The Descent into Madness (Lovecraftian Horror) [Recruiting]

Started by Totoro, September 13, 2017, 07:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Quote from: Kuroneko on September 17, 2017, 12:00:29 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it. Honestly, it's probably my brain's way of telling me I have too much on my plate already ;) (she says, while grading 50 weekly assignments  :-\ )

No problem. Hope the grading's not too taxing, although I can only imagine it must be.

Totoro

Still looking for at least another two characters and as many as six more. So there's absolutely plenty of space.

Because things were a bit limited I think I'm okay with people playing mostly non-investigators. Story wise it makes sense that that was primarily Evans and Peel themselves's job. So if you have a character idea I'd love to hear it.

Remiel

Ugh, sorry guys.  Some thing always keeps popping up...

But today!  I will create a character!  This will happen!

Valerian

"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on September 21, 2017, 12:51:09 PM
Ugh, sorry guys.  Some thing always keeps popping up...

But today!  I will create a character!  This will happen!

I was just debating poking you but I'm glad we're en route. Got one other CS that should be in soon and we're all good.

Plan is to keep recruitment open post-starting and have others be introduced as characters the original PC's meet along the way. But we'll always be keeping the game small and focused.

Roen

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Totoro

Quote from: Roen on September 21, 2017, 02:59:22 PM
Room for one more?

Absolutely. Not started yet so you're welcome to be a part of the Agency itself. Feel free to PM character ideas/questions.

I will say I'd prefer if the CS could be in soon-ish (Next few days) to hopefully coincide with the other two so we can get going soon. But that's just my impatience talking.

Wolfling72

only here to see when this will be starting so that I can book mark it and read along...I
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Imogen

Quote from: Wolfling72 on September 21, 2017, 04:06:48 PM
only here to see when this will be starting so that I can book mark it and read along...I

Wolfling! -pounces- Hello again!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Wolfling72

Quote from: Imogen on September 21, 2017, 04:08:16 PM
Wolfling! -pounces- Hello again!

*pounces da pouncer* Hi hi!! I have been in and out of this thread since it's inception but the way I build characters, I can not imagine they would be a good fit. *le sigh*

So, I keep chiecking back to see when the GM will get it up and running so that I can read ALL OF THE WORDS.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Totoro

Quote from: Wolfling72 on September 21, 2017, 04:11:40 PM
*pounces da pouncer* Hi hi!! I have been in and out of this thread since it's inception but the way I build characters, I can not imagine they would be a good fit. *le sigh*

So, I keep chiecking back to see when the GM will get it up and running so that I can read ALL OF THE WORDS.

If you want to PM me and talk out the way you build characters I can try to work something out on some level. Depends how much they wouldn't fit.

Either way I generally can't wait to get things started.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Sun Wukong on September 21, 2017, 04:34:05 PM
If you want to PM me and talk out the way you build characters I can try to work something out on some level. Depends how much they wouldn't fit.

Either way I generally can't wait to get things started.

Nah. At this point I just want to read along. Then, if you ever have recruitment again, at least I would have some viable starting point towards building a character to fit the world.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Totoro

Quote from: Wolfling72 on September 21, 2017, 05:39:56 PM
Nah. At this point I just want to read along. Then, if you ever have recruitment again, at least I would have some viable starting point towards building a character to fit the world.

Cool, that's fine. Hope you enjoy reading.

Just to clarify the recruitment will be ongoing. Due to the general risk of attrition in group games and this one starting with, it looks like, around five players and me being happy to peak at eight it'll only close if we hit around eight players. Either way you're welcome to consider getting involved later or just read along.

Totoro

The game/IC is going to start on Monday 25th. However recruitment is still open and will remain open after that date.

Remiel

Hey guys.  Shameless plug: I hope I'm not stepping on Sun's toes here, but, inspired by this game, as well as by the latest episode of Wil Wheaton's Tabletop, I'm going to try to take a crack at running Eldritch Horror on E.  It's an actual board game, as opposed to a freeform campaign like this one.  But it's set in the H. P. Lovecraft universe, and relies heavily on storytelling/thematic elements.

I've set up an interest check here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=275764.0

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on September 24, 2017, 11:46:49 AM
Hey guys.  Shameless plug: I hope I'm not stepping on Sun's toes here, but, inspired by this game, as well as by the latest episode of Wil Wheaton's Tabletop, I'm going to try to take a crack at running Eldritch Horror on E.  It's an actual board game, as opposed to a freeform campaign like this one.  But it's set in the H. P. Lovecraft universe, and relies heavily on storytelling/thematic elements.

I've set up an interest check here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=275764.0

Would've wanted a PM first if it was a normal group game but as it's a board game I don't really feel like it is stepping my toes at all. That and I'm a big believer in helping each other out to advertise stuff. It looks really cool. Personally I'll probably check in and 'Spectate' instead of play but I hope it runs well.

Remiel

Thanks, Sun.  Do you want me to include a plug for this group in the recruiting thread?

Totoro

Quote from: Remiel on September 24, 2017, 12:16:46 PM
Thanks, Sun.  Do you want me to include a plug for this group in the recruiting thread?

Yeah I'm down with that. I think you get the theme/idea of the game so you're welcome to do it yourself, or I can. Either way it's appreciated.

Roen

Unfortunately, I don't currently have the time to come up with a good periodic character, so I'll just follow for now.
I am going to reserve my right to try and sneak in sometime in the future.

Wishing you lot good luck!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Totoro

Quote from: Roen on September 24, 2017, 01:31:15 PM
Unfortunately, I don't currently have the time to come up with a good periodic character, so I'll just follow for now.
I am going to reserve my right to try and sneak in sometime in the future.

Wishing you lot good luck!

Cool, noted. Feel free to get involved down the line.

Totoro

For anyone who's looking to read along, the IC has started here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=275815.0

Recruitment will still be ongoing, despite the game having started.

Totoro

Just a light bump to say we're still recruiting if anyone's interested in joining, recruitment itself is now open to the people of London on a wider spectrum than just the Agency members.

If interested please take a look through the IC thread and either post here or PM me.

slayerred

I am.  I enjoy Lovecraft.  I was thinking a nosy freelance journalist?