Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolvo

I don't want to believe that counts as good business. I don't like how people just failed endlessly upwards. It is such a depressing thing to even think.

TheGlyphstone

It's terrible business. I'm not arguing for his competence in literally anything except his ability to benefit himself by telling people extremely convincing lies, but in that one specific area he is frustratingly, depressingly competent.

Tolvo

Man I wish I could just trip and fall out a window into a money truck that also contains a deed to a prominent business building and also oh wow it's raining down gold bars around BUT NOT ON ME. Then maybe I could someday use that to make more and more money as I Mr Magoo my way through the business world and then bam, run for president.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Vekseid on November 13, 2018, 09:49:31 PM
Trump skipped out on visiting Arlington...

Good. There are tens of thousands of service members buried there who died fighting those fine people he's so fond of. Littlefinger desecrates the place every time he sets foot in it.

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 13, 2018, 11:24:49 PM
Wine is for liberal sissies, REAL MEN! TM drink BEER? ::)

My neighbor has a bumper sticker that says 'Our beer snobs can beat up your wine snobs.'

I want to suggest to the local meadery (yes, we have one) that they make a bumper sticker that just says 'Mead Snob' with a picture of a Viking battle axe.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 13, 2018, 11:24:49 PM
Wine is for liberal sissies, REAL MEN! TM drink BEER? ::)

Real women drink bourbon. Or more better, vodka. :-)

Callie Del Noire

The man likes Steak WELL DONE...With ketchup. He knows NOTHING about good eating.. but he’s said times about voiding alcohol because of a family member, his brother I think, being an alcoholic.

As beer vs wine.. why can’t you like both? I drank a nice San Sebastián Vintners White last night and I enjoy the odd pale beer from time to time.. I avoid dark stouts cause I have this uncanny ablility to find the one in the entire store that is skunks..

Sara Nilsson

Only acceptable way to cook a steak is to show it a picture of a match for three seconds and then serve it.

Regina Minx

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 14, 2018, 01:51:04 PM
Only acceptable way to cook a steak is to show it a picture of a match for three seconds and then serve it.

I agree that a nice red inside is best. But some sort of rub on the outside that blackens when it's touched to the grill satisfies in a way I can't describe. Like a coffee/seasoned salt mix? Heaven.

Sara Nilsson

oo that looks interesting. Gonna have to try that

Callie Del Noire

A rub, or soaking it in something is acceptable.. it should be red or pink inside though..(I waffle, usually depending on where I get it) and NO SAUCES after cooking. If  I could ban A1 , aside from cooking, I would. 

I personally consider anything after cooking a steak an insult to the cook.

Regina Minx

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 14, 2018, 02:11:54 PM
A rub, or soaking it in something is acceptable.. it should be red or pink inside though..(I waffle, usually depending on where I get it) and NO SAUCES after cooking. If  I could ban A1 , aside from cooking, I would. 

I personally consider anything after cooking a steak an insult to the cook.

*gasp!* Not even like a steak au poivre with congac sauce?

TheGlyphstone

Pink in the middle for me, please.

Oniya

Quote from: Regina Minx on November 14, 2018, 02:16:54 PM

Isn't that usually served with the sauce?  I could be wrong, but I think Callie was referring to additions made after presentation.  (I make some allowances for seasoning 'to taste'.) 

If you're going to glop ketchup on a well-done steak, just order a hamburger and be done with it.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 14, 2018, 01:51:04 PM

Råbiff - "raw beef" - is actually the name of a well-known dish over here, as you would know. :P

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: gaggedLouise on November 14, 2018, 02:50:26 PM
Råbiff - "raw beef" - is actually the name of a well-known dish over here, as you would know. :P

And it is the best, havent had any in ages. :(

Regina Minx

Quote from: gaggedLouise on November 14, 2018, 02:50:26 PM

Is that like a tartare?

Sara Nilsson

Pretty much yes.

Iniquitous

I am the only one in my family that eats steak correctly.  Grilled just long enough to heat it and get a sear on the outside, bloody on the inside.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Tolvo

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Regina Minx on November 14, 2018, 02:16:54 PM

That is part of the presentation and dish. I’m talking with things like A1 or ketchup

Sara Nilsson

Flower

I know that will rankle him.

Icelandic

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on November 16, 2018, 01:02:30 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cnn-trump-lawsuit-hearing/index.html

I don't see the full logic behind this. If someone is acting in a way that very clearly puts the press conference on hold, and in a way that is inappropriate for a press conference, then that should be all that is needed for a removal of press credentials. No one individual has the right to speak to the president, much less when that individual is acting in a disruptive or inappropriate manner. I get the argument about 'due process' here, but lets be real, you don't need due process to decide "yea this guy is being an ass, we don't want him here anymore'. You don't need a trial to decide that.

Please, do stay a while, and warm up my icy heart~.

(Cuddle friendly)
My O/O's

My main request thread. (Always open!)

Tolvo

While I often am critical of the systems we have, Due Process is incredibly important to a fair and just system of justice and law and helps to prevent abuses of power.

It is not saying you can't kick someone out of a venue for them being disruptive. It was more about his press pass and the White House revoking that without any actual legal standing to do so or without any real process involved that was fair or involved the courts and legal proceedings.