Trapped in Purgatory (Dark-Erotic D&D 5.0 Adventure - Closed!)

Started by Roleplay Frog, April 02, 2018, 10:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Awesome characters, gang! I'm glad this is getting some traction now.  :-)

William Blake

Dug through all the Unearthed Arcana, just for fun. I'm definitely thinking it was College of Valor, just with an extra emphasis on stabbing things herself. ;D Can't remember if I wanted her to take a few levels of Warlock - I do love that class - but there seem to be enough here that I can just stick with Bard, if y'all want me around. ;)

Roleplay Frog

I'll need a little to read up through/answer all the things, among which is a lady with a snake-thong, admittedly did not expect that, so here's a random picture I may or may not use in the game to distract ya'll.
Currently oggling saturday very late to sunday(depends on how quick I finish my game-release this week) for getting the campaign going, prolly going to hammer up an OOC and stuff(including a charsheet thread for approved folks) earlier.

wander

Btw, snake elf is Echidna from Queen's Blade if you want sauce on your Papa John's Snekh pizza.

Most people know Queen's Blade for the animu, I knew it for the Lost World's books mainly.
You and an opposing player each swap your books and do PvP sorta Choose your own Adventure, as each page has different sword-fight actions you take and the page to turn to for it. You can see an image on each page seeing either the opposing player's character get hit by your attack or a pic of them posing provocatively as they attack you. It's pretty awesome if you dug Choose your own Adventure books as a kid.

Feel free to PM me for more info on them. :)

Pscetch

Hi, I am a first timer so this would literally be my first DnD ever. I want to play a rogue dwarf who will become a secondary warlock. I have the character sheet but I do not know how to attach the file. Its on myth weavers. Please let me know asap as I would love to get the ball rolling.
Come with me we'll go and see a place called candy island. Who needs candy island its safer at the docks. But there aint no streams of sodie pop dripping down the rocks. Its dangerous and risky! But adventurous and free! Adventure that's the life for me. With a lollipop tree and a lemonade sea!
~Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack  ;p

wander

I think maybe copying the URL address of the page the sheet is on and pasting that in a Reply should autocode it as a link to check out. :)

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: wander on April 10, 2018, 01:41:48 PM
I think maybe copying the URL address of the page the sheet is on and pasting that in a Reply should autocode it as a link to check out. :)

Ye. Also *Flails at sudden influx of interest* I'm working through stuff, giving everything it's due, if this keeps up I might set up an OOC and charsheet thingie soon, will let you know.

Until then, feel free to pelter me with questions or lewd suggestions, I dun mind. :P

William Blake

Does that mean I can fuck about with a character sheet when I get home in an hour?

I think it does. ;D I think we're going to have fun with this...

wander

Making it formal, I'm not going to be writing thousands of words in a post and I'm dropping out here. I'm pretty disappointed as I was looking forward to this, though I'm not looking forward to needing to read walls of text whilst I just do a few generic paragraphs.

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: wander on April 10, 2018, 02:52:47 PM
Making it formal, I'm not going to be writing thousands of words in a post and I'm dropping out here. I'm pretty disappointed as I was looking forward to this, though I'm not looking forward to needing to read walls of text whilst I just do a few generic paragraphs.
Woah, wait what? Did I miss something? That seemed to come outta nowhere :^(

William Blake

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on April 10, 2018, 02:56:37 PM
Woah, wait what? Did I miss something? That seemed to come outta nowhere :^(

Shoutbox conversation, I think. Sad, too, since I was rather looking forward to that Tiefling! I mean, I suppose I understand not wanting to wade through a lot of text, if that's not someone's thing, but I hope no one gave him the impression that he'd have to write one...                                                                                                                                     

Roleplay Frog

Oook let's take a gander at what characters float about newly first!

