News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Warcraft roleplaying! Yeeha!

Started by Nachtmahr, October 27, 2009, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipsed Northern Star

sounds nice but ive seen a whole lot allies but very few Horde side are we going to even out or just run with it?

Chuukun

Well, I'd say forcing people to take something other than they want just to even out the numbers would harm the rp more than it would benefit from it. After all, the Argent Crusade is a united front so it shouldn't really matter.

Primarch

Quote from: Eclipse on November 04, 2009, 11:21:10 AM
sounds nice but ive seen a whole lot allies but very few Horde side are we going to even out or just run with it?

I could play a Night Elf or a Blood Elf, I'd be happy with either.

Chuukun

Alright, I'm trying to put up a character-thread soon. I'm tempted to put it in "NC-Exotic" because some people have expressed interest in playing a hermaphroditic character.

Does anyone want to include something that would require this rp to be categorized as "Extreme"? (i.e. Gore, Vore, Scatplay, Tentacles, Bestiality)

Primarch

Quote from: Chuukun on November 04, 2009, 11:36:20 AM
Alright, I'm trying to put up a character-thread soon. I'm tempted to put it in "NC-Exotic" because some people have expressed interest in playing a hermaphroditic character.

Would it even be NC? I can't imagine it is, unless people are putting their bodies on the line in a wager, or something to that effect.

Biles

Hmm, I'm not so familiar with many expansions sets of WoW even though I have a loose general knowledge about the Warcraft universe as I've only played the main trilogy RTS games. I was hoping this RP would accommodate to newcomers who aren't as versed in WoW, also I was kinda hoping we'd be able to forge out a new entire different scenario all completely.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Chuukun

QuoteWould it even be NC? I can't imagine it is, unless people are putting their bodies on the line in a wager, or something to that effect.

Well, there is no "Non-non-consensual exotic", is there? ^^ Seriously, a lot of stuff in the NC-categories tends to grow consensual pretty quickly anyway.

QuoteHmm, I'm not so familiar with many expansions sets of WoW even though I have a loose general knowledge about the Warcraft universe as I've only played the main trilogy RTS games. I was hoping this RP would accommodate to newcomers who aren't as versed in WoW, also I was kinda hoping we'd be able to forge out a new entire different scenario all completely.

And yes, the plot may not cater to everyone entirely new to the WoW-Universe, but I assure you, I will try to make the introduction as easy to grasp as possible. Still, there will be fighting involved and even further stuff, but since this is based on WoW, there should be some knowledge already present.

And yes, we could try to make up a new scenario, but then we would lose ourselves in endless discussions again about how it should be and whether Alliance and Horde should work together. I am willing to take care of this idea, and I consider the Argent Tournament to be a fair compromise to give anyone a way to start off.

For anyone who needs to read up on whatever is referenced, there is this site where you can learn a lot about the WoW-Lore and the classes and the general plot in general. Anyone who is not familiar with it WILL need to read up on it. This is what I deem to be somewhat necessary if one wishes to join a game and knows nothing about, informations should be provided by the GM, but if there are sources for players to learn it themselves, they owe it to everyone involved to do so.

Primarch

Quote from: Chuukun on November 04, 2009, 12:01:29 PM
Well, there is no "Non-non-consensual exotic", is there? ^^ Seriously, a lot of stuff in the NC-categories tends to grow consensual pretty quickly anyway.

True, although there is the Light Exotic board if memory serves....then again putting one's body on the line in a wager would be amusing, of course, celebrating each night as if its one's last (which is certainly may be, with the whole constant war thing) is amusing.

SirHakado

NC would probably be wiser.

I mean, it gives us more options, and what better wager then your own body.
(I mean, all gear is Soulbound anyways, and money is boring :P)

In this case, more options is better, IMO.

And we can let Horde in too.
I'll still stick with my Draenai, probably Mage.

Treena

iwould like to play as well eclipse and i can be belf that were taken hostage. preferably i would like to play a belf lock.

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Chuukun

Alright everybody, I will attempt to set up a general thread with the introduction to the scenario and anohter one including character profile so that we can can start the roleplay soon.

Coincidentally, my guild is raiding now, so if you'll excuse me, I'm busy for three hours now =D So for now, try working over your characters in your head and possible plots.

SirHakado

Eclipsed Northern Star

lol yes and YAY TREENA we could totally have been captured by LK or BK XD or for those who dunno what im saying Lich king and Black Knight XD tis so much fun to be had XD ok ok ok ill calmdown ^^ and scribble down ideas and Character sheet for DKs though there probably won't be to many XD

SirHakado

The Argent Tournament already gives us a oppertunity to mingle and party like there's no tomorrow (there might not be, after all :P) so maybe capture isnt the best idea?

Not trying to discourage you, but if you're caught at first you might not be able to do much in the beginning.

Chuukun

Little raid-break, so a word from me about that:

The Argent Tournament so far is only the backdrop and its arc (Construction, battles inside and then raid on Icecrown) is only a rough guideline for the overall story. If people want to have their own, somewhat seperate plots, you're welcome to. Although please keep in mind that it might put you at a disadvantage in terms of freedom to roleplay to begin with.

So far, nothing is set in stone though, so scheme all you want and we'll see what we can do about it later on...

Primarch

Would anyone have an issue with people RPing use of equipment being on par with gear it wouldn't be in game? Like, some lower level gear looks awesome, while the higher level stuff starts looking ridiculous. As its an RP game, I don't see the harm in using lower level equipment as if it were "a higher level." 

Rachubka

I have zero complaints! I just hope to be able to keep up with the WoW mumbo jumbo. I played for a month or so, more or less to ween myself off of FFXI. So that's the extent of my Warcraft knowledge. I'm pretty much only interested in having an Blood Elf / Night Elf hunter. lol

Aaaaaand, I think Primarch forgot about me in the masquerade thread. :( Heeee, just kidding.

Chuukun

No. Considering it was often discussed to implement a feature in WoW to transfer the stats of a high-level item to the skin of a lower-level one, I have no objections. Whatever you think looks cool on your character is what he/she should wear.

Btw, I'm about to set up a tentative first Character-Thread, so keep an eye out for it.

Primarch

Quote from: Chuukun on November 04, 2009, 04:15:44 PM
No. Considering it was often discussed to implement a feature in WoW to transfer the stats of a high-level item to the skin of a lower-level one, I have no objections. Whatever you think looks cool on your character is what he/she should wear.

Excellent

QuoteAaaaaand, I think Primarch forgot about me in the masquerade thread. :( Heeee, just kidding.

I forgot no such thing, and I shall post to it before I go to bed, of that I promise.

Chuukun

And the Profile thread is up! Please note that I will npc all important story characters that drive the plot, such as Tirion, Jaina, Varian, Thrall, Sylvanas and Garrosh! So those characters are not up for grabs. Anything else is legit though!

Check it out HERE!

Treena

lol eclipse. i will talk with you about our characters tommorrow.

Treena'sWiki

Biles

Ah great, it'll be awhile for those of us who haven't actually played WoW to ruminate on what is offered in that thread. :D
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

Primarch

*pokes everyone who hasn't put up an app* Waiting on you guys! ;D

Chuukun

Indeed. If anyone still wants to join this rp, better do it soon.

Treena

sadly ~looks at eclipse with a sad look~ I am not going to rp this time around for a warcraft game.

Treena'sWiki