Looking for Legend of the Five Rings 5e Small Game

Started by ShadowFox89, July 23, 2023, 02:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Just as the title implies, I'm looking for a smaller game of legend of the five rings 5e. Preferably 1-3 players as it seems like larger games tend to just die on the vine. I have a number of ideas for a character but the specific idea will depend on other players interest and what the prospective GM would be willing to try and run.

With that said, I hope this gets some traction. I know the setting has it's fans on E, it's just a matter of folks having the time and energy to run/play.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

I have the core book, assuming 5e is the one with the Stress mechanic.  I’d be up for playing.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ShadowFox89

That would be the one. There's been an attempt or two in the past to get one going but they always end up fizzling out.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

I'll go ahead and put my interest down as well.

BruceTheCat

Would there still be interest in this game if it were run using 4e?

Big fan of the game, but I only know 4e. But I know it very well, and have a catalog of game ideas.

Let me know, I would be excited to run this.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

AndyZ

I don’t know 4e very well but I’d be up for trying.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

HairyHeretic

4e I know. What kind of game are you thinking about running?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

BruceTheCat

I’m not certain yet, if the group is up for 4th edition it would be great to know who is still interested.

What I will likely do is a game where all of the players belong to a Minor House. I will roll up three distinctly different Minir Houses, tell you roughly where they would be located, then let the players decide which they would like to pick.

The goal of the game character wise would be to go out and earn honour and glory and fame for your Minor House. Some event in Rokugan would unfold that the Minor Clan will get swept up into. Loyalties would be put into question, what is honor and how far will it make you go

That sort of thing
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Another idea I have is a game that takes place primarily at the Imperial Capitol, and everyone can play whichever Great Clan they would like.

I’ll think on it. If anyone has any preferences or ideas, let me know
- scribus1000

AndyZ

I’m questioning whether I should be in.  I don’t have the 4e book and not sure I want to buy it since I’d only be using it for this game and likely never again.  Sorry.

ShadowFox89

I'd honestly prefer 5e, it's the system I know best and won't have to go back to reread everything to make a character and play.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Pumpkin Seeds

I could definitely stand to learn 5e better. Just never seems to click for me. Played it once but don’t feel they used it well so wasn’t very satisfying to learn.

Also have 4e if that is up for grabs as well.

Captain Whitebread

<waves at Pumpkin Seed>

How you been, stranger?

Also, if this game happens, I would like to know.  I've set up to play LO5R twice and it never happened.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Pumpkin Seeds

Hi Hi!

Just busy and trying to dip toes back in the waters of Elliquiy.

Captain Whitebread

ShadowFox89

Bumping this and still hoping to get a GM for a L5R5e game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

Captain Whitebread

Pumpkin Seeds

Part of me just wants to start making dome characters to understand the system better.

Captain Whitebread

Certainly an idea.

I'm not even sure which edition I've made characters for.

Pumpkin Seeds

They use a 20 questions format with a bit more meat to it.

Captain Whitebread

Pumpkin Seeds

Might be an idea. Not sure if we could do that here. Just posting up some characters, maybe show off the character creation process.

Captain Whitebread

More likely to lure more players rather than a GM.

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

When you say 5e do you mean Adventures in Rokugan or the New L5r with the special dice that Fantasy Flight loves so much lol.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

Ah okay, Thanks for letting me know good luck in the search.

ShadowFox89

Bumping this again, still looking for a game of this. And to reiterate, this is an interest check for the 5th edition of legend of the five rings, using the system initially made by FFG.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Captain Whitebread

AndyZ

I don't know the system but I have the 5e book and would be up for trying to play.