QuoteAlright, sheet is done! I tried to tone down the western stuff in the backstory so it could make as much sense in a fantasy setting, while still having a gun involved. I also tried to condense it a bit cause I feel like it was going on a bit too long? As for character stats and stuff, lemme know if I screwed up on that too, cause I'm not super familiar with 5e

Bit long, yes, but I knew in the middle that, lacking weird curveballs I'd approve it, I can quite literally see him wake up in my world with a torn in half noose around his neck ala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsObv4b-qYg
Mechanicswise you're in the clear, he's not super strong buildwise, but I'll give you something to compensate, see below.

Ellie Tallow

an interesting set of rolls you got yourself, also gz for making me look up teratophilia which I at first translated as 'liking four things at once' You'll do fine. :P
I'll let you keep your gun redesigning the shortbow, because I like the writeup and it's clearly a dear item for him. (plus, by design, it is antithetical to a rogues sneaking strategies, so I can make it strong without overpowering you).
Treat as shortbow +3 with a drawback of needing a full round reload if fired consecutively six times, also, not a silent weapon at all roleplay/stealthwise. Don't expect to easily find ammunition.
Mechanics wise, all looks in order, thus, you are the first to whom I can say:
Character Approved!

-> This fills a role of single target damage dealer/Literal glass cannon for those that want to do party-building.

Perra Baharoosh

Fetish just bestiality? Well, I can certainly comply ^^, though I must ask what you think about corruptive/transforming concepts?
Mechanicswise, solid meatshield chassis, poke when updated.

Ssezseehsa Zsistu "Zashesa"

Snek girl:
I find the 'all but snek' bestiality exlcusion interesting, is that IC or OOC as well, just to be clear? Asking cause, looking at characters about, bestiality might well become a big thing. ^^
Hawtest Yuan-Ti I've seen in a while, but you portray their racial attitude apropriately, so not like I mind that.
I have two things I need to poke at with your backround, one is who or what assaulted her and the other is her patron. I -think- you want to leave that open for me to decide, I'd like to take that opportunity for her patron gladly, but also work with you there, Hexblades by design make pacts with sentient weapons, is that what you have in mind?
As for who killed her, I'd say missing a report and getting all too snuggly with humans is reason enough for the Yuan-Ti to take her out, just want this to be cleared as we start.
Mechanics: I'm ok with the snake-reflavouring of things overall, obviously non abusable. Do tell me about the snake-whip, does that play into your hexblade?
Overall, looking pretty good, just needs some clarifying.

Kitsuko

I wonder if there's a fable of fox and snake.. hrmn.. anyway!
Looks alright so far, poke when done.

Now, other stuff that was said, and commentary:
So far, looking at a kinda squishy party.. but that's ok, don't worry about that, you're after all, already dead, so getting to 0 hitpoints wont knock you out.

QuoteI'm thinking this isn't actually the game for me. Thanks for the consideration though Deva, you guys have fun!
Alright, sure, see yous about!

QuoteI have a dark fantasy half-elf from a campaign I was really excited about and which completely fell apart before the prologue even got too far off the ground. If there's space for her, I might enjoy dusting off an adjusting the ol' character sheet.

One of the ideas of the setting, yes. I feel that by using 'Dead' characters in this setting, it adds a level of .. uh.. *insert your favourite artsy word here* to the roleplay.. and most people that played online for a while have one or two of those characters they really liked that just kinda.. fell off.

Quoteshe was written for a Dragon Age-like world where people were racist against elves and wary of magic.
I'm ok with that.

QuoteAs a spiteful, vindictive, bitter person with a lot of righteous fury, she also liked spells she could play off as her targets/victims going crazy.

Our party seems to start leaning towards evil. I can work with that *evil DM snickering noises to be heard*

QuoteShe'd be fun to fuck up even worse in the confines of E. Maybe instead of escaping the knight she was used for snuff. Who knows? Could be entertaining, if you want to get dark. ;)

I'm fading genuine snuff stuff to black. Perversion and corruption otoh.. You however are invited to get a bit dark in your backstory introduction of how she came to this setting.. I'll leave it to you.

