A Dark Tale [NC Exotic - Horror RP - LF Snow White Read Within]

Started by Dark Deception, February 15, 2011, 09:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luella

Character Sheet

Alias: Goldilocks
Age:  Unknown (resembles a young girl, but she is far from young)
Height: 150cm
Weight: petite
Basic Appearance: Goldilocks looks like a little innocent child but looks can be deceiving. People and creatures alike have been drawn to her angelic looks. She dresses in white frocks and carries a bloodied teddy bear in her arms, with a bandage over its left eye.

Personality: Sweet on the outside, evil on the inside. Goldilocks is known for her charming childlike beauty. She uses this to her advantage to seduce everyone that crosses her path. Like a child, Goldilocks likes to play games with her subjects, and sometimes the games can get quite cruel and bloody. Goldilocks behaves like a child and addresses the Evil Queen as her 'mother'. If anyone insults or tried to take away her toy bear, she will throw a tantrum and start plotting ways to kill the person.

Dislikes: Bears, not getting her way

Psychological Disorder(s): Loves to inflict Stockholm syndrome upon her victims, watching the look of betrayal on their eyes before killing them off.

Background: Goldilocks grew up in a cottage in the forest. One day, when her parents were out, she decided to explore. Taking Mr. Worddlesnout with her, she discovered a little quint cottage in the forest. Little did she know they were inhibited by bears. She spent the day there, trying out their cute furniture, tasting their porridge but when night fell, the bears returned and chased her off, destroying Mr. Worddlesnout. Enraged, something snapped inside her. In the very same night, Goldilocks returned to the bears cottage and had a little game with them, killing off the bears, leaving the little one cowering in fear at the corner. Bathed in the blood of the bears, Goldilocks changed that night under the full moon. La Luna frowned upon her actions and punished her by not allowing her to grow up, but to spend eternity as a child.

Partner: Her toy bear, Mr. Worddlesnout
Weaponry: (none, she uses what she can find)
Powers: (none)
Every time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan

midnight diamond

Wow...this sounds like a really great roleplay. I'd love to give it a go. I am soooo tempted to try my hand at Little Red Riding Hood--I can already picture her in my head. Now if only I can find an image that will do her justice.

Dark Deception

Many replies, and I'm always happy to see them :p. Now, where shall I begin:

@ Lady Discord: You made Gretel quite the warrior so perhaps give her powers or "skills" based around how you imagine her fighting. She has a spear made from an alicorn's horn, perhaps it has magic powers that can assist her in combat?

@Luella: Your profile for Goldilocks is just brilliant. I love it! You are accepted~ (sings)

@midnight diamond: I am reserving Red Riding Hood for you.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Dark Deception

That is right folks. For any who may be browsing this recruitment thread, we need a Big Bad Wolf. Now, don't look at this message first before reading the front page. Read the front page, and then look at this message to see if you're still interested. The Big Bad Wolf is another general beneath the Evil Queen, and he also has ties to The Three Little Pigs' Brothel. I will be GMing the pig lords, so you won't have to NPC them, but how you interact and use them for digging up dirt is up to you as the player of the Big Bad Wolf. So, if I get any interest, I'll reserve the spot until you can get a profile up.

As soon as the Wolf and Red players get a profile up (no hurry): I'll make the character thread that we can post all of our profiles into, and this RP will remain open to any other players who wish to join either the Dark Side or the rebellion. I will create three threads: one thread for The Rebellion, the second for the Queen and her dark legion, and the third will be a plain-old Burg where any events can happen in. If the players IC ever decide they may need to go somewhere else, they can let me know, and I'll just make another thread for them, such as if they visit The Three Little Pig's Brothel or The Muffin Man's domain.

So that's the run down folks. I'll also be keeping a log called "Chapters" that I'll post on the front page and perhaps the OOC thread to keep everyone up to date. So if new players would like to join, they can read the chapter summaries and pretty much be caught up.

There are a few things I would like to discuss with you guys concerning how the first chapter is going to go:

1) Would you guys prefer for Red to recruit your characters? Say, she is having a meeting and you guys with interest in The White Order (The Rebellion) show up at the secret meeting, and any plans she decides to come up with can be discussed there. Likewise, the evil queen can have a gathering of her generals and mention the suspected and unconfirmed rumors of a rebellion forming. She can issue the generals their duties (whatever she decides), and the drama can kick off from there.

