Dreamland | Circus/Carnival themed Group Game | Interest Check

Started by Britwitch, June 15, 2023, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britwitch

Quote from: Black Howling on June 30, 2023, 03:49:41 AM
Interested. I have a concept and FC for a strongman. Will hopefully have him sent sent for perusal tomorrow.

Sounds fantastic! ;D

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Black Howling on June 30, 2023, 03:49:41 AM
Interested. I have a concept and FC for a strongman. Will hopefully have him sent sent for perusal tomorrow.

Hey there stranger. Long time no see
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Kendra

The forum is looking great.
Got my girl sent in so hopefully will be able to start making connections soon.
;D

Black Howling

Got my Strongman sent in.

If we're allowed more than one character, I'd love to add a second. I have a concept and face. If yes, would like to reserve Kevin Creekman

Britwitch

Quote from: Black Howling on July 02, 2023, 01:28:21 AM
Got my Strongman sent in.

If we're allowed more than one character, I'd love to add a second. I have a concept and face. If yes, would like to reserve Kevin Creekman

Definitely allowed more than one and will mark him down as reserved. ;D

Black Howling

Kadigan

I posted it in the approved thread, but...new character incoming!

Maise Whitlocke
Act / Description of their role within Dreamland
NAME:  Maise Whitlocke

SEXUAL ORIENTATION/PREFERENCE: Bisexual

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Maise is shorter then her brother, but is as densely packed with muscles as he is in comparison to her frame. Blonde hair that hangs down to her shoulders. She’s declined the tattoos her brother has gotten, combined with his beard leading to them looking different by a bit. Though if one puts them side by side the relationship is quite evident. More agile then her brother, she is closer to the gymnast he is not, though holds her own in terms of power.   

FACE CLAIM: Beth Phoenix

ROLE WITHIN DREAMLAND: Strongwoman – Twin act.

TALENTS: As a strongwoman, Maise is quite physically strong. Part of the act includes she and her brother lifting seemingly physically impossible objects. The act also includes balancing, tumbling and other such feats as well. When not performing, she can sometimes be found goading people into the hammer bell ring game, or at a booth for arm wrestling. She was more the mechanical one then her brother, and assists where needed in upkeep of equipment. She’ll also occasionally help roust problems around the fairgrounds.

HISTORY: Maise grew up on her parents farm in rural Montana, raised on the land and eventually helped take care of it. The farm was relatively quiet, run by their parents, a few hands, and her mother and father. She was blessed, as her brother was, with their fathers physical strength. Eventually this led to games between them where they would lift, toss, and do various things with what they were gifted with. She found she took more after Mom, and could be found chasing after her from an early age with her fisher price tool set, to help fix the tractors.

As they grew older, it was expected they would eventually take over the farm. When the parents fell ill, they tried everything they could to keep things afloat, but all it did was put them further into the banks pocket, entwining their fate to the risk. And it didn’t work.

Maybe it was the passing comment the bank officer made as they walked out of the house, maybe it was everything, but Maise saw red. It had happened before, when Jenny Gunderson insinuated she had lost her virginity to one of the horses on the farm and she put her head almost through a locker. It had happened before when one of the farm hands got too handsy and she broke his nose.  It happened again. She wasn’t even really aware of doing it but she left the hotel that same evening and followed the money man. The next thing she knew her brothers hand was on her wrist and her fist was soaked with his blood.

They left town that night, though she’d have stayed and faced the consequences. She was numb to the next few days…though if you were to ask her honestly she might say she liked it. The small amount of cash they had didn’t last long, though occasionally she would hustle a few arm wrestling contests at bars. More then one ended in a fight and if her brother noticed the bruises on her knuckles he didn’t say anything. 

They were cutting boredom with the starts of what would become their act when talent recruiter for a traveling carnival noticed them. They offered them a spot performing. Eventually the two agreed, and that started their overall career. They switched operations a couple times, not finding the right fit until they came to Dreamland about six years ago. It was here they found their fit, and they've been there every since.

Geraint

ABE
Short Order Cook at the Fireside Grill
NAME:  He once had a name, but he lost it

AGE:   He counts no years, nor celebrates no birthdays, but he looks 40ish

SEXUAL ORIENTATION/PREFERENCE: Heterosexual

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Abe is six foot four, hirsute and big everywhere with little flab, His eyes are dark brown and his hair is a surprising curly black. Were one to look at him closely, they might notice that his hands are constantly burned by the fire.  And he appears to be voiceless though he has no trouble communicating  His hearing is acute. Abe is Abe. 

