{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled, "Bye Rose, nice meeting you." she called as Rose left. Turning back to Ally, "Yes, you can pull sugar flowers and make birds and all other manner of creations if you have enough control. I'm just going to sketch some more. Have fun in the back." She sat back down at her table and began drawing, conjuring up images of living sugar and chocolate creations.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi glanced at her ring watch and walked up to the counter. She called to the back, "Bye Ally, nice meeting you. I'll be sure to come back and see more of your lovely creations." She turned, gathered up her drawings, leaving the one of Ally dancing and Rose playing the flute on the table for Ally. She walked out the door, closing it softly behind her.

Wistful Dream

It had been a busy day for the whole bakery and Ari was happy to see the waitresses and Ally leave, and to find Eva already heading home for the night. She was always the last one out but she didn't mind, it was nice to see the store settle, to softly coax her fingers over the heads of the candy creatures on the display and feel them nuzzle back. To caress along the wall of the mural and say goodnight in low murmured tones to the magical creatures lingering there.

She sang softly as she did so, in a soft, gentle voice, she didn't sing often these days; at least not in front of people. Ariella was a bright force in the store, but there was something that loomed over her. The girl rubbed her forehead as she locked up the doors and carried up the cold dinner she had made herself of a salad and bread to her apartment beside the bakery.

It had been a good day, and she was happy and thanked the heavens and the magic in her blood that it had been so.  A blessing indeed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NEW DAY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the same routine, although she felt a little light headed today. Regardless she smiled as Vi entered the kitchen from her painting, the cinnamon rolls already going in the ovens and other trays already loaded and ready to be placed in the ovens to prepare them for buying. Deliveries had done a brisk business yesterday, most of the goods went out that way these days. Eva should be along soon which meant she had three cups of hot chocolate waiting and two slices of toast. The first cup went to Vi, the second and third along with the toast she carried out into the main room to wait for her sisters appearance.

She leaned against the counter to try and stay off the trembles in her hands, steadying them against the wood as she frowned. It had only been three days ago when she had last seen the doctor. She didn't want to return this soon. Who would come in today? Ari pondered that, trying to distract herself. She had several regulars she liked very well, but, honestly, she hoped to see that man again, Tom, the one she had ran into a week ago. He was so interesting, more so since she had found that book of his poetry the morning after he was here. He must have lost it when they ran into each other.

At first she had been fascinated by his way with words, and then happy that he would have a reason to come back, only, he didn't. At least not yet. But until he did she would keep it on hand to offer it back to him when she did see him again, thus the reason that it was tucked away in her apron pocket. Waiting, for him to return. Waiting, she was starting to fear the waiting her life had become.

Solaine

This was the best they could do without attracting too much attention in the neighborhood.  A cozy townhouse that was part of a long line of connected homes marching along like a giant caterpillar, with two bedrooms, two baths, an adequate kitchen, living room, way too much closet space for their meager belongings.  They had rented it furnished, so there was no need to get anything new, although Phaedra itched to rearrange her surroundings just to feel that she had some control over her life, at least in something as small as the angle of the loveseat facing the television.

So much control had already been wrenched from her. Although no one ever had a choice in the beginning of his or her life, or what that beginning turned into, for a lucky few, especially here on Earth, an age came when they were free to make decisions that were purely their own.  Where to go to college, what major to take, what job offer to accept, who to marry, where to live, what car to buy, how many children to bear. 

Control.  Or was it?  Did not many Earth inhabitants sometimes feel out of control despite what Phaedra called the condition of Elysium in their lives here on this planet?  Or was this Elysium, or near paradise that she desperately craved, just an illusion?  Did anyone really have any absolute control over their lives?

She would have been happy with the illusion.  If this was illusion, she would take it!  She never had even the glimmer of a choice--- she had been born to a poor woman abandoned by a father that probably wasn’t her biological one, and in turn her mother had abandoned her to the House of Women at the Palace in Onoria.  Basically, court whores had raised her to be another court whore.  No choice once again.

Then a tyrant took away more of her choices, as if she ever had any worth laboring more than a second’s thought over.  The only choice she had made that mattered was her decision to work with the rebels as an informant in the Onorian Court, using her dubious position to glean secrets from the officials and dignitaries she ‘associated’ with.

Not just the tyrant was guilty of this mass abduction of choice.  There was the disease that ravaged many worlds in Atlantis and took away the choice of life from many.  It had almost been taken from Ky.