QuoteMerielle was obsessed with stories, and her bardic nature was more the retelling of epic poems and tales of valor... and of trying to star in them herself.

Well, here's her chance.. sadly, it wont be the kind of story she read so often. ^^

QuoteAwesome characters, gang! I'm glad this is getting some traction now.  :-)

I agree. If you want to go back on deciding you didn't want to join after all that all be yours to decide.

QuoteI'm definitely thinking it was College of Valor, just with an extra emphasis on stabbing things herself. ;D Can't remember if I wanted her to take a few levels of Warlock - I do love that class - but there seem to be enough here that I can just stick with Bard, if y'all want me around. ;)

I'll leave that to the other players. I think you could properly stack Valor Bard and bladepact 'lock, but how well it would play I can't certainly tell you.

QuoteYou and an opposing player each swap your books and do PvP sorta Choose your own Adventure, as each page has different sword-fight actions you take and the page to turn to for it. You can see an image on each page seeing either the opposing player's character get hit by your attack or a pic of them posing provocatively as they attack you. It's pretty awesome if you dug Choose your own Adventure books as a kid.

Sounds interesting.. though I just know I'd rather want to make a game myself out of that. ^^

QuoteHi, I am a first timer so this would literally be my first DnD ever. I want to play a rogue dwarf who will become a secondary warlock. I have the character sheet but I do not know how to attach the file. Its on myth weavers. Please let me know asap as I would love to get the ball rolling.

As I told you in the chat, show me what you are made of, if I like the character, happy to deal with a few newbie questions .. plus I'm sensing a strong warlock-subtheme here. Perhaps, thoug not necessarily, I could link the settings lore to that to some degree.. ^^

QuoteShoutbox conversation, I think. Sad, too, since I was rather looking forward to that Tiefling! I mean, I suppose I understand not wanting to wade through a lot of text, if that's not someone's thing, but I hope no one gave him the impression that he'd have to write one...

Yeaah I dunno. I tried to be encouraging, by no means are huge posts or charactersheets necessary.. nor are they discouraged. 

Roleplay Frog

Anywhoo! with things picking up, I created an OOC and a character thread: See here!

So we can (more or less) focus on characters and questions related to joining up here and I don't scare anyone off with massive quote-post-answers. :P

p.s. I reviewed all of your characters while listening to Disney music and YOU CAN'T STOP ME!!

p.p.s. It was this though.

William Blake

Funny, I've been listening to metal covers by Leo Moracchioli. :P

William Blake

QuoteI'm fading genuine snuff stuff to black. Perversion and corruption otoh.. You however are invited to get a bit dark in your backstory introduction of how she came to this setting.. I'll leave it to you.

I am generally opposed to snuff as a sexual On or interest - not morally, mind you, if that's your thing, but it's not my taste. However, I makes for a fucking poignant way for Merielle to "go", so to speak, and solidifies her character in this context very well, so... I'm making an exception. Besides, we all have to die, in this campaign. Some of us die fighting for our lives. Merielle is no exception, save that her murderer was killing her for more deviant reasons.

QuoteOur party seems to start leaning towards evil. I can work with that *evil DM snickering noises to be heard*

She's a good person at heart. Or... was. She just has a nasty, vicious streak the expresses itself in certain contexts. ;D She's Neutral, leaning good in most decisions and evil in her treatment of those she finds reprehensible.

QuoteOne of the ideas of the setting, yes. I feel that by using 'Dead' characters in this setting, it adds a level of .. uh.. *insert your favourite artsy word here* to the roleplay.. and most people that played online for a while have one or two of those characters they really liked that just kinda.. fell off.

Oh, that fits Merielle. But, I specifically like the idea of her having died, rather than just playing her alive and well adjusted for a new campaign. I think she, as a character, works really well for it. She has a good reason to be dead, after all, and some very interesting potential thoughts about it.

