The Long Dark, a first person survival game without zombies.

Started by BCdan, October 10, 2013, 12:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCdan

I found this really interesting game about survival. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hinterlandgames/the-long-dark-a-first-person-post-disaster-surviva

Just threw some of my money at it, I have been starving for a survival game that doesn't involve monsters and instead focuses on basic wilderness survival, like getting enough food and water.  There are some other games on the horizon that are sort of like it. 

I am glad this game doesn't have zombies.  So sick of zombies!  I just want to build a cabin and survive the elements. 

~I enjoy random PM's~

Inkidu

You act like there's a glut of serious first-person zombie survival games. :P

Believe me, if there were one I would own it. Still, it does look pretty sweet.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

BCdan

Quote from: Inkidu on October 10, 2013, 05:09:29 PM
You act like there's a glut of serious first-person zombie survival games. :P

Believe me, if there were one I would own it. Still, it does look pretty sweet.

I hope you've heard of 7 days to die.     :-)

~I enjoy random PM's~

Florence

Quote from: BCdan on October 10, 2013, 09:43:35 PM
I hope you've heard of 7 days to die.     :-)

That sounds... too good to be true.

Call me jaded, but after The War Z, or whatever they rebranded that as, I can't help but think, "This sounds like an amazing game. What's the catch?"
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

BCdan

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 11, 2013, 07:46:37 AM
That sounds... too good to be true.

Call me jaded, but after The War Z, or whatever they rebranded that as, I can't help but think, "This sounds like an amazing game. What's the catch?"

Time for a lets play!  Alpha backers are already playing.  Obviously, this is a really early build of the game.   :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyXHRvV37YY

~I enjoy random PM's~

BCdan

Yay my game just got full funding.  I was kinda worried that it still had 25% to go with 6 days left. 

~I enjoy random PM's~