And yet the disease had given them the first real, life-changing choice in their lives.  It was the one that brought them to Earth, Ky for the first, and Phaedra for the second time.   

So yes, she would take this! This was choice! Choosing the townhouse, choosing the bright blue dolphin motif for her shower curtain, selecting a bottle of perfume amusingly called Alien, and choosing to eat chocolate ice cream in the middle of the day in complete freedom in her own kitchen.  She was now bombarded with the wondrous pleasure of choice all day, every day!

So she decided to make another choice, one where she dressed rebelliously in a dress in rich dark purple—a royal Onorian color.  No cold, shrill voices to tear into her with scathing criticism.  She would wear purple now just because!  And she would wear her thick, dark-brown hair in loose, shiny waves past her shoulders while the dress clung to her ripe curves, and high heels just because they looked nice on her pretty feet and made her legs look shapely and willowy. 

And the best choice of all--- instead of sitting down to dreary study for her board exams, she would go back to Corner Sweets because she longed to see it again.  Just once, she told herself.  A quick coffee, a cookie, then she would be on her way.  Ky, who was working at his new job for a landscape company, would never know.

So, firmly shaking off the guilty feeling she was doing something naughty—she had had enough of that growing up-- she left the townhouse in a cloud of freedom and took the bus to the corner of the red cobblestone street, following it on foot to the Corner Sweets shop and hesitantly opening the door.

“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Mordred

Rex usually prefers to make a soft entrance. The kind that lets him slip inside unseen so he can then observe and decide his next action. Ah but on this particular day, after running blocks trying to lose a small group giving chase, the door to 'Corner Sweets' opened a bit abruptly. This clatter was soon followed by a tiny mob running seen running by the front windows.

Letting out a relieved sigh, Rex then took a deep breath, filling his lungs with the gorgeous scents in this wonderful little shop. Realizing he hadn't eaten anything since the night before, the swirling smells of cinnamon in the air were calling his name. Standing straight from a crouch near the front door, with an attempt at being casual after such an abrupt entrance, Rex did what he did best and gave his genuinely friendly grin to the set of eyes that he believed went from startlement to calm in the flash of a moment.

"Sorry about those brutes outside forcing me to enter in such a wild manner. But I promise I would have visited this lovely shop, regardless." With that, he again took in a deep breath. "Wow, I haven't been here for years. And yet it's exactly as I remember from being a little boy."
*See Pillory*

Spa O o fey

Eva strolled towards the entrance of her store. It appeared Ari had already opened up, for there were people already about. She sighed heavily as she worked her way down the steps, a simple challenge for a heavily pregnant woman.  Wearing a rather lovely yellow sun dress with an empire waist she look delicate, save for her swollen stomach. Her long golden curls fell to the middle of her back the spirals still damp from their earlier cleaning. She looked rather relaxed today, wearing white flats with a built in arch. She needed the extra support after all. Her dress was held by thin lace straps, revealing the freckles of her arms and shoulders, the smooth skin, however it was hidden by her heavy locks and the same long red jacket she had wore the week previously.

Opening the door she almost bumped into the man linger in the threshold, moving around the familiar woman. With a bright smile she greeted both, her voice as sweet as honey this morning. Azure eyes looked the tall man over, or upwards as it were. Tilting her oval face back she looked at him skeptically.

"From when you were a boy? I sir, am only 28 and have had this business only for a couple years. Perhaps there was a shop before hand? If so, that's quite the coincidence." Eva gave a small laugh as her eyes roamed towards her sister, bracing herself on the counter. The giggle died in her throat and she wondered briefly if her sister hadn't slept enough. Ari was often waiting on Eva, as Gegori was just as often busy. She frowned, her thoughts present on her expression. She would make sure her sister was okay, but not publically. She noticed that Ari often liked to put on an air.

Blinking she tried to steel herself from her rapid thoughts, knowing very well that they could be her destruction. Turning her gaze back to the stranger she gave a wonderful smile once more.

Wistful Dream

Ari was startled to have so many people come in all at once, and still worried about Eva being later then normal. She kept the hot chocolate waiting, heating it with a touch of her magic as she covered the toast with a napkin to keep it for a bit. She smiled though when she recognized the young woman, the stranger, Phaedra she believed who she had made sandwiches for the same day she had met Tom.

