News:

Main Menu

Pottermore, anyone?

Started by foxfeathers, April 15, 2012, 06:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxfeathers

Looking for some new friends on Pottermore! I just joined today.

*snip*

Also some navigational advice would be appreciated. I am just clicking through the chapters now, reading the extras. How does one unlock the locked material and also when does one get sorted?

Cheers,

Fox

No contact details on the public forums.  Thanks! 

Callie Del Noire

They opened it up to the public?

Saerrael

I just checked, and it does seem active. I kinda gave up on it ever coming out of Beta.

Iniquitous

It's opened - I registered this morning though I have not gotten the email telling me I can do anything yet. :(

Edit: Take that back. Just got it!
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

foxfeathers

That's interesting. I registered this morning or afternoon and got accepted. Perhaps there was a sudden influx of new users or something like that.

I just got sorted as Slytherin and unlocked a bunch of cool perks, like the common room and great hall, et cetera.

I definitely recommend signing up ASAP if you haven't already!

Iniquitous

Saerrael

Lord, you move fast. I've only just got my wand *laughs*

Iniquitous

OMG potions SUCK!!!! I cannot do this cure for boils for the life of me!!!!

Edit: 15 tries and I finally got the practice potion done... good lords.. I'm Ravenclaw, suppose to be smart x.x

Saerrael

*wears green and silver* Oh yeah! *cheers*

Iniquitous

Bit of advice when you get to the potions section - watch this tutorial first to see how it is done or you will be banging your head on your desk lol.

Potion Making In Pottermore!

Saerrael

I kinda skipped potions and went for duels >.> <.<
Too much fun *giggles*

Iniquitous

LOL! Now that I have the hang of potions (somewhat - have to be careful with lag cause sometimes it will show that you added enough of an ingredient and then tell you didn't when you're done x.x) I have been brewing up a storm. I'll have to check out dueling next though I suspect I'll get my butt handed to me.

Saerrael

Duels seem to be mostly about timing your cast well to score a good amount of potency. I do recommend finding a few books for a few higher powered hexes, though.

Iniquitous

Book hunt it is then! Just as soon as this antidote against common poisons is done >.>

Saerrael

Good luck! I'm sure I will get Potions under my thumb...
...one day!

I wonder if you can befriend cross- House, by the way.

Iniquitous

Should be able to.

And potions is still kicking my arse. Got right up to the final ingredient (you have to shake the damn berries out of the bottle and not spill more than the required number... egads!) and goofed. So... had to start over.

I tried casting while it was brewing (some of these potions take 30 to 45 mins to brew). I am not so good at casting LOL.

Flower

Thank you for putting this up. I had given up on being able to join. :)

Cassivellaunus

Oh my goodness, I love pottermore. I have finished the Philosopher's Stone already. It was actually kind of sad because now I have to wait to explore the next book. Got sorted into hufflepuff though, I was so excited about that.