2) The first IC event I'd like to happen to get out the way is The Frog Prince. He's going to be a "boss" so to say and depending on how things go IC, he can be changed back to a normal frog (if they find Heinrich) and he might even become human  ::) (not saying he has to because I can RP him a frog just fine). That'll just be the first event to get everyone warmed up. How you guys decide to go to war or learn about each other's whereabouts is up to you.

3) Now, I have been thinking about a name for "The Dark Side," like something that has "Knights" in it since she's a queen, but if you guys have any ideas for a name, feel free to share. If it sounds cool, then we'll go with it.

4) If you have any questions from now into later, feel free to ask them even if you think I might say No. You just never know. We are always accepting more characters as long as they come from Grimm or Anderson. Don't let the front page deceive you, if you come up with characters you'd like to try out, then "be my guest" (I said it again!)

Ebb

This looks like a fantastic setting, and I really like the other characters that have been posted. I'd like to put in a bid to play the Big Bad Wolf. If you're amenable, I'll work up a profile.

Dark Deception

I'll reserve it for you. Thanks for your interest.  ;D

Ebb

Here we are. Comments and changes are welcome.

Alias: The Big Bad Wolf
Height: 6 foot, 9 inches
Weight: 240 pounds

Basic Appearance: In his natural form the Wolf looks like a classic werewolf, complete with dark fur, slavering jaws and bipedal, though slightly hunched, stance. Despite his lupine muzzle and permanent claws he can speak clearly and seems to have no problems manipulating small objects. The Wolf typically does not wear clothes.

Personality: The Wolf is a beast of ferocious appetites, often a slave to his bestial needs. He is cunning, however, capable of exerting great subtlety in the pursuit of that which he desires, whether it be food, sex or simple, brutal violence. He is brash and boasting, and considers only one being, the Queen, to be his superior. She is his Alpha, and he serves her unquestioningly.

Likes: Gluttony, Power, Sex, Blood, Terrorizing those weaker than himself

Dislikes: Patience, Restraint, Any fight where his side doesn’t have a distinct advantage, Admitting defeat, Vegetables

Psychological Disorder(s): Rage issues, Lack of self control, Cowardice in the face of defeat, Bullying behaviors, Nymphomania, Narcissism

Background: Once upon the time there was a Wolf, who was born the runt of his litter. He grew up in the shadow of his larger brothers and sisters, learning the ways of bullying from the receiving end. One day hunters came to the corner of the woods where he and his family lived. Seeing an opportunity for revenge, he made a deal with the hunters. In exchange for his safety, he led the men to where his family lay sleeping, and then watched as they were slaughtered and skinned. Once the skins were taken, the Wolf ate what remained of his family, becoming bigger and stronger with each meal.

The hunters became frightened of the much larger Wolf, though, and pursued him through the woods. He was injured and barely managed to escape, coming eventually to the cottage of the Evil Queen in the swamps. She healed him, feeding him elixirs and bits of living faeries, until he became the strong and magical creature that he is today.

Now he serves the Queen who has taken her rightful place on the throne of Fantasia. He craves her approval, and is thus terribly easy to manipulate. In the Wolf’s mind he has no equals and only one superior; the notion that the Queen’s generals are of the same rank is laughable, but he understands why She might wish to perpetuate that fiction.

[At some point should write a summary of his past encounter with Red Riding Hood. There’s definitely meat there for roleplay, but I’d prefer to work it out with whomever ends up playing Red.]

Partner: The Wolf has no partner, but he oversees the Three Little Pigs and their brothel operation. “Oversight” in this case often means arriving unannounced, having his way with any of the staff, threatening to consume the Pigs, drinking the good wine, and then leaving. They put up with this because between his visits they have a pretty easy life, and they couldn’t stop him if they wanted to. He is supposed to keep track of the money too, but money only interests the Wolf in terms of what he can immediately get with it. Counting coins bores him to tears.

Weaponry: Powerful teeth and claws. The Wolf can eat nearly anything.

