slight, and accompanied by a rapturous pleasure that overwhelmed every other sense. He remembers smiling as he was fed upon, and how he felt himself grow jittery with laughter, or perhaps it was just the death throes. Perhaps both. He also remembers waking with the most ravenous hunger in the pit of his stomach. He fed on his father and the other hunters with little hesitation. The guilt and disgust he felt afterward, mixed with divine euphoria, would be experienced many times after this. Now that his embrace was complete, he was introduced to his Sire. Her name was Grendel, and as he would soon learn, she was kind of a big deal; as was the fact that she embraced him without permission. For one of her status, fortunately, asking forgiveness rather than permission was apparently an option.

The next year was mired in lessons about Kindred life, and training in the art of the hunt. Grendel was a demanding teacher, and not one to repeat herself, but she was fair overall. She fostered his independence, and rewarded his advancement in skill while punishing failure. She said what she meant, and had no problem doing so. She also showed a surprising amount of kindness to him. He respected her skill from the start, but began respecting her as person rather quickly. Seemingly without effort, she had won his loyalty. Now, his training is over, and it is time for his official lessons to come to an end. He will be presented to Prince Telucti, and providing he doesn't fuck up and get himself killed, he will attain the rank of Neonate.

Your O/Os for this character: Pretty much anything not involving scat or gore.

Freebies

Merits: -1
Flaws: +3

17 Points
(-3) Mentor (1 to 4) = 14
(-4) Empathy (1 to 3) = 10
(-2) Subterfuge (0 to 1) = 8
(-7) Protean (1 to 2) = 1
(-1) Willpower (4 to 5) = 0

marauder13

Quote from: Blythe on August 31, 2016, 05:08:01 PM
@ Geeklet: Sheet approved!  I'll post Sandra up in the CS thread shortly!

Hmmm. We've got a Caitiff, two Malkavians, and now a Nosferatu--In terms of neonates, I would strongly like to see Brujah, Ventrue, Gangrel, Tremere, Toreador, and there's room for another Nosferatu. I'd also allow a Schismatic Assamite who's broken from the main Clan and gone to the Camarilla. Not currently permitting other Caitiff, thin-bloods, or more Malkavians until things balance out a bit more.

(Please note that 2nd characters will take longer for me to approve; I'm prioritizing those on their first characters)

Ears twitch and brain juices start to flow...

I also have an Idea for an interesting Toreador too, since they appear to be lacking atm. Or I could bring in a Tremere for some "Prince Lovin"...

Please take your pick, Good Sir, oh GMly type, and I shall run some numbers and see what I can come up with. Pity we cant use the old clan books...

Blythe

Rummy, I'll review your sheet today. :)

And maurader....oh man it's so hard to pick between them. But you said Schismatic Assamite's got the creative juices flowing, so go with that one.  ;D

Rummy Tum Tum

Blythe

@ Rummy --Sheet approved! I'll post Jack up in the CS thread and PM you!

Rummy Tum Tum

Re Z L

Name:  Edward Burgess (AKA "Baby-Face Eddy", "Ears", and "Mummy")
Clan:  Nosferatu
Gender/Sex:  Male/Male
Nature:  Trickster
Demeanor:  Guru
Generation:  11th

Attributes

Strength: ***
Dexterity: ***
Stamina: **** (Tough as Nails)

Charisma: ***
Manipulation: ***
Appearance: 0

Perception: ***
Intelligence: **
Wits: ***

Abilities

Talents (9):
Alertness:  **
Athletics:  *
Brawl: 
Dodge:  **
Empathy:  ***
Expression:   ***
Intimidation:  *
Leadership:
Streetwise:  *
Subterfuge:  ***

Skills (5):
Animal Ken:  **
Crafts: 
Drive: 
Etiquette: 
Firearms: 
Melee:  **
Performance: 
Security: 
Stealth:  ***
Survival: 

Knowledges (13):
Academics:  ***
Computer:  **** (Bypassing Security)
Finance:  **
Investigation:  **** (Database Research)
Law:  *
Linguistics:  *
Medicine: 
Occult: 
Politics:  **
Science: 

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Status (Nosferatu)  ***
Status (Camarilla)  **
Generation:  **

Domain:  *

An unreclaimed section of the remains from the Seattle Fire of 1889--the tunnels themselves and the street level above.

