Virtual Galaxy Beta Discussion (Closed)

Started by Moraline, July 07, 2013, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

Quote from: Moraline on July 09, 2013, 05:05:34 PM
Fine by me. The great thing about this world is that your characters can look like anything that they want to. ((Within Elliquiy's age restrictions of course))
And your avatars can be changed as the game goes on as well because there is a section built into the players UI to allow them to reboot and load in a new avatar appearance.

So, sure... make your avatar anything that you want.

oh sorry I was asking Yugi if I could make the character that is playing his character Minako's GF from another game. I would have her be 17 minimum because of the rules you set for this game. I can't imagine you wanting to waive them for me.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Yukina

I don't mind, though your character might have some "competition" this time.

steelsmiter

hey, fine by me, who knows, we may not even do the standard paradigm. Is there any particular theme I should work on for joining your group?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Yukina

Not really. Though probably tokusatsu related or at least a bisexual.

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 09, 2013, 09:10:08 PM
So, here's a question: Will players in the game have their Vcoin totals reset to zero, too? Since they're losing skills and such, too.
Yes

steelsmiter

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 09, 2013, 09:32:54 PM
Not really. Though probably tokusatsu related or at least a bisexual.

I have no clue what tokusatsu is but when I play females, they're always bisexual.

Edit: How bout dis?
Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? Yukiko Ikazawa was a student at the same school as Minako (also 17), with whom she is friends. With Minako being uncomfortable around other people, Yukiko, the more assertive of the pair, asked to move into Minako's apartment and the two have become closer since, even going so far as to get the game and play together
Sexual Orientation? openly bisexual
Where do you live in real life? Sheboygan Wisconsin
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Mother and father died in a traffic accident during a blizzard on the way to get her brother for summer vacation from college. Akira now lives on a house boat off the coast of San Fransisco
What is your financial status? Upper Middle Class due to a large settlement on the life insurances of my parents.
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Psychology with minors in Mob Mentality and History.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Yukiko is a little talkative, and somewhat overconfident in her abilities as the party "DPS" if the term is accurate. She is also slightly cynical about "being trapped in another alternate dimension" (the last aspect of her personality is optional, it's merely there to refer to the fact that this character's existence is based on another character.)

Virtual Galaxy Beta Avatar

Name: Shina Okitsu
Height: 5'2
Weight: 101
Additional Notes: With Krad being the more mobile of the type, Shiina would be the Monk/Acrobat type that is faster naturally, in addition to having swords that slow her opponents down more with each strike (er... hypothetically in the future anyway). She is aso quick of mind, being as much a tactician as a  high flying swordswoman.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Formless

This is probably too late to ask but ...

Which section of the forums will this be on?

NC , Extreme?

Moraline

Quote from: Formless on July 10, 2013, 04:07:24 AM
This is probably too late to ask but ...

Which section of the forums will this be on?

NC , Extreme?
That's a good question and I wonder how everyone feels about it?

I don't really think we'll need extreme though. I think Light: Exotic is about as much as we need. Any bondage that occurs is more likely to be adventure and not so much sexual. I won't be having any NPC's forcing themselves on players, and I doubt players will rape each other (maybe.)

Where would everyone like it? I'm flexible. (In more ways then one, ...ba-da-doom)  ;D

steelsmiter

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 06:37:52 AM

I don't really think we'll need extreme though. I think Light: Exotic is about as much as we need. Any bondage that occurs is more likely to be adventure and not so much sexual. I won't be having any NPC's forcing themselves on players, and I doubt players will rape each other (maybe.)

Where would everyone like it? I'm flexible. (In more ways then one, ...ba-da-doom)  ;D

I always say in situations like this: 6 one way, half a dozen the other (just be mindful of my offs)... my character OK?
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 10, 2013, 12:09:14 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character's Real World
Who are you in real life? Yukiko Ikazawa was a student at the same school as Minako (also 17), with whom she is friends. With Minako being uncomfortable around other people, Yukiko, the more assertive of the pair, asked to move into Minako's apartment and the two have become closer since, even going so far as to get the game and play together
Sexual Orientation? openly bisexual
Where do you live in real life? Sheboygan Wisconsin
Do you have family and what is your relationship with them like? Mother and father died in a traffic accident during a blizzard on the way to get her brother for summer vacation from college. Akira now lives on a house boat off the coast of San Fransisco
What is your financial status? Upper Middle Class due to a large settlement on the life insurances of my parents.
What are you studying at WikiTube World school? Psychology with minors in Mob Mentality and History.

Additional Character's Background/Personality Notes: Yukiko is a little talkative, and somewhat overconfident in her abilities as the party "DPS" if the term is accurate. She is also slightly cynical about "being trapped in another alternate dimension" (the last aspect of her personality is optional, it's merely there to refer to the fact that this character's existence is based on another character.)

Virtual Galaxy Beta Avatar

Name: Shina Okitsu
Height: 5'2
Weight: 101
Additional Notes: With Krad being the more mobile of the type, Shiina would be the Monk/Acrobat type that is faster naturally, in addition to having swords that slow her opponents down more with each strike (er... hypothetically in the future anyway). She is aso quick of mind, being as much a tactician as a high flying swordswoman.
Character is fully approved.

It's going to be amusing to see the characters react when they realize that they have no powers/skills/items/weapons/equipment/VCoins etc...

Yukina

*nods* It's also nice that powers Minsko's are based on actually have response to them failing. Usually when she swipes a ring across her belt, it says "(ring name), please!" and the effect happens, thought when it fails it just says "Error!!".