"Hello again." She offered in a bright sing song, hiding her hands in her apron for the moment, she pressed on into the tiny black book and it helped a bit, thinking happy thoughts always helped her silly trembles. "Its lovely to see you again, can I tempt you with a fresh cinnamon roll, they'll be out of the oven in just a moment."

Vi called through then, from the kitchen with a laugh "They are out now and cooling Ariella, I pulled them out so you just need to do the icing."

"Oh! Thank you Vivian. I don't know where my mind has gone today." Ari replied happily, turning her forget me not eyes back to the woman she hoped would be a regular. "Well would you like one? We have milk as well as coffee and some other juices."

Eva came in, following a man who seemed to be talking to the store as a whole. It was good to see her twin, especially on a day that she looked and felt so well from the appearance so far. Her own hands raised to bring up her cup of hot chocolate and to sip from it, letting the rich flavor fill her mouth and sooth some worries away.

Solaine

“Oh!”  As the man burst in like a wind gust, alarm instantly set Phaedra to prepare for flight, wild thoughts of bounty hunters swiftly turning her feet back toward the door.  Then his friendly smile defused her panic and she slowly relaxed, smiling back.  “People do seem to be dragged into this place by… something.”  Not for one moment did she believe that the mob who had forced him to find Corner Sweets again was the result of dumb luck.  The Fates, she hoped, had known when and where to put him just at this moment… just as they knew where to put her.  Her smile widened into a mischievous grin, revealing a nearly perfect row of pearly white teeth. “For me it was the smell of chocolate.”

She smiled back at the lovely golden woman she remembered from a week ago, one of the twins, the other already waiting with such delectable temptations at the counter.  “Hello! I couldn’t stay away,” she confessed.  Then, unable to help it, her gaze turned to the wall that had delighted them so much on their last visit.  “This place is magic.”

Her violet eyes brightened at Ari’s offer, and her smile warmed even more. “Oh, yes, I would love one, and your delicious coffee, please.”  Only for a few minutes, she told herself.  And yet, even as she chided herself, she was already drifting towards Ari, but not without a lingering smile and a very female, very interested appraisal of the man.  “I can only stay for a little while…” she told Ari regretfully, also including Eva and the man in her statement. 

A little while… oh yes, ‘little while’ sounded so nice and vague.  ‘Little while’ can be anything from a few minutes to an hour, and, in her mind, she could ease her guilt by convincing herself she had only stayed a ‘little while’!
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb

Mordred

Behind the smile, as real and true as it is, Rex thinks to himself 'be careful, you slipped again! Damn can't always rely on the jumble of thoughts that I think of as memories'.

"Lady, forgive me, of course this lovely shop is quite new. I had my streets crossed. I was thinking I was on the northern edge of town."

Taking in a deep breath, he realized somehow he knew each name but carefully acted aloof. "Mmm, Vi", again before catching himself, "could I have a cup of that delicious smelling coffee?"
*See Pillory*

Wistful Dream

Ari had slipped into the kitchen for a moment to lightly glaze each of the rolls before caring the rack out to put in the display case. The smell was fresh and sweet, tempting to be sure, but Ariella by now was so used to the temptations of her own sweets she hardly ate them now a days. It was such a pleasure to see Phaedra again, and she slipped a bun on a tiny plate before fetching a mug and pouring coffee into it. "Sure thing dear, how are you getting settled in? Its $4 today for this." She rang it up.

Then her eyes flickered upward when a man addressed her and her brow furrowed for a moment in confusion. "Vi? She's in the kitchen cleaning off her brushes, I'm Ariella sir. But yes, coffee, right away."

She turned again to pour another mug, reaching up to get the cup only to have her hand shake, trembling with a spasm before the cup fell and shattered on the floor.

Vi appeared then, concern in her eyes as she fetched the dust pan and brush from beneath the counter to sweep it up. "You okay Ari?" she murmured softly.

Mordred

Rex scrambled inside wondering what he said, then realized. "Ariella! Oh jeez I'm sorry. I get confused easily. I think it was getting chased so early in the morning on an empty stomach!"

He jumped down to the floor to pick up the shattered pieces. "A couple years ago, my nephew used to hang around in these streets... he told me about this place and mentioned names. I should have remembered you by your description. He is a silly kid... always bouncing a ball up and down the street. I'm sure he was always gawking in the window at all the goodies."