Onto rolls! I'll use Orokos, if you don't mind, because I'm still unfamiliar with the site's dice roller.

Stats
16 (+3)
13 (+1)
13 (+1)
12 (+1)
12 (+1)
7 (-2)

A little bit different from her original spread, but I think I can work with it. :D Especially because her CHA bonus is now fucking hilarious, though her Dex will suffer a bit.

Level 2 Health

Things are not coming up Merielle. This is what I get. I should have just taken the average. :P

I'll avoid the Trinket Table, for now. Keep in mind I love that table; it has a Sheriff badge, a 9-Volt battery, and other wonderful, dumb shit hidden in it, but I believe she had rolled a 64 - "a pyramid of sticky, black incense that smells very bad" - which I believe represented the funeral pyre for the pet mouse she got for having the Urchin background. ;D

Are we using Feats, by the way? I love Feats, but I know they're technically an optional rule in 5e.

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: Deva on April 10, 2018, 03:31:05 PM
Perra Baharoosh

Fetish just bestiality? Well, I can certainly comply ^^, though I must ask what you think about corruptive/transforming concepts?
Mechanicswise, solid meatshield chassis, poke when updated.

That's all that had come to mind in the I was working on it. I'm gonna add more.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: William Blake on April 10, 2018, 04:56:29 PM
I am generally opposed to snuff as a sexual On or interest - not morally, mind you, if that's your thing, but it's not my taste. However, I makes for a fucking poignant way for Merielle to "go", so to speak, and solidifies her character in this context very well, so... I'm making an exception.

Sounds good.
She's a good person at heart. Or... was. She just has a nasty, vicious streak the expresses itself in certain contexts. ;D She's Neutral, leaning good in most decisions and evil in her treatment of those she finds reprehensible.

So she's a person? :P
Oh, that fits Merielle. But, I specifically like the idea of her having died, rather than just playing her alive and well adjusted for a new campaign. I think she, as a character, works really well for it. She has a good reason to be dead, after all, and some very interesting potential thoughts about it.

I agree, also,.. well, not spoilering what I'm thinking, you'll see soon enough. :P

QuoteOnto rolls! I'll use Orokos, if you don't mind, because I'm still unfamiliar with the site's dice roller.

W/E. I got a D100 on my desk as a playtoy, I'ma do whatever with the dices myself. :P
Things are not coming up Merielle. This is what I get. I should have just taken the average. :P

You got the excuse of her demise leaving a few psychic marks.

QuoteI'll avoid the Trinket Table, for now. Keep in mind I love that table; it has a Sheriff badge, a 9-Volt battery, and other wonderful, dumb shit hidden in it, but I believe she had rolled a 64 - "a pyramid of sticky, black incense that smells very bad" - which I believe represented the funeral pyre for the pet mouse she got for having the Urchin background. ;D

The fluff? I neve bothered with rolling my characters backrounds but.. oook. :P

QuoteAre we using Feats, by the way? I love Feats, but I know they're technically an optional rule in 5e.

Look at the charsheet real close, I included them just in case as they do change things up
That said, as half elf you'll have to wait 2 levels before you can grab one, they come at the cost of the +2 to an attribute you get otherwise.

QuoteThat's all that had come to mind in the I was working on it. I'm gonna add more.

I'll let you think up your own dirty joke in regards to your first thoughts being that. :P

p.s. between myself and Williams use of it there's way too much tongue showing smileys in this one.

William Blake

QuoteSo she's a person?

Given the rigid morality system in use by DnD and my specific thoughts on it, I'd say that's not necessarily something you can just ASSUME about a character. ;)

QuoteThe fluff? I neve bothered with rolling my characters backrounds but.. oook.