Contacts:  ***

WSDOT Supervisor
Animal Control Officer
FedEx Freight Manager

Retainers:  *
Ghouled Raven

Disciplines:
Animalism:  **
Obfuscate:  **
Potence:  **

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction:  ****

Self-Control/Instinct:  ***

Courage:  ***

Humanity/Path:  *******

Willpower:  ******

Blood Pool:
Current:  12
Maximum: 12
Blood Points per turn: 1

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)
Enchanting Voice (2)
Concentration (1)
Code of Honor (2)
Calm Heart (3)
Elysium Regular (1)
Inoffensive to Animals (1)

Flaws: (list points!)
Soft Hearted (1)
Anosmia (2)
Necrophile (3)

Personality:

Like some undead caricature of the Budai he is amicable and friendly, at least by outward appearances.  Where he used to beat people near to death with a smile on his face he now erodes their sense of self with a similar smile and a jocular quip.  He is generally a "warm-hearted" sort, though at times his comments can seem scathing if he deems it necessary to take a more direct approach with someone.  Purifying the ideas and emotions of others, after all, can be a painful process for them but he attempts to ease them into it when needed.

Of course he has darker parts of his psyche--just as all vampires do--which he deals with on his own.  Growing lonely for a time he turned to keeping himself company with the dead, and having grown quite accustomed to their company tends to keep them around in areas that he is frequently alone.  Being social by nature he prefers having company, either imagined or real which has lead to him frequenting the local Elysium.

Some vestiges of his past remain in his demeanor.  He is a prim and proper gangster, and he carries himself as such despite the new attitudes he has towards life.  This can be off-putting at first, but people generally warm up to him over time when the realize he is a little deeper than the old habits.

Code of Honor

His Code of Honor mimics the Five Precepts (referenced at the end).

• Do not kill living beings
    Notes:  Self explanatory, but it is worth mentioning that the undead do not qualify (he doesn't advertise this of course)
  • Do not cling to material or immaterial things
    Notes:  One of the more confusing ones.  Basically this is the avoiding of desire for specific things (positions of power, personal property) and thus means no stealing or doing things to hold onto what he has.  Generally he will not take things unless the person is freely giving it to him.  He doesn't extend this to taking blood from mortals though it does cause him some measure of grief.
  • Do not participate in sexual misconduct
    Notes:  Self explanatory.  Misconduct, in this case, means perversions that are illegal or that may cause harm.  Generally he will abstain from any sexual activity.
  • Do not use incorrect speech
    Notes:  Another confusing precept that has a variety of meanings.  For mechanical purposes it means not directly lying.  The exception being that he can mislead people if it will lead to some greater benefit (ie. tricking people into doing the right thing).
  • Do not cloud the mind with alternate states of consciousness
    Notes:  Don't let the Beast take over.  Don't use drugs.  Pretty straightforward.  Being the victim of temporary derangements will cause him some measure of grief (ie. Dementation) and he will never learn such a discipline that would cause that on others.

Five Precepts

The Five Precepts:

• Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures.
  • Adinnadana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given.
  • Kamesu micchacara veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.
  • Musavada veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech.
  • Suramerayamajja pamadatthana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami
    I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness.

History:

The Roarin' Twenties weren't always quite so roarin' for certain groups of people.  For Eddy growing up was harsh enough as it was, though his parents got the real brunt of it.  Getting work was hard enough as it was in old Pennsylvania, so they eventually moved a little farther to the west, ending up in Chicago around the time Eddy was in his teens.

Between youthful indiscretion and parents that were too busy trying to find work it wasn't too difficult for him to get into trouble until he eventually wound up on the radar of splintered groups of Capone's gangs.  It's always good to get them when they're young, or so they say, and Eddy was ripe for the taking.  It was just an after-school job--which helped out at home some--at first but eventually it became more and more morally ambiguous what it was he was doing until eventually he was working more directly for a burgeoning criminal empire.  'Enforcer' was something of a quaint way of saying that Eddy's job was to go around and make sure people upheld their ends of bargains.  He was pretty good at it too.  It was a rare talent to have to keep up a polite conversation with a smile on your face while using a baseball bat to break a person's knees.  It helped that he had kind of a youthful, innocent look to him too.

Of course Capone couldn't stay on the wrong side of the law for long without something coming along to snatch him up, but luckily Eddy was long gone by then.  Ironically he was already nearer to Alcatraz than Capone was.  They were expanding work in San Francisco in order to get a better footing on the Opium trade and the powers that be decided that such a place was a great area to use Baby-Face-Eddy in.  Years went by and leadership came and went, but Eddy stayed pretty constant in the underbelly of San-Fran--an obvious fixture in the areas that had long since started to be called China Town.

Unbeknownst to him, though, a certain section of society had started to take a notice of his activities.  There were two particular vampires that might have at one point been his future sire.  A Brujah had taken some liking of Eddy's direct methods for doing what he did, and a Nosferatu that had noticed something different than what the Brujah saw.  Through either deception or savvy political maneuvering it was the Nosferatu that secured the rights to recruit him, and so began a lengthy process of education and eventual embrace.