Rex decided the band of thugs was probably far away. "Here, Ariella, let me pay you for that broken cup. I think I'll be on my way. Sorry again!"
*See Pillory*

Solaine

Phaedra fumbled in her purse, fished for her pocketbook and took out a five dollar bill which she handed to Ari.  “Oh we’re doing very well, thank you for asking,” she smiled.  “We found a place across town, and Ky found a job.  I—well, I’m studying for my license.”  She was supposed to be studying, but she was playing--- what was the word? Hooky? 

When Ari dropped the cup and Rex started picking up the pieces, she reached out, her empath unable to keep from sensing the swift, powerful spike of pain from the other woman, and touched Ari’s trembling hand.  “You’re not well,” she whispered so that only Ari could hear, eyes wide in concern. 

Mordred

As soon as all the pieces were picked up, Rex stood, tipped his head towards each person in 'Corner Sweets', and quickly made his way through the door. What at first seemed vaguely familiar was suddenly rushing into his memories like a tornado. Yes he had been here before. He used to sit in there for hours at times, always enjoying being around so many lovely women.

As he nearly ran towards the door, he clenched his left hand around the other. Best to not let that scar be seen. The marking when roughly two years before he had spilled hot chocolate on his wrist in this very shop. Ariella herself had wrapped his wrist and hand in bandages. Two years before? And yet to Rex it was over twenty years.

Turning one more time, he smiled towards the inhabitants... "Sorry again for this little bit of chaos. Seems to follow me wherever I go, I'm afraid. Maybe next time it'll be under more calm circumstances."

With that, he made his way through the door.
*See Pillory*

Wistful Dream

The man had been so odd, she was worried about him, he had been nice enough to pick up the cup after she had dropped it, offering to pay for it as well. But then he had left, so quickly. However her attention was distracted for the moment by the woman who she looked at,  as her hand softly touched her own. At Phaedra's words she blushed and hung her head slightly before smiling brightly and withdrawing her hand to hide it again in her apron.

"Its really nothing dear, just some silly shakes." She wasn't about to confide in a customer that she was suffering from the effects of a tumor hidden inside her body. She kept such things to herself, she hardly even discussed them with her twin. After all Eva was pregnant and all attention should be on her. Ariella had never been one much for making friends outside of her sister, she was a simple soul and content to make friends with those who came her way, but she never sought out anything else outside of work.

Ariella took the five dollar bill and then held out the change for Phaedra, her hands and shakes completely under control for the moment.

Solaine

Absently, Phaedra dropped the change into the tip container, frowning as she watched the man leave and sensing something very odd about him too. She wasn't likely to forget him...

Then she regarded the other woman earnestly.  She opened her mouth to tell her that she had sensed the disturbance in Ari’s body… then clamped her mouth shut again.  No, she mustn’t stick her empathic nose in strangers' affairs.  You’re not even supposed to be here, she scolded herself.

And yet, she found herself saying tentatively, “If—if you’re not busy, maybe you and your sister will sit and have coffee with me?”

Wistful Dream

Ariella glanced at her, her eyes eyes bright and laughing, totally at ease. "Sure thing, we'll just stick to hot chocolate, I've never liked caffeine and Eva shouldn't be touching the stuff. Just let me check on some things in the kitchen." Ari slipped away from the counter for a moment to go into the kitchen and put in the new trays of things, although Vi seeing her shook her head. "I'll stay in here until you start doing your specialty stuff, its just putting trays in and pulling them out, and you need a break. So shoo."

Ari started a bit, her eyes curious as she regarded the other girl. "Um, okay. If you are sure."

Vi laughed and made waving motions so Ari slipped back into the main room with a slight smile, picking up the mugs she had been keeping warm to carry them over to the table Phaedra was at.

Mordred

In the darkest of night, Rex walked down the streets. Ah, there it is again, 'Corner Sweets'. He recalls the first time walking by this lovely little shop. His father gave him a list of goodies to get. Skipping down the road happily as any child would knowing soon he'd have a mouthful of delicious cookies, he suddenly tripped and fell flat on the street. Yet looking up, there was... his hated older brother. Laughing, he kicked Rex repeatedly before ripping the list out of his hand and shredding it in countless pieces.

A few months later was when his parents vanished. The only good thing was, that horrible brother was gone as well.