Oh lord, I NEVER roll for background. But Urchin gives her a mouse and I love the Trinket Table, and I didn't want her having a mouse OR a pyramid of stinky bullshit, so I elected instead of write a cute scene in an otherwise dark tale about a sad girl having a private funeral for one of her closest tiny friends. It was a good way to show she wasn't completely broken. ;D

QuoteLook at the charsheet real close,

Well there's my problem. ;)

Next up: character sheet!

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: William Blake on April 10, 2018, 05:20:01 PM
Oh lord, I NEVER roll for background. But Urchin gives her a mouse and I love the Trinket Table, and I didn't want her having a mouse OR a pyramid of stinky bullshit, so I elected instead of write a cute scene in an otherwise dark tale about a sad girl having a private funeral for one of her closest tiny friends. It was a good way to show she wasn't completely broken. ;D

you know, with some people it's hard to find storyline hooks and angles to get to their character at. You're the opposite.

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: Deva on April 10, 2018, 05:09:59 PM
I'll let you think up your own dirty joke in regards to your first thoughts being that. :P

Well, I am playing a barbarian. They're only what two steps above farmers, right? >:)

Anyway, I have more or less finished my character and edited the sheet. I'm honestly open to experimentation with this character, so I don't really have many listed fetishes.

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Deva on April 10, 2018, 03:31:05 PM
an interesting set of rolls you got yourself, also gz for making me look up teratophilia which I at first translated as 'liking four things at once' You'll do fine. :P

What can I say, whenever there's four of anything I just can't help myself :P

QuoteI'll let you keep your gun redesigning the shortbow, because I like the writeup and it's clearly a dear item for him. (plus, by design, it is antithetical to a rogues sneaking strategies, so I can make it strong without overpowering you).
Treat as shortbow +3 with a drawback of needing a full round reload if fired consecutively six times, also, not a silent weapon at all roleplay/stealthwise. Don't expect to easily find ammunition.

Woo, my boy gets to keep his gun! Those sound like some reasonable drawbacks to having a gun though and I'm pretty sure that's how PF handles them anyway. So since its six shots, does that mean its a revolver again? Cause I changed it to a more old timey pistol when you said that I should tone down the western-y bits.

Roleplay Frog

Well, the six shot is less a weapons lore and more a game balancing thing for me. I could make it a move action to recharge, but as you're a rogue, you don't give a crap about your move action thanks to dash. Plus, feels not quite fitting.
I could also make it a standard action a blip, but that'd be a bit cruel, even with it having more of a punch to it than an arrow.

Then again, considering the limited ammunition, perhaps you want it as a once a fight tops option only?

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Deva on April 10, 2018, 06:36:12 PM
Well, the six shot is less a weapons lore and more a game balancing thing for me. I could make it a move action to recharge, but as you're a rogue, you don't give a crap about your move action thanks to dash. Plus, feels not quite fitting.
I could also make it a standard action a blip, but that'd be a bit cruel, even with it having more of a punch to it than an arrow.

Then again, considering the limited ammunition, perhaps you want it as a once a fight tops option only?

Yeah, I think it would just make more sense to have it as a weapon that packs a wallop, but with severely limited use. Given the rare ammo plan, I like the idea of the gun being a sorta 'emergencies only' kinda thing.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on April 10, 2018, 07:03:53 PM
Yeah, I think it would just make more sense to have it as a weapon that packs a wallop, but with severely limited use. Given the rare ammo plan, I like the idea of the gun being a sorta 'emergencies only' kinda thing.

Ok, let's go with giving it a single shot, full standard needed to reload. I think that wont break the setting and the gun was something close to your character, so I'm ok with it, it's little different from a spell for fantasy world inspired characters, seeing its limitations.

Experience tells me that rarely do rogues use up all their bolts/arrows anyway, I just kinda gave you an incentive to actually make use of 'em. :P

schnookums

Hmm, I'm a bit worried about this going the direction of an "evil" campaign, as I generally don't play that sort of character. I hope I hadn't misconstrued the core idea of the game.