His future Sire was an odd one, serving as something of a spiritual leader amongst those that lived near a meager Buddhist temple in Chinatown.  As such he had some sway over the community and crossed paths on more than one occasion with Eddy.  It wasn't until he knew he could safely embrace him that his Sire began more pronounced destruction of Eddy's views (and subsequently his life).  Eddy was, at this point, little more than a leaf drifting on the breeze and felt very little direction in his life.  The suffering he caused was in turn beginning to cause suffering of his own--mental, emotional, and in some cases physical.  After Capone had been caught he knew that, inevitably, he would be caught as well which made him susceptible for the prodding from his future Sire.

Through judicious use of Obfuscate and a skillfully developed ability to impersonate others, his would-be Sire inserted himself into various facets of Eddy's life and began to poke holes in his world view.  Like water eroding a stone Eddy was slowly worn down over the course of several years, but it wasn't until the time when the authorities were finally coming for him that his Sire eventually struck.  Pulling in a couple of favors he arranged for Eddy's "death" to sever his remaining ties to his past life and subsequently Embraced him.  His Sire then continued his mentoring, having him aid around the temple for a time, until Eddy was used to his new unlife.

Eventually Eddy had to leave, and so he set out to the north to Seattle where he began to build up an "empire" of his own.  He decided to try and help keep others of his kind honest--to a point--amongst each other and to themselves.  He became something of a moral or spiritual "eye of the storm" which eventually earned him the status of a Harpy in the local Elysium, strangely enough.  And it is there that he has remained for many many years.

Your O/Os for this character:

Probably won't be too relevant, but has the same ons/offs as the player.
Note:  I'm generally open to things as well, if you're curious about something feel free to PM me.

Bonus Points (15)

Flaws

• Soft Hearted (+1 BP)
  • Anosmia (+2 BP)
  • Necrophile (+3 BP)

Merits

• Enchanting Voice (-2 BP)
  • Concentration (-1 BP)
  • Code of Honor (-2 BP)
  • Calm Heart (-3 BP)
  • Elysium Regular (-1 BP)
  • Inoffensive to Animals (-1 BP)

Abilities

• Stealth 2 -> 3 (-2 BP)
  • Animal Ken 1 -> 2 (-2 BP)
  • Subterfuge 2 -> 3 (-2 BP)

Willpower 3 -> 6 (-3 BP)

Backgrounds

• Contacts 2 -> 3 (-1 BP)
  • Retainers 0 -> 1 (-1 BP)

Experience Points (75)

Animalism 1 -> 2 (-5 xp)
Obfuscate 1 -> 2 (-5 xp)
Potence 1 -> 2 (-5 xp)
Status (Nosferatu) 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Status (Nosferatu) 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Status (Nosferatu) 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
Status (Camarilla) 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Status (Camarilla) 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Manipulation 2 -> 3 (-8 xp)
Expression 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Expression 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
Alertness 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Finance 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Investigation 3 -> 4 (-6 xp)
Computer 3 -> 4 (-6 xp)
Empathy 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
Etiquette 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Dodge 0 -> 1 (-3 xp)
Dodge 1 -> 2 (-2 xp)
Academics 2 -> 3 (-4 xp)
A&A

Blythe

Looking forward to seeing the fleshed out personality and history! (Also, love those pictures for your character!). There will be a delay of a few days as I'll be away, so I won't get a chance to review your sheet until around Sunday or Monday, so I do apologize in advance for that delay.

(For those unaware, Re Z L is applying to possibly play a Nosferatu Harpy for Seattle's domain!)

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

marauder13

Quote from: Blythe on September 02, 2016, 10:07:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing the fleshed out personality and history! (Also, love those pictures for your character!). There will be a delay of a few days as I'll be away, so I won't get a chance to review your sheet until around Sunday or Monday, so I do apologize in advance for that delay.

(For those unaware, Re Z L is applying to possibly play a Nosferatu Harpy for Seattle's domain!)

For one, I look forward to there being a Nos Harpy. If he wants that position, I say let him have it.

Once I have a few more overdue posts done, I will return to making my character for this game. Once it is approved, I am open to anyone wanting to have some connection with him - good or ill - to help liven up the game.

Blythe

There's more than one slot for a Harpy--I'm allowing up to three Harpies, because gossip and reputation mongering seems like it'd have a more visceral feel with more than one Harpy.

And take whatever time you need, marauder13! I'm still working on getting the game set up, and I will not have any IC threads open until the 5th (Monday), so there's still time to submit characters. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

Re Z L

I agree, the more Harpies the better  ;D

Birds of a feather and all that
A&A