Powers He can consume almost anything, even things that are bigger than himself. In the past he has been known to eat six whole goats in one sitting. Curiously, the things that he consumes often remain intact, and there have been incidents where he has been cut open only to have those consumed emerge apparently unharmed. Having no pockets, the Wolf will occasionally swallow items and then regurgitate them in order to carry them from place to place.

The Wolf has the trick of Glamour, earned from a Faerie he once devoured. He is able to disguise his appearance and voice, normally to become someone whom his next victim trusts. This would make him an ideal spy, but he doesn’t have the patience to remain undercover for extended periods; usually he only pulls this trick for a few minutes at a time.

It is rumored that the Wolf’s father was the North Wind. From him the Wolf has inherited the ability to blow a great and powerful blast of air, strong enough to knock down all but the strongest dwellings. He can only do this three times a day.

The Wolf is a master of the Woods, and knows many of the secret paths and shortcuts through that dark place. In general, though, he is not on good terms with most of the animals that dwell there. This is fine with him; he would rather have their fear than their friendship.

Dark Deception

Your profile is excellent. I'm surprised how quick you were to make it (since it took me forever to make mine  :'(). Welcome aboard! I have no analyzing comments to honestly give though it did make me wish to see The Prince and the Wolf in an eating contest lol. I'll write you up on the front page.

Ebb

Thanks. I think the Wolf probably fears and resents the Frog Prince a little, and would not be sad at all to see him defeated by the Rebellion. But after all, that kind of infighting is half the reason the good guys win in these sorts of stories.

As a possible name for the Queen's side: "Nightwatch" - we watch for threats to the Crown, and eliminate them. Makes the whole thing seem a bit more virtuous.

Dark Deception

Yeah, I'm starting to see some equal rivalries beginning to develop between the characters. As far as the name, I think it sounds okay. I've heard Nightwatch from two things: A vampire movie (I think it was a vampire movie) and then I think Marvel had something going on with it. But if the other players on the dark side like it, then we'll incorporate it. If other players come up with names, then I might throw a poll if they all sound good.

I'm going to hopefully try and get more baddies, since right now it's 4 vs 3 only because The Frog Prince may eventually change sides (depending on how the battle goes). He's not exactly sane at the moment, so we'll see. I would kind of like there to be a Hansel as well. *ponders more*

Moon Hound Hati

You're probably thinking of DC's Nightwing, who used to be Batman's sidekick Robin if I recall correctly.

Edit:

Also, there's a little contradiction in Ebb's BBW profile. In the profile the hunters are mentioned to have guns, but I believe you said in the opening post that this game would have a setting where guns do not exist yet, right? Not trying to be a nitpicker or anything, but I just wanted to point that out to avoid any misunderstanding that might have occurred during IC otherwise.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Dark Deception

Thank you for pointing that out because I really wasn't analyzing profiles. Guns are not permitted in the RP, but either or, if I saw it in the IC, if anyone had a gun, I would just tell them that and ask them to correct their posts. lol But thank you for pointing that out now Hati.

Naw, I meant this one Night Watch, and this one lol Nightwatch. I swear I'm not a marvel nerd  ::). I just forgot where that guy was from.

Dark Deception

I have a reserve for Puss in Boots, so she's on reserve (letting you know since you wouldn't have seen the reserve made here in the OOC).

LadyDiscord

Wonderful! More characters and I finally came up with an ability.

Lol, I would also like to see a Hansel, but as for names for the Queen's side

Knights of The (place something edgy here) Templar or Realm

The Dark Court
The court of the raving lunatics( Kidding)
The Order of the Crimson Knights
Knights of Ether or Obisidian

You know I always liked that word oblivion.

I'm terrible at this, but really I tried.
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Dark Deception

Hm, I'm liking the Dark Court name, but that's just me. Just because it contrasts with The White Order.

Moon Hound Hati

Dark Court would make their alignment too obvious to the general public, I think. Divine Court or something like that would be better, since it's all about covering up your true intentions and making yourself look like the good guy in the conflict despite being evil overlords.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

LadyDiscord

The Court of Shadows?
Queens Court of Shadows?
Court of Midnight
Hm, I do like the court word. ^^
✔✦✘

Moon Hound Hati

Midnight Court.

Twilight Court.

Court of the Moon.

Lunar Court.