Looking in the window on this star-filled night, Rex noticed something on the edge of the window. A tiny scrap of paper. "12 Turt" was all it said. Yet it was enough to send Rex reeling.. to where he nearly collapsed to the cobblestones. I am losing my mind, he thought, tucking the small paper into his pocket. It was part of his fathers list. Something about this shop of sweets... maybe something about this shop has answers.

But then his ever present grin turned into a sour grimace. Or maybe I'm simply closer to falling deeper into insanity which will finally take hold of me entirely.

Climbing sadly to his feet, Rex continued down the road, unaware that another scrap of paper from the same 'list' was stuck to his left shoe.
*See Pillory*

Solaine

Phaedra looked out the window and was startled to see the man again almost sprawling on the cobblestones.  What on Earth was going on with him? She watched him walk away, noticing the paper stuck to his shoe, and barely resisted reaching out with her senses to delve into his mystery, but Ari was already approaching and she turned in her seat to face the other woman with a smile.

“Thank you.” She took her mug and sipped it, studying the other woman over the rim.  “I love your shop, by the way.  I would be here everyday if I can-- but I can't...”  The regret was ever present.

She had so many questions for Ari.  What were they?  What sort of beings inhabited this quaint little shop?

Mithlomwen

Her nose lifted in the air once more, drawing in the heavenly aromas wafting down the street towards her.  Where was it coming from?  She mused to herself as she kept walking.  Such a quaint little street, lined with various shops and the people in them.  If she didn't know any better she would swear she had walked into an artists painting.  A wonderful dreamy one at that. 

Her nose led her down the street and there she finally found the source of the wonderful aromas.  The building itself was quaint as it could be, and it gave one the urge to want to walk inside and see what lay behind the door.  Never one to resist the urge to explore, she walked the rest of the distance  smiling to herself as she read the sign, "Corner Sweets".  From the smells coming from inside, she had no doubt that the sweets inside were amazing. 

Opening the door slowly, she poked her head inside and smiled at the various occupants before stepping all the way inside to look around a bit more. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Kurzyk

The past week had been chaotic. JCAHO, the federal healthcare commission inspectors, were coming to St Marks hospital so all of the departments were buzzing with activity. Tom had his hands full in making sure all aspects of the hospital were in compliance and everyone was prepared for their arrival. Necessary upgrades to hospital floors were nearly complete, patient files were cleaned up and customer service seminars were becoming a weekly mandatory event for all employees.

To make matters worse, Samantha was having problems with the wedding arrangements. Her insistance on Indonesian violacea orchids for the altar was conflicting with the wedding planner's color scheme. They nearly came to blows when she sent half the designer team home for not having, as she put it, any sense of class.

What was most concerning to Tom, was that he had misplaced his poetry book! He had desperately searched his clothes, briefcase and desk drawer at the office to no avail. After retracing his steps, he was pretty sure he had left it at Corner Sweets, and had stopped by a few times in the past week to retrieve it. He figured it must have happened when he bumped into that lovely woman and thought that perhaps she might have it. Unfortunately she had not been around when he returned. Today he hoped she would be.

The woman from the shop had intrigued him. There were nights as he watched Samantha painting her toenails, complaining about some waiter at the club that had not brought her the right drink and was therefore uneducated and beneath her, that his thoughts drifted to her. Her eyes seemed kind and soothing, as if the ocean had opened and held him in passion's gentle embrace. He knew such thoughts were but flights of fantasy as Samantha held his heart and tried to push these thoughts away.

He walked up to the Corner Sweets shop and slowly stepped inside. The friendly aroma brought a smile to his face as he looked around.

Wistful Dream

Ariella settled into her seat, seeing that her sister had decided to go to the bathroom, so it would be a few minutes of just Phaedra and herself. At the compliment to the store she flashed a smile. "It was Evalynn's, my twin sister's idea. She's the brains, I just help out in the kitchen. I like working with my hands." Except for when they shake... she reflected to herself as she took another sip from her drink, enjoying the taste of the perfect temperature liquid, earth magic was useful at times.

"Come as often as you can then dear, I'm Ariella Spicher," she extended her hand "Ari to my friends, if you want to be one."

When a new female came in Ari wondered if she should get up to help her but Vi appeared with a wave at the counter. "Hello miss, can I help you."