Moraline

Original post has our current roster all up to date.

Players/Characters so far...

Group/Team A:

•   Prof_Kruglov  (Played by TheHangedMan) - Age 23, hetero male, Botany major.
  • Blue_Grrl (Played by Moraline) - Age 17, bi female, High School student.
  • Spear Head (Played by Formless) - Age 24, hetero male, Comp Sci major.
  • Silverfyre (Played by Chrystal) - Age 21, lesbian female, Mathematics and Physics major
Group/Team B:

• Yubiwa Mahoutsukai (Played by Yugishogun) - Age 17, lesbian female, Literature major, minoring on cooking
  • Krad_Zephyros (Played by ZephySempai) - Age 19, hetero male, Dual Business/Culinary Arts Major 
  • Shina Okitsu (Played by steelsmiter) - Age 17, bisexual female, Psychology with minors in Mob Mentality and History
  •    
Group/Team C:

Note: We can always take new and more players. The game is designed to group people up into groups of 4 so those groups go out on their own to hunt/search then everyone can interact through the messaging system and at hub locations. (We'll have sub groups, duo's, cross grouping etc... as desired and/or needed.)

Formless

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 06:37:52 AM

I am fully onboard with it being light.

But since there's more than one world within the game. Perhaps the much harsher environments can have their threads in a different section?

And I need me some flexibility. (finer print makes it naughtier. ::) )

Side Note. Nice Avatar Moraline. xD

ZephySempai

Huh, I just noticed an initial connection with the other players in my group. Both Krad and Yubiwa have cooking classes, so they've probably mingled from time to time, and if Shina also knows Yubiwa, she has probably seen Krad as well on a few occasions. Yay! I have friends :D

Moraline

Super Simple Play System for freeform games with just a small element of chance...

(CLICK ME!)

Thoughts, questions, comments, ideas? (I know it's super simplified but I want to keep this game mostly Freeform)

Yukina

Formless

Nicely done.

But here's a question what will determine the item drops?

Item creation will require certain items. Will there be a category or an index for the locations ...?

I know we can ask in OOC , but that will put alot of load on you ... The GM.

Chrystal

I'm fine with whatever level of bondage people want, but I would advise against putting different threads in different forums, for the simple reason that it will be a lot harder to keep track of them. Plus when it comes to the point that you have a thousand IC posts and want to move to a big game, you won't be able to.

I would recommend putting the game in whatever forum the most extreme world will require, if you are planning on allowing heavy BDSM, non-consensual sex, or bestiality/watersports/scat/vore/mutilation, then the game needs to go in whichever forum. If you are going to limit us to light bondage/vanilla/the odd spanking, it goes in light.

I like the look of the simple system. You should post it to it's own thread.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Moraline

Well, I'm absolutely against, scat/vore/mutilation. The other things I'm open to.

I usually prefer Extreme just to be safe but I don't want to scare any of our current players away. I also am not sure if it would actually be used or not.

So, basically which one of us has the most personal restrictions and I'll go with that. 
(*Feel free to PM me if anyone has an issue with going Extreme? I have no problems setting the game to another section.)

Quote from: Chrystal on July 10, 2013, 01:12:21 PM
... I like the look of the simple system. You should post it to it's own thread.
It's still a bit of work in progress but why do you suggest putting it in it's own thread? Feel free to PM me on this if you want. I'd love to hear you're feedback.

steelsmiter

I'm not especially restrictive. I don't do Anal (worst I'll do is let you claw the hell out of it), Body Waste of any kind, or Species/Gender transformation without advance permission (like drinking the CoC Dick Potion willingly or if I ask about the possibility specifically).
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Moraline

I'm thinking about getting some of the threads posted up soon.

What do you all think about having a riddle to solve to earn some VCoins right from the start?

Yukina

Formless

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 01:43:20 PM

What do you all think about having a riddle to solve to earn some VCoins right from the start?

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 10, 2013, 01:47:40 PM
That'd be interesting.

+1

ZephySempai

I suck at riddles... No Vcoins for me :(

Also, I just had an interesting idea.

Now I know that once the real game begins, everyones player stats would be reset to 0. Though I was wondering, since everyone has been enrolled in the school system, wouldn't it be neat if the grades for their Majors applied a bonus to their in-game stats. For example, Prof_Kruglov majors in Botany. So even though all his skills are 0, perhaps he learns Herblore and other related skills faster than others. Comp Sci, Mathematics, and Physics could influence the growth of Hacking skills, Economics, and whatever Physics applies too (Totally couldn't think of anything of the top of my head.)

What do you guys think? Interesting concept?

Chrystal

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 01:21:41 PM
Well, I'm absolutely against, scat/vore/mutilation. The other things I'm open to.

I usually prefer Extreme just to be safe but I don't want to scare any of our current players away. I also am not sure if it would actually be used or not.

So, basically which one of us has the most personal restrictions and I'll go with that. 
(*Feel free to PM me if anyone has an issue with going Extreme? I have no problems setting the game to another section.)

Why not go with NC Exotic System Small Groups? It seems the most sensible in a game where PvP is allowed, as PvP is rarely a consensual thing between characters (although it needs to be between players).

QuoteIt's still a bit of work in progress but why do you suggest putting it in it's own thread? Feel free to PM me on this if you want. I'd love to hear you're feedback.

Because, as with your other VERY useful list (that I have used once again, fairly recently), it is something that would be useful to many other players!

Quote from: Moraline on July 10, 2013, 01:43:20 PM

Go for it. I love a game that gets going right from the get go!

When you say "No weapons", does that include my claws?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!