FACE CLAIM: Rupert Boneham

ROLE WITHIN DREAMLAND: They help run the fairground / short order cook

TALENTS: There is very little that Abe misses from his central location and the willingness of others to speak candidly, even secretly in his presence.  But perhaps the most important thing about Abe is his belief in family and Dreamland. And dreamland is his family. He always seemed to be around when help was needed. He was fad.

HISTORY:  Abe and Milos met in an otherwise unoccupied southbound railroad boxcar 25 years ago.  The circus season was over and neither of them was important enough to stay on the payroll. So they were following the hobo route to Florida looking for work, two clueless lambs among among a pack of hungry wolves. By the time they got to Florida, each of them had saved the other's life. ...  And they were family.

(They may end up both of them with secrets, but not just yet)

Dale

Donato “Falco” Falco Driver / Stagehand.
NAME:  Donato Falco.

SEXUAL ORIENTATION/PREFERENCE: Bisexual. Prefers women.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Falco stands at a trim, toned 5ft 8. Dark curly hair touching his collar and framing his face accentuates his sparkling blue eyes. In keeping with his Italian heritage he has a tendency to speak with his hands. Often found wearing black backstage, Falco scrubs up well and is fond of wearing shirts with jeans.

FACE CLAIM: Riccardo Scamarcio

ROLE WITHIN DREAMLAND: Fairground staff. Driver, stagehand.

TALENTS: With safe and sure driving skills, Falco gets people where they want to be on time and enjoys ferrying them around when they want to see the local sights. He doubles up as a stagehand and, although it isn’t his favourite aspect of his job, he plays his part in set-up and tear down with his hands-on attitude to life.

HISTORY: Falco was born in southern Italy but moved with his parents to northern Italy when his father got out of the fast-food and ice-cream shop industry and bought a hotel/restaurant on the shore of Lake Garda when Falco was six years old.

Naturally expected to work in the family business, Falco gained his driving licence early and undertook long-distance trips and local delivery of imported speciality foodstuff. His father named him ‘Donato’ which translates as ‘gift’ but Falco grew to hate the name after finding himself at loggerheads with his father and at odds with his rather religious mother.

(Snipped information)

When the circus came to town, Falco seized his chance to present his clean driving licence and, after learning the ropes working in two smaller circuses in Europe, joined Dreamland approximately six months ago. He speaks English well enough but people hear him coming with his cheerful Buongiorno! ringing out after around ten in the morning.

Nimakhal

Interested. Saw the new board but wasn't sure if we're still supposed to express interest here first.

Is there going to be a limit on the number of performers/staff/customers?

Had a few ideas cooking.

Britwitch

Quote from: lolitachibinima on July 23, 2023, 05:55:17 AM
Interested. Saw the new board but wasn't sure if we're still supposed to express interest here first.

Is there going to be a limit on the number of performers/staff/customers?

Had a few ideas cooking.

Hiya!

We're definitely still interested and open to new characters of all kinds.
Just complete the character sheet (in the first post of this thread) and send it to me via PM for approval. ;D

Wolfling72

pokes at this

Looks soo interesting, sweet Brit. slowly looks around to see if there is anyone I could add
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Britwitch

Wolfling72

Once I figure out what you have a need of...or hell even if it's just to write a random customer...*blinks* I'll think of something.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

RainyHigh

Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Wolfling72

Quote from: RainyHigh on August 04, 2023, 10:21:47 PM
*gasps*

Wolfling!! So glad to see you again~

Oh tis a Rainy. I must come and bother her!!

is working on a customer ...I think.

ETA: There, she has been sent.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 05, 2023, 11:54:39 AM
Oh tis a Rainy. I must come and bother her!!

is working on a customer ...I think.

ETA: There, she has been sent.

*Tackles, luvs on, and drags off for cuddles*

Wolfling72

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on August 05, 2023, 05:37:47 PM
*Tackles, luvs on, and drags off for cuddles*

WLA my love. I am just waiting to see if my girl will be approved. Find me later?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

WhatLiesAbove

Quote from: Wolfling72 on August 05, 2023, 06:01:37 PM
WLA my love. I am just waiting to see if my girl will be approved. Find me later?

Always and forever!

Captain Whitebread

Looks like you’re in need of a doctor

Or at least a vet who stitches up people on the side. And a driver.

Are you still accepting applications?

Also damn you for tempting me when my plate is already full.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Britwitch

We are definitely still open and that sounds like an excellent idea for a character ;D

TheLaughingOne

I would like to place a face claim on Tom Sturridge while get some things worked out!
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!