So Ari settled back into the chair, relaxing, that is, until he walked int he door. For a moment she just sat completely still before her hand slipped into her pocket to touch the tiny book of poetry. This was it, she had to return it to him, even though she wanted to keep it with her. With a sigh she got to her feet. "I'll be right back..."

And she walked over to him, slipping the book out into her hands before offering it up to him in the cup of her two palms with a bright smile. "I believe this is yours."

Kurzyk

He turned and saw her. Her smile filled the room like a gentle ray of sunshine and he forgot the stress that was crawling around him. He tried to speak but suddenly felt a pang of nervousness. He swallowed and spoke.

"Hello!" he said with an excited smile. He looked down and noticed the book in her hands. A wave of relief passed through him. He had been so worried that is brother might have seen it or any of Sams friends that might have stopped in to the shop. This book was his secret, the place where his mind could soar and his heart sing. For in a life of roles and duties, dreams were the love that carried him.

He smiled and reached out, slowly lifting the book from her. He passed it over in his hands, feeling the smooth leather in his fingers. He felt as if he had been reunited.

"Thank you so much, "he said to her with a soft smile and looked her in the eyes. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

anon

Ally peaked in through the windows again before sneaking in, not that it really worked. The golden bells in her hair chimed as she tried making her way into the kitchen, dashing all hopes of her going about unnoticed.

She paused for a minute, looking between Ari and the new customer. With a grin she sneaked past the both of them and headed back into the kitchen. She had a special present for the two of them today...should they choose to stick around that long.

Setting the sugar on the stoves, she set to heating up the mixture, head bobbing again.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Wistful Dream

He was so handsome, this man, Tom, right, Tom Caulton or something like that. He must be very important, to put such importance on his last name the way he had last time they had met. But that smile, it was so open and excited, and the relief on his face when she offered up his poetry book made her own smile brighten.

At his words she tilted her head a touch to the side and let out a soft laugh "I think I might. I know it was probably horribly rude of me but in order to figure it out I opened it; you have such a lovely style though. Your writing is...so touching."

Her eyes dimmed a touch then, she glanced downward, at the floor, remembering how she had taken it with her to the doctors and read it while she waited, it had kept her nerves away, his eloquent writings. Part of her wanted to keep the tiny black book but that wasn't right. "Can I offer you anything? We have fresh cinnamon rolls right out of the oven and..." She trailed off, blinking confused for a moment as a headache found its way to her.

"I..I'll be right back." She flashed another smile before turning and hurrying into the kitchen, toward the sink and the cupboard above it that held her pain killers for the bad days. Her hands twisted the cap off and she shook out just one pill, getting a glass of straight water and downing it quickly. Ari leaned against the sink for a moment, breathing in as she tried to push away the hurt. It worked after a few minutes, and then she saw the clock and knew it was time to pull out the cookies and muffins.

The girl picked up oven mitts and slipped it on her her hands, going to the oven to pull out the racks, inhaling the fresh scent of the treats happily. She had made snicker doodles in this batch and as she was taking them off the rack she couldn't help herself from taking one up and breaking it in half to put a tiny bit of it in her mouth. "Mmmm"

orangeredsun

Benjamin was running a few errands for his family. Could use a little going out he supposed, so instead of mother going around places it was Benjamin. She wasn’t as well as she could be and Ben was always careful with his mother which was always odd to see…it looking like a bear escorting a hobbit. Except them both being a bit more attractive than those comparisons. Not that he would ever think of his mother as such, his mind always got a little fuzzy with how exactly he was created. Some assumptions were made and when he did learn about the birds and bees, he always considered that his parents were an exception and he was born out of some very large egg. Don’t bother telling him otherwise. Or rather those said people always ended up with mouth’s full of hay if they tried. Like that poor Ben Carriage. Who knew you could be allergic and yet still stand to be a farmer’s son. Oh well, time for errands.

His list was mostly in pictures, his mother being illiterate and his father having very sloppy handwriting. Apparently he was to buy a pig at the meat shop but that would have to be last, the smell would linger and the pork wouldn’t last too long with the sun. Already he had gone to buy seeds and was now to buy some things at the local bakery. He had been there a couple of times but on most occasions he was right out the door with little opportunities for conversation. Perhaps today would be different…perhaps not.

With a sack hanging on his shoulder, Benjamin opened the door of Corner Sweets and went immediately to the counter. Not saying anything, he hoped he would be noticed rather than having to speak up.

To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali