News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

File size limit on the wiki?

Started by Lord Mayerling, February 05, 2012, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Mayerling

I'm trying to upload an image (.png file) to the wiki, and it keeps coming up as just black. I'm thinking it might exceed some predefined limit on the size of the file? Is there such a limit?

Vekseid

The limit should be 32mb. The server itself would bounce the request though - it shouldn't get through at all.

It looks like your second attempt uploaded fine? Not sure what happened to your first, there.

Lord Mayerling

Odd.

You are correct, but when I uploaded the second version, it looked just like the first. Now it appears as you say.

Thanks for the help!

Vekseid

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on February 05, 2012, 09:03:18 AM
Odd.

You are correct, but when I uploaded the second version, it looked just like the first. Now it appears as you say.

Thanks for the help!

Oh right.

When you upload a new version of any file, you'll want to shift+reload (and tell others to do so). It copies the file to the same place. Wiki is dumb like that.

Lord Mayerling

*facepalm* Duh.

You, sir, are The Man. Thanks.

Al Terego

Apologies for resurrecting the thread, but I am getting errors from the Wiki when I try uploading an animated GIF file larger than 2MB, way smaller than the 32MB limit mentioned above.

This file is bigger than the server is configured to allow.
Maximum file size: 2 MB (a file on your computer)

Previously I had no problems uploading files that were 6MB or so.  This one is 7MB.

Vekseid

Yeah I just noticed the config isn't taking for some reason a few days ago.

Will be looking into it.

consortium11

I'd love to be able to upload bigger stuff to the wiki; quite a few of my gifs get heavily neutered due to the file size.

So a +1 to looking into increasing the 2mb limit.

Vekseid

This should be fixed now, apologies for the delay. I'm not sure why it wasn't loading the config. : /