New Sanctuary: The Veil [Urban Supernatural Fantasy] Need Hunters/Vamps!

Started by Dhampyress, June 19, 2018, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on June 27, 2018, 07:44:07 PM
Well I'm sure, with the way our gms set up the setting, there can be shifts in the personal meaning/title for each of these things too.

This is very much the case. The aim of the game is to be open minded about things and just establish a standard that's simple and easy to follow for everyone. :-)

Dhampyress

Informative Post
The OOC is officially up. Come say hello I'm sure no one will bite (hard ;) )! Please move all further discussions of the game to the OOC thread. If you're looking to build connections, share ideas, or just chat about anything relevant to the game, for the sake of it, please move your future posts there. Questions about the games mechanics and specific aspects can still be asked here, so others can reflect upon them as well.

The Character Archives are also up. I've added a table of contents to make navigating it a bit easier as it's a bit of blurb. Each core race and even our miscellaneous monsters have been granted their own unique tracking section. Once profiles come in I'll be adding a chart to each post for each respective race. You may only post your profiles after they have been reviewed by Blissy & Nastroma and we've given you the okay to move forward in posting them public. Please send your profiles to each of us and await confirmation to post your characters up on the thread. We'd prefer each player to grab their own post on the character archive thread, once you've been accepted. That will become your personal space to add your character concepts, be they current or future concepts. This post would includes a players multiple characters as well. I've also posted one of four of the initial characters I'll be playing in the game. You may review Kisha's profile for an example of how the sheets work out in their finished form. I'll be following up with a supporting character to give you a better idea of what a finished product of one of those profiles will look like.

NPC profiles are still a WIP and will come later. NPC's will be simple characters that may more or less be thrown around for the convenience of everyone through some means or fashion. Players can make up NPC concepts as they see fit to further help enrich their own character stories. There will be more info on NPC's within the next few days. I've also added the links to both the OOC and Character Archives to the second post of this thread!

wander

Quote from: Amarlo on June 27, 2018, 07:44:07 PM
Well I'm sure, with the way our gms set up the setting, there can be shifts in the personal meaning/title for each of these things too.

That aside, the human I spoke of earlier on - not my mage character, mind you - was planned to be a blood doll.  ;D So there's that. But I think there's plenty of dynamics to explore, honestly.

Totally agreed.  :-)

Moving to the OOC now (and will bookmark it), I'm hoping to convert my character over to a sheet and PM it later today.

Whowhatwhere

In the profile, you have a question "What kind of character stories would this character enjoy?" Do you mean to ask what facets of life the character is interested in? What he wants to do with his time? You already ask what the player wants in the "Desired Plots" section, so I guess it's not what the player wants, right? The phrasing of the question confused me a little bit. Sorry! Thanks!
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Dhampyress

Quote from: Whowhatwhere on June 28, 2018, 08:04:42 AM
In the profile, you have a question "What kind of character stories would this character enjoy?" Do you mean to ask what facets of life the character is interested in? What he wants to do with his time? You already ask what the player wants in the "Desired Plots" section, so I guess it's not what the player wants, right? The phrasing of the question confused me a little bit. Sorry! Thanks!

The Ambition section depicts the characters personal Ambitions. What would they like to do in New Sanctuary? What's their main goal? The "Desired Plots" is a place where you can list plot concepts that would interest you for the particular character archetype. Basically examples of what kind of character plots you might like them to explore in the sandbox setting. I hope that helps separate the two a bit? :-)

Whowhatwhere

Quote from: Blissy on June 28, 2018, 01:10:18 PM
The Ambition section depicts the characters personal Ambitions. What would they like to do in New Sanctuary? What's their main goal? The "Desired Plots" is a place where you can list plot concepts that would interest you for the particular character archetype. Basically examples of what kind of character plots you might like them to explore in the sandbox setting. I hope that helps separate the two a bit? :-)

K, I get it. I wasn't noticing that there was a list under the Desired Plots section, and so the list is part of that section. It seemed like two different sections to me. Thanks for the clarification!

November Bleeds

*Rolls on in*

Interested as always in a game made by Blissy ;D was definitely not forced nope O:)

Looking to make an awakened human (former familiar in particular, struggling with addiction) and I have a couple of concepts I'll be looking to play around with this weekend. I saw that a few players were looking to make connections and have some desired plots, I might be able to help with some of those if anyone is interested. =]

Dhampyress

Quote from: November Bleeds on June 28, 2018, 02:35:40 PM
*Rolls on in*

Interested as always in a game made by Blissy ;D was definitely not forced nope O:)

Looking to make an awakened human (former familiar in particular, struggling with addiction) and I have a couple of concepts I'll be looking to play around with this weekend. I saw that a few players were looking to make connections and have some desired plots, I might be able to help with some of those if anyone is interested. =]

Elven Sex Goddess

Sent character profile for your approval.   Tagging the thread with this message.

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

fienda

Curious, are other Were-creatures permitted? Asking for a friend Wondering if I could play a were-coyote.
To you nature seems something hostile; you have made devils out of the smiling gods of Greece, and out of me a demon.
For as long as there has been a sea to sail upon, there have been pirates. The heart of piracy is freedom. Freedom from society. Freedom from law. And freedom from conscience.
Posting Speed: On Hiatus

Dhampyress

Quote from: fienda on June 28, 2018, 09:12:33 PM
Curious, are other Were-creatures permitted? Asking for a friend Wondering if I could play a were-coyote.

That sounds neat. I think we could allow something like that. I'd have to read a full concept on it of course, but I'm certainly not opposed to the idea. :-)

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Dhampyress

Chantarelle

Amarlo

Question for the gms; If you could place New Sancturary within the world, where exactly would you place it? Any specific state? Country? Province? Etc?

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress

Quote from: Amarlo on June 29, 2018, 02:46:52 AM
Question for the gms; If you could place New Sancturary within the world, where exactly would you place it? Any specific state? Country? Province? Etc?

It's a fictional New York. I think I made some mention of that on the first post, but with all the information it might have been overlooked. :-)

Amarlo

Quote from: Blissy on June 29, 2018, 02:50:59 AM
It's a fictional New York. I think I made some mention of that on the first post, but with all the information it might have been overlooked. :-)
I KNEW I saw it somewhere. xD Hahaha. I wasn't sure. I couldn't find it again (I.E. I'm a terrible speed reader). Thank you! ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Whowhatwhere

Dhampyress

Rebelle

I've been working this weekend and the heat is horribad.

So the character making will start tomorrow after work.

Currently working on an interesting little thing I am going to PM some stuff to the lovely GM's and get some concrete ideas down.

Dhampyress

Quote from: Rebelle on July 01, 2018, 01:06:47 AM
I've been working this weekend and the heat is horribad.

So the character making will start tomorrow after work.

Currently working on an interesting little thing I am going to PM some stuff to the lovely GM's and get some concrete ideas down.

No problemo! Looking forward to reading into your ideas. :-)

LostSoul

Just wanted to put it out there that if someone was interested in being a member of the Bitterroot pack, beta or lower, that I'd be quite happy to slot you in.
"Take another bite/It'll be alright/What's wrong will soon feel right/Dangerous tonight

Take another sip/Let it kiss your lips/And let a little drip on your thighs

If you let me I'll untie your sensuality/I'll open up your heart and satisfy my greed" -A Cooper

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Dhampyress