LadyDiscord

Also I like the idea of Red Ridding Hood recruiting characters because it would make sense for her to want to seek out the 'best' in their fields. I actually pictured Red popping well Gretel is in the middle of a battle or hard at work saying "You've been chosen." However it doesn't really matter to me how we go by it.
✔✦✘

Ebb

Profile has been given an emergency gun-ectomy.

I like "Court of the Moon", but the Wolf is biased. In general, I like the idea of a name that doesn't scream "We're Evil!", since I figure the majority of the people in the kingdom don't really think there's anything evil going on. Only the Rebellion sees clearly.

Maybe "The Silver Court"? (Wolf doesn't like that one, but he didn't get a vote.)

Dark Deception

The way the RP goes is the Queen is evil. It is why Fantasia fell into darkness. The talking animals are all placed into slavery. Why wouldn't Fantasia not think she's evil? It's no different than living in a society with a horrid ruler. There are just those who are too afraid to do anything, those who rather kiss ass, and then those who actually work for her because they think she can't be beat any way. There are also the neutrals who care about their own survival and just try to benefit any way they can. The Rebellion is the group who has the courage to try and go against the queen. I hope that clarifies everything.

I'm also not speculating, this is how the RP is. If you're now realizing this and are thinking, hey, I don't think I want to be evil anymore. Then there's always neutral or the goodie side, but we do need some baddies.

ladyelizabeth

I am going to admit that I am quite drawn to this rp.  I've been looking for dark lately.  I can do good or evil... or neither.  Anything that you presently "crave" for a part of the RP?
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

Dark Deception

Hm, people ask me that question occasionally, and I'm not good at giving a decent answer lol. All I can recommend is to browse the Grimm Fairytale and Hans Christian Andersen characters, perhaps even read some of the short stories because you can find them online. They aren't too long. If there's a character you fall in love with (not literally of course), and would like to try to play him or her, then let me know of your interests. Also, usually you can tell by the fairytale story if the character could be good or diabolical. I am looking for some more baddies, but if you can't find a character that seems bad to you, and you're still interested in this, then just make the profile. I'll add you any way. I have enough NPCs to assist the baddies if they ever need anything.

I was going to add another NPC for the allies. "Seven" they are the seven dwarves but they're a mafia kind of group. It's hard to have a mafia without guns, but eh, I'm sure they can still function like one with their seven professionals. But if there was a Snow White, I would believe she would be the mafia boss.  ::)

ladyelizabeth

Alias: Zilla- The Shadow’s Princess
Han's Christan Anderson's "The Shadow"
Height:5 foot 4 inches 
Weight:145lbs

Basic Appearance:  Zilla has alabaster skin that would lead one to believe that she is almost albino.  Her hair is a jetblack and falls midback in waves.  She favors black over any other color but the darker crimson, purple, and blues sometimes come into play.  She covets jewelry and showing her importance. Her eyes are an eerie light orange/yellow that is very rarely seen.  She is slender but busty enough to have to have special made corsets.   

Personality:Pettiness and class concerned are the two things that actually describe her personality most.  She is concerned with her own self status and could care less about others.  She is manipulative, vengeful, and conniving depending upon the situation. 

Dislikes:crusaders for the lower classes, being challenged by someone lower than her 

Psychological Disorder(s):Inability to control certain urges. Partial Sociopathy.

Background: The princess unwittingly married the Shadow after he had killed his original master.  She had no clue that he was indeed the insane one until after being with him for a bit.  She learned from him and soon became just as immoral as he had learned to be.  She caught him being unfaithful one night and set to kill her himself.  She didn’t do it straight out, she poisoned his drink knowing that even a shadow couldn’t survive that. His last view was her dark face looking down upon him with a haunting smile.

Partner: no one 
Weaponry: She has grown extra long nails and has a beauty that can often lead people into telling her things they wouldn’t think to tell.  Her eyes are her weapons as they are enchanting enough to hold someone’s attention.   
Powers none
The Oath of Drake *~*  On/Off's  *~*  A/A's

Dark Deception

I just finished reading that story, and that had to be the most saddest story I ever read lol (well, probably not but still sad). lol I am practically lost for words. Your character is accepted. I like how you did your profile and chose pictures that go well with her alias. I'